Nervous Stomach Disease: Nervous Stomach Ache
Nervous stomach can not really be classified under any specific disease. Doctors generally use this term for a variety of stomach-related conditions such as indigestion, bloating, or perhaps changes in bowel habits. Diagnosis is usually done by a doctor after diagnostic tests fail to reveal a particular cause. Most of the time, it is a result of stress and/ or anxiety.
By taking certain medications and altering the eating habits a person may get some relief from colon spasm symptoms. Those suffering from constipation or hard stools should drink lots of water and include various fruits and vegetables in the day-to-day diet. Doctors generally encourage to go for a high fiber diet plan in order to ease the constipation. On the other hand, people suffering from diarrhea are asked to follow a balanced diet along with lots of water. They are encouraged to stay away from junk food and fried foods, etc. In severe cases, patients are prescribed drugs and medicines that can reduce the pain and swelling related to colon spasm and bring it back to the normal functioning.
The main objective of the treatment is to manage and relief the symptoms, and to help the sufferer to lead a normal life. Keep in mind that no single treatment for the condition produces finest results for everybody. The patient has to deal with his/her doctor and decide what's best.
- Worried stomach is not a disease; but having a sour stomach every now and then indicates dysfunction of the digestive system.
- Remember, inactive or stressful way of life can be the main reason for 'upset stomach' occurrences.
- As you know, incorrect eating habits can cause stomach problems.
- Nervous stomach symptoms may vary according to the cause.
- Sciatica The sciatic nerve is the biggest single nerve in the lower spinal cord.
- In case the disks of the spinal cord get herniated, it compresses the sciatic nerve, and puts pressure on it.
- This leads to a sharp shooting pain along the lower back.
Papaya Enzyme Supplements
Papaya enzyme supplements can be found in the form of tablets and powder. They are generally produced by collecting the latex from the papaya fruit. The latex is either allowed to dry on the fruit itself, or to drip inside a container suspended from the fruit. Once it dries and becomes crude, it is purified in order to get rid of contaminants in it. The purified enzyme is ultimately made available in the form of papain tablets or powder.
- Osteoporosis It is a condition which causes the bones to end up being weak and brittle.
- This causes the bones to fracture frequently and undergo compression, leading to a condition called kyphosis.
- This condition causes the abnormal curving of the spinal column, which in turn affects the nerves, thereby causing great pain.
Cause - Crohn's Illness
This inflammatory bowel disease causes swelling in the lining of the digestive tract, thus, causing intestinal cramping, diarrhea, abdominal pain, blood in stools and malnutrition. Crohn's illness is a very serious condition and can even be lethal.
Ulcer. They can be simply defined as areas of tissue disintegration. The causative agents are smoking, stress, and bacterial infection. They may occur in the lining of the gastrointestinal tract. If the left side is affected, then it may lead to moderate to severe pain. The area with the ulcer is normally concave in shape because of tissue erosion.
Disregarded, this disorder could take the awful form of colitis, as well as cancer. Dietary adjustments to include soluble fiber helps a lot to reduce the unpleasant indications. Laxatives, antidiarrheals, and colon cleanse products are also recommended for treatment. Antispasmodic drugs, serotonin and serotonin villains, and opioids are also commonly recommended. Alternative remedies, such as relaxation treatment, use of probiotics, iberogast, peppermint oil, homemade colon cleanse, and even acupuncture help in reducing the discomfort associated with the condition.
Tension Food allergies Hormone changes (like menopause, for example) Genetics Many cases develop after gastroenteritis (stomach flu) Poor diet plan (processed, high sugar foods).
- Infections Infections in the urinary tract might lead to flank pain; these urinary tract infections are mostly caused by bacteria.
- The germs cause the infection to take a trip from the intestinal tract into the bladder through the urethra and cause a bladder infection.
- Though deemed treatable, a urinary tract infection may cause pain until it is completely cured.
- The infection, generally, is accompanied by nausea, fever, and a burning sensation while urinating.
IBS Abdominal Pain constipation diarrhea Gastrointestinal infection Manipal Hospitals
The video describes a condition known as Irritable Bowel Syndrome which affects the large intestine. It begins with the structure of the large intestine and the ...
The existence of ovarian cysts in women causes their stomach to swell. During the menstrual cycle, the follicle consists of a fluid-filled cyst that encloses an ovum. If in a cycle, the hair follicle grows larger than normal and does not burst to release the ovum, it is called an ovarian cyst. This condition usually gets resolved over a period of time with the help of basic medical attention. However, in some it has to be surgically removed.
- Wondering what triggers waist pain?
