Nervous Stomach Symptoms Foods: Spastic Colon Treatment
Spastic colon is the another name of irritable bowel syndrome, which is a gastrointestinal disorder. The term spastic colon means an increase in the spontaneous contractions of the muscles of the large intestine, or their spasms. However, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can also trigger a reduction in the contractions of the large intestinal muscles. IBS is generally classified as a functional gastrointestinal disorder, as it is associated with how the intestine works, and not with any kind of damage to the intestinal tissues.
Benefits. Bentonite clay, when put in a liquid colloidal-gel state, works great for diarrhea, viral infections, food allergies, spastic colitis, food poisoning, abdominal cramps, depression, nausea, anorexia, etc. When taken internally, it promotes detoxification of the intestinal tract canal by eliminating all the toxic substances and waste from your body. It is used to treat constipation, bloating and gas. It also promotes beneficial bacterial balance in the digestive system, and helps boost immune system by way of liver detoxification and colon cleanse. Several other industrial benefits of the clay add to its value.
- Alcoholic Liver Disease: As the name suggests, it is caused due to excess consumption of alcohol.
- The different types of alcoholic liver disease are alcoholic cirrhosis, alcoholic fatty liver disease, and alcoholic hepatitis.
- Mild stomach problems normally do not need medical intervention and can be treated with little changes in your diet and lifestyle.
- Together with a healthy diet, it is important to invest some time for exercises.
- In spite of this, if the problem persists, you may have to seek a proper medical treatment.
The rib cage, also called the thoracic cage, is one of the core and most delicate parts of the human skeletal system. 24 bony structures called ribs, costal cartilages, 12 thoracic vertebrae and the sternum, all are parts that comprise the rib cage. A part of the human respiratory system, this bony and cartilaginous structure surrounds the thoracic cavity, which contains the lungs. It is an essential part of the human body and any pain in this region can be of serious issue, as it might indicate some serious medical condition or injury.
Causes and Symptoms of IBS
Causes Despite all the research carried out, the reasons for IBS or spastic colon are not well-understood. Researchers are of the opinion that a range of factors can trigger this condition. In IBS, the contractions of the digestive tract muscles can be much stronger, and they can last longer than usual, which in turn can cause food to move through the intestine much faster. This can cause gas, bloating, and diarrhea. The opposite can also occur, and food can remain in the intestine for a long time. As a result, the stool can end up being tough and difficult to pass.
Milk of magnesia. Bisacodyl. Senokot. The long-term use of laxatives is however not recommended, as they can cause dependence, or loss of normal bowel function.
Sacramento mothers of Middle Eastern and similar Mediterranean area descent have for generations cared for colic by feeding their children a type of probiotic called infantis (understood commercially in the USA as bifantis). Now, researches have shown how the probiotic works. It's familiar to most Middle Eastern moms to put a drop of Binfantis, which some mothers call 'infantis' on the tip of their pinky and touched the idea of the infant's tongue with the probiotic if their child has colic. And it seems to work to calm the colic and quiet the infant. However exactly what is in 'infantis' that actually silences colic in infants that would cry for hours with colic?
- Jaundice: It is caused due to excessive building up of bilirubin in blood.
- It is easily identified as the skin turns visibly yellowish.
- Liver Abscesses: It is development of pus in the liver.
- It can be a potentially deadly condition.
Dietary ModificationsPeople with spastic colon are often required to make some dietary changes to manage this condition. In general, it has been observed that the inclusion of more fiber-rich foods in the diet can help reduce the frequency of IBS attacks. Though the foods that activate IBS can be different for different individuals, patients of IBS are usually recommended to limit the consumption of those foods that can stimulate the intestine. Some such foods are:
To be Assured of Its Symptoms, It Takes Place Differently With the Different Personas
It depends from person to person. It can adversely be a lifelong condition causing some people to lose their potential of working, travelling, performing any social work and involving in any other activates. However, its primary signs are the fullness, gas, blotting and abdominal pain etc. that will go for three days or several months. The people suffering from IBS can alternatively switch to diarrhea and irregularities.
People, suffering from diarrhea, face frequent loose, watery stools and one who suffers from constipation will have a hard time passing stool, as well as fewer bowel movements. They can not discharge any stool or only a small amount. On the consultation of your doctor for the treatment of IBS, the physicians may check on the basis of the symptoms you describe to him or the pathological test or no test. Specifically there is no any specific test for checking the IBS and ultimately if doctor ask you for blood test, it is nothing but just to make it clear if you have celiac disease or a low blood count (anemia) or stool test to be made sure about the infections.
Less Common Ones
In some cases, it has been found that people experience irregularity in blood pressure, in addition to digestion problems. Urinary tract infections (UTI) and all symptoms associated with it also show up as some of the severe health effects caused by black mold exposure. The same can lead to medical conditions of the liver, and other organs of the body. There have been cases where, people were diagnosed with infertility which arised from living in a black mold-infested house for a long term period.
- Treatment: If diagnosed with a serious cracked or broken rib, it is suggested to speak with a doctor instantly and get a surgery scheduled.
- You should also get a CT or MRI scan done to rule out any nerve damage.
