Stomach Pain and Diarrhea
Accidentally eating contaminated food or following wrong food habits can cause disorders of the stomach. Abdominal pain, diarrhea, queasiness, vomiting, etc., are the common symptoms of gastrointestinal or digestive system illness. If you too experience these symptoms, there might be a possibility of the following reasons.
Diet can Also Play an Important Role
IBS victims may benefit from eating smaller meals at more frequent periods. Foods that are low in fat and high in fiber are beneficial to keeping the intestine healthy. Dietary fiber includes bulk to stools making them larger and softer and easier to pass, thus reducing the pain associated with bowel movements.
Ulcers are basically open wounds that develop on the inner walls of the intestines. Initially, the pain is experienced somewhere around the belly button and with no treatment the pain spreads and affects the whole stomach area. Ulcers trigger internal bleeding, causing discomfort in the belly button region.
- Though stress is becoming an inevitable part of life, there are ways to cope with the ups and downs of life.
- One can conquer stress with the help and support of their loved ones, family, friends, as well as medical help.
- Do not wait till you reach the point of total breakdown.
- It is much better to take a break occasionally from work and go on a short holiday or pursue a hobby.
- Attempt yoga to soothe your nerves and eat healthy.
- There ought to be more time for laughs to keep stress levels as low as possible.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): IBS is a gastrointestinal disorder that causes temporary damage to the large intestine. In this condition, increased mucus production by the mucous membrane located in the intestinal tract is observed. Excess mucus may trickle down to the urethra, which will be ultimately visible in the urine.
- Excessive intestinal gurgling after a meal indicates that the food isn't completely digested or that too much air has been swallowed during a meal.
- Those who suffer from anxiety are in the habit of swallowing lots of air while eating, for this reason they suffer from gurgling and bloating.
Nutrition & Weight Loss : Symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Some symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, or IBS, include diarrhea, nausea, constipation and bloating. Discover how IBS can cause anxiety or depression ...
Stomach Ulcers: If you are suffering from stomach ulcers, you may experience a dull and gnawing, burning like experience in stomach which is sudden in its occurrence. The pain becomes extreme if you are surviving on an empty stomach and may be temporarily relieved after eating. Other symptoms experienced during this condition are queasiness, vomiting, heartburn, indigestion, dark stools, and gas.
Usage of food and water that is contaminated with bacterial toxins or parasitic worms can lead to food poisoning. Infection of the gastrointestinal tract by bacterial agents such as Salmonella, Campylobacter, Yersinia, Shigella, Escherichia coli, etc., might lead to digestive tract problems. Signs of food poisoning include abdominal cramps, stomach pain, fever, watery diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, etc.
- So, now you learn about the stomach problems caused by stress and how to treat them.
- After reading this article you probably know that there may be something else causing your indigestion rather than a bit of extra pizza!