- Left side waist pain is usually a common phenomenon.
- You can better understand the answer to this question if you understand what organs and structures lie in this particular area of the body.
Spastic colon gives rise to a number of co-related immune responses. A few of them include: Coeliac disease: This disease is an allergic, immune response to Gliadin protein. The condition is a trigger of spastic colon and manifests in the form of diarrhea and celiac sprue.
- By going through the above account, you may have gotten a concept of the various health problems associated with waist pain.
- The given list includes just a few of the common causes, and so is insufficient.
- Only a medical practitioner can figure out and tell you the exact underlying cause.
- Therefore, it is always suggested to consult a medical practitioner in case of consistently severe discomfort.
Blastocystis: This is a term used to refer to a single-cell microorganism, the existence of which causes abdominal pain, diarrhea, and constipation.
- Symptoms People dealing with diabetes and arthritis may also experience pain in the right flank from time to time.
- An injury to the lower back section or a muscle pull may also lead to flank pain.
- The flank region is prone to intense pain when there is extrinsic motion.
- The pain raises when the range of motion increases.
- The side where the pain is actively experienced shows which, and how far the kidney has been affected.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Irritable bowel syndrome is the most common intestinal tract problem. It is characterized by abnormal gut contraction. The identifying symptoms are pain in the abdominal area, flatulence, passage of mucus coated stools, stomach cramping, and irregular bowel movements. All the given indications of IBS are generally accompanied with rotating constipation and diarrhea.
- Symptoms As the gallbladder is actively involved in the digestion process, its removal has an adverse impact on the overall digestive system.
- The symptoms of post cholecystectomy syndrome are quite different in every individual's case.
- The most commonly observed signs and the factors behind them are described here: Treatment
- AppendicitisThe appendix is a small tubular organ present at the lower end of the cecum.
- Appendicitis is the swelling of the appendix.
- It is a serious medical condition that needs to be treated immediately.
Abdominal Bloating Treatment An abnormal swelling in the abdominal area might be caused by bloating. A complete or tight abdominal area is a symptom of this condition. There are lots of causes of bloating, for this reason, treatment differs according to the cause. Prior to we...
Ulcerative colitis is also an illness characterized by inflammation of the large intestine. There are different types of ulcerative colitis. But the one that causes stomach ache and diarrhea together is proctosigmoiditis. Proctosigmoiditis in turn is characterized by the swelling of the sigmoid colon and the rectum.
- When you see something irregular taking place in your body, it is obvious to get a little scared.
- Urine is a liquid which is not required by the body, and it occurs in various organs including the lungs, kidneys and the large intestine.
- Almost everyone of us has experienced mucus in urine or cloudy urine at some point of time.
- For the most parts, it's a result of all the foods and liquids which you have taken in.
- This is quite normal, and there's no reason for raising an alarm.
- However, if this has become a regular occurrence, then this a sign of trouble and an instant urine and blood test is advised.
As you can see, a number of these Irritable Bowel Syndrome causes can be avoided and isn't it worth it to perhaps save you a painful condition for the rest of your life? If you cut out what you can, opportunities are averting a case of IBS won't be the only favorable outcome you experience.
Dientamoeba fragilis: This is also a single-cell microbe that displays its presence with diarrhea and severe pain in the abdomen.
- Crohn's disease is another kind of inflammatory bowel disease that could affect any part of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Genetic or immunological factors could be responsible for causing this condition.
- The chronic inflammation of the affected part of the intestinal tract could be due to an irregular immune response to a bacterium or an infection.
- While the presence of blood in stool could be a sign of this condition, sometimes stool may also contain mucus.
- This might occur when the affected people develop anal cracks (tear in the lining of the anus).
- Other symptoms that might be experienced by people affected by this condition include:
- Intense GastritisAcute gastritis is the sudden inflammation of the inner lining of the stomach caused due to bacterial or viral infection.
- Abdominal pain and tightness, nausea, bloating, vomiting and loss of appetite are the symptoms of gastritis.
In this condition a small part the stomach is seen protruding in the chest cavity. Normally, the upper body is separated into two parts by the diaphragm (a dome shaped internal skeletal muscle). The lungs and the heart form the first part, while the second part consists of the liver, stomach and the intestine. However, hiatal hernia victims have a part of the stomach coming out through the diaphragm and going into the chest cavity. This unnatural protrusion of the stomach in the chest gives a feeling of heartburn and is accompanied by belching and rib pain. Carrying heavy things, hard coughing or vomiting are some of the common reasons behind hiatal hernia.