- If the crack is minor, it usually heals on its own in a month or two.
- You can use pain killers to relieve the pain.
- In any case, it is essential to consult your doctor first.
Here is a short list of the probable causes of this condition: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Irritable bowel syndrome is a typical gastrointestinal tract problem that is marked by abnormal gut contraction. The characteristic symptoms are pain in the abdomen, passage of mucus-coated stools, flatulence, abdominal cramping, and irregular bowel movements with alternating constipation and diarrhea.
- Spleen Irritation Sometimes, discomfort under the left rib cage may be caused due to tear or rupture of the spleen.
- Pain in the extreme ends of the shoulders may also be a sign of spleen rupture.
- Some anti-spasmodic drugs may help to relieve the pain of IBS, as they slow the contractions in the bowel.
- Antidepressants are also known to be effective when it comes to reducing pain (and also diarrhoea).
- Liver Cirrhosis: It is caused when healthy tissues of the liver are replaced by scar tissues.
- Scarring is a gradual non-reversible condition.
- Meckel's Diverticulum: This is a congenital abnormality.
- It is a small bulge at the lower part of the small intestine.
- It can lead to symptoms like abdominal pain, gastrointestinal bleeding, etc
- The medications that are specifically used for treating diarrhea are: Loperamide.
- Bile acid-binding representatives.
Bentonite Clay Contains Only 17 Minerals
This low number is responsible for a greater potential to absorb other molecules. Therefore the absorptive abilities come from the low number of minerals present in it. When the toxin molecules get incorporated in the clay molecules, your body can expel the toxin-filled clay in normal bowel movements. Betntonite clay mask help you get a clean and glowing skin as it helps in the purification of cells under skin. It is commonly used in homemade facials.
Bavolex Irritable Bowel Syndrome ReliefBavolex IBS Relief contains all natural herbal ingredients developed to gently support and calm the digestive tract. Bavolex consists of the best quality active ingredients that have been scientifically developed to work synergistically for the best results. Bavolex's active ingredients have been used safely for hundreds of years to support healthy digestive tract, help reducing irritation from diarrhea and constipation. Decreasing bowel inflammation and supporting healthy digestion has been proven to ease the symptoms associated with Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Click Here to Purchase »
- Gastric Cancer (Stomach cancer): As the name suggests, it takes place when cancerous cells grow in the stomach.
- It is difficult to identify at an early stage as its symptoms are similar to other digestive system diseases.
Pneumothorax Pneumothorax is a condition where the lung ruptures due to a tear in the lung membrane, and air leaks out and fills the cavity between the lungs and the rib cage.
- Hiatal Hernia: It occurs when a part of stomach extends upwards through the diaphragm.
- It is commonly observed in older people.
Lastly, you need to keep in mind that most of the above mentioned causes can be effectively treated if timely treatment is undertaken. Therefore, you should not ignore any type of pain and symptoms. Take care!
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): It is characterized by a wide variety of signs like abdominal pain, abdominal cramps, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, etc
- Treatment: Antibiotics prescribed by a physician can heal the ulcer and help to get relieved of the symptoms.
- Constipation and Indigestion
Produces and Excretes Bile Juice Which Helps in Breaking Down Fat
Bile plays an important role in the digestion of fats. When the liver is damaged and is unable to filter excessive bile from the blood, serious problems might happen. The presence of excess bile in the blood may cause the skin, eyes and nails to look pale. This condition is known as jaundice. It is an indication of liver damage or failure. There may be a number of other signs of liver failure, which we will discuss in the following paragraphs.
- Highly processed foods are rich in salt and low in fiber.
- Not good, for they contribute to the bloated feeling.
- Read the labels, and drop only those canned foods in your cart that clearly read "sodium-free," or "low-sodium content."
- Say no to fizzy beverages.
- Stay with lemon juice, or the old and incredibly faithful hydrant, water.
Treatment: Taking Antacids and Other Drugs to Reduce Stomach Acid can be of Help
Avoiding hot and spicy food is a must. Diverticulitis. Diverticulitis is characterized by small, bulging sacs or pouches of the inner lining of the intestine (diverticulosis) that end up being infected. It generally affects elderly people, about the age of 60. People struggling with it experience bloating, constipation and pain under the lower rib cage.
- Treatment: Avoiding food that triggers indigestion is recommended.
- You can also try leaning on the back of a chair to get rid of the trapped gases.
- Antacid tablets, together with dietary changes, will help in the condition.
Constipation Constipation is a condition that causes hardening of stools, due to which bowel movement ends up being a painful activity. In such circumstances, to push the stools, through the colon requires more effort. Thus eliminating difficult stools can put undue strain on any part of the rib cage. It is observed that people suffering from constipation have to put in a lot of pressure to remove feces and this may cause discomfort on the left or right side of the ribs.
Recently, People Have Started Using the Green Part of the Leaves Also
The outer part of the aloe leaves are crushed, and made into aloe vera juice, or dried and used as a laxative. Aloe vera juice in itself has quite a number of health benefits, which includes relief from digestive problems, constipation, heartburn and irritable bowel syndrome. It is believed to be beneficial in regulating the blood pressure and sugar levels. Aloe vera juice is said to be a potent drink that is useful for strengthening the immune system. Sadly, while raving about the benefits of this fantastic beverage, the adverse effects of this drink have remained unnoticed.