Pancreatitis This condition is marked by inflammation of the pancreas, a glandular organ that produces enzymes to promote digestion. As the organ is situated to the rear of the stomach, one may experience belly button discomfort due to medical conditions like pancreatitis. Other symptoms associated with pancreatitis consist of nausea, throwing up, indigestion and radiating belly button pain that aggravates after having meals. The pain associated with stomach flu or ulcers is usually not constant but tends to come and go.
- Modifications in Bowel Movements: It is one of the most striking colon spasm sign that can help one detect the colon spasm in the earlier phase.
- An individual's bowel habit may get modified.
- For example, a person may feel the urge to defecate at unusual timings, unlike earlier.
- In some cases, some individuals may suffer from excessive hard stools or loose stools.
- Pancreatitis This condition is an inflammation of the pancreas, a little gland that plays an important role in digestion.
- Sometimes the digestive enzymes assault the pancreas and damage the tissue.
- Other pancreas issues include gallstones that attack the pancreas and damage due to long-term alcohol abuse.
- A severe case of pancreatitis can cause pain, bloating, fever, rapid pulse and throwing up.
- Someone experiencing these symptoms ought to be seen right away in an emergency room.
Numerous Causes of Mucus in Urine
Although little traces of mucus are found in stools, consistent mucus in urine is simply not healthy for a person. Generally urine does not have its own color. The color depends on various other factors like food, drink, water, as well as medication. Holding the urine for long tends to give it a dark yellow color, and drinking less amounts of water also results in dark-colored urine. But why does the body secretes cloudy urine? Let's find out by understanding different mucus in urine causes.
Causes: Hernia, Crohn's illness, tumor, adhesions (presence of fibrous bands of tissue), and volvulus (twisting of the intestine) are medical conditions that can put a person at a risk of developing small bowel blockage. Paralytic ileus, which is also called pseudo-obstruction, describes intestinal obstruction that occurs when the muscles of the intestinal tract don't operate properly. This is one of the common contributory factors for bowel obstruction in children.
The left lower side of your body, you would find lower end of the left kidney, left ureter, part of the coming down large bowel, sigmoid colon, a part of the urinary bladder, left ovary and tube and the large blood vessels and nerves.
Often it may happen that a part or all of the tissues that line the rectum slide out of place; sometimes sticking through the anal opening. This is called rectal prolapse. Commonly, straining throughout a bowel movement, which usually takes place in constipation, triggers this condition. And one of its common symptoms is leakage of stool covered in mucous or blood from the anus. Other symptoms consist of a bright red tissue sticking out of the rectum, anal pain or bleeding, and feeling of incomplete evacuation.
Rotating stool patterns, fever, and vomiting add to the discomfort and stress. Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is detected only on the use of a dedicated diagnostic algorithm, like Manning Criteria and Kruis Criteria. There is a 'warning' list of symptoms established for quicker diagnosis of the condition. Physicians chart the chosen algorithm to concentrate on weight loss, anemia and related nighttime symptoms. Research reveals that there are certain comorbidities that commonly manifest to highlight spastic colon. These include headache, depression, fibromyalgia, associated low-grade inflammation of the surrounding area, and/or interstitial cystitis.
Vegetables, that are completely cooked, are easier to absorb as compared with raw ones (like in salads). Specifically, pulses and beans should be sprouted, steamed, sprouted for quick food digestion. You should also note that having large amount of pulses, beans, and lentils can cause digestive problems and thus, it is recommended to limit their intake. Cook beans with seaweed to reduce its salt content and prevent gas. Other vegetables like potatoes, yams can be boiled, mashed and eaten. Here are vegetables that can be included in the list of easily digestible foods. Miscellaneous Foods.
Stomach pain and cramps Constipation Diarrhea Rectal pain Weight loss Crohn's Disease
Solutions for IBS
If you're wondering about irritable bowel syndrome remedies, you should know that what works for one person may do very little for another. Solutions are highly individualized. For individuals with unique dietary triggers, the condition may be managed entirely with diet plan. If stress is a major trigger, better stress management is key. In basic, staying away from trigger foods, getting a lot of exercise, and staying hydrated are excellent ways to deal with this issue. If you're still not sure what remedies, you may want to check this out - great details, click here.
Nervous breakdown is not a medical term. It is not a disease by itself. It is just a figurative expression used by a common person to explain a larger issue. The major depressive episode can have similar symptoms of the characteristics of a breakdown. While DSM-IV (psychiatric classification system) or ICD-10 have terms like a psychiatric break, post-traumatic stress disorder, lunatic break, panic attack, etc., the term nervous breakdown is absent from any scientific literature related to mental disorders.