- But alosetron can cause some serious issues, for which it was removed from the market soon after its approval.
- Presently, the FDA has permitted the use of this drug with certain restrictions.
- It can be prescribed by doctors enrolled in a special program.
- They can prescribe the drug for treating severe IBS in women.
- This drug is not approved for use by guys.
- Lubiprostone on the other hand, is usually recommended for men and women having IBS with constipation.
- It is a chloride channel activator that can increase fluid secretion in the small intestine.
- This is not an exhaustive list).
- Appendicitis: It is the inflammation of the appendix.
- It is a serious condition, which needs immediate surgical removal of the appendix.
How to Soothe an Upset Stomach
Nutella Bread Recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eHPkpCGdEY Watch more Digestion & Stomach Problems videos: ...
- This implies that either the nerves or the muscles involved in the intestinal tract activities don't work in ways they should.
- The nerves though go beyond those that are found in the digestive system.
- The spinal chord and the brain themselves are also involved.
So, we see that pain under the left rib cage can be caused due to various factors, from gastric problems to inflammation of cartilage or other major medical conditions. Depending on the cause, the treatment will vary. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you should consult a doctor immediately. A timely diagnosis will help you to exact the cause, get effective treatment and avoid future issues.
- Aloe vera has certain antibiotic properties that help to clean the impurities, as well as soothe the digestive tract lining.
- It eliminates all the wastes, dead skin, and other impurities responsible for constipation.
- The polysaccharides present in aloe, resist the growth of bacteria on the wall of the intestines.
- It is also very rich in fiber content.
- These fibers are capable of detoxifying the colon by eliminating the toxic materials.
- Besides, the vitamins and minerals present in the plant, get rid of the sticky substances clinging to the walls of the intestines.
- Inguinal Hernia: It occurs when a part of the stomach cavity protrudes through the inguinal canal.
- It causes a bulge in the region which can be painful.
- Indigestion: Also known as dyspepsia, it is a condition caused due to trouble in digesting food.
- It is a symptom of several other diseases.
Lactose intolerance is a condition, in which, body is incapable of producing an enzyme called lactase, which is required for the breaking down of lactose. Lactose is a milk sugar, found in all dairy products. When you experience abdominal pain after eating dairy products, then most likely it is because of lactose intolerance.
- Treatment: Proper diet and preventing food that causes indigestion and constipation would help in alleviating the pain.
- High fiber diet is recommended if you are suffering from constipation.
Kidney stones can originate in either of the kidneys and cause discomfort in them. Pain in the left one represents stone in the left kidney. The pain generally starts from the back and spreads to the front.
An Upset Stomach With Diarrhea and Vomiting are Signs of Food Poisoning or Viral Infection
If diarrhea occurs on a regular basis, or persists for a very long time, then it could be related to parasitic infection, irritable bowel syndrome, or spastic colon. When it gives a constant heartburn, it is possibly caused by acid reflux disease.
- Cholestasis: It occurs due to improper bile formation or bile flow.
- Causes consist of alcoholic liver disease, pancreatitis, cancer of pancreas, hepatitis, etc
- Hemorrhoids: It is a condition characterized by inflamed veins in the anal region.
- Hemorrhoids or piles can be internal or external, and can be painful.
Liver Cancer: It is cancer that originates in the liver or spreads from other parts to the liver. It is also known as hepatic cancer. Liver Failure: Liver failure, or hepatic failure, is the damage of liver caused due to hepatitis, cirrhosis, use of certain drugs and medication, etc. It can be acute or chronic.
Some doctors are actually recommending antidepressants and mood-elevating drugs such as Elavil and Prozac, believing that this will be helpful if the patient's flare-ups are emotional driven. The relationship between the brain and the gut are well known and is being studied and may prove to be valid but when you study the potential side effects of these mind-altering drugs, it can be a blessing to have a natural option.
Factors that are believed to play an important role in the development of this condition are, a problem in the brain-gut signal (which manages the functioning of the intestine), gastroenteritis, bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine, sensitivity of the colon to certain food, stress, psychological problems, and changes in the levels of neurotransmitters that transmit nerve signals between the brain and the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. Even hormonal imbalance has been believed to be related to IBS, as this condition is more common in women, and its symptoms often aggravate before or throughout menstruation.
Donnatal Levsin Levbid Pro-Banthine (propantheline) Bentyl Antidepressant medications can also be prescribed, if the client experiences depression together with abdominal pain. These drugs can increase pain tolerance, and treat depression and anxiety experienced by the patients of spastic colon. Two other medications that are specifically used for IBS treatment are, alosetron and lubiprostone. Alosetron is a nerve receptor antagonist that can relax the colon, and slow down the movement of waste through it.
Because of these finding scientists think they may be a link here to colon cancer prevention. As well, prebiotics may help relieve symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease, help control weight, lower cholesterol, balance blood sugar, and speed up waste transit time.
- Treatment: It is important to seek advice from a doctor if you experience such symptoms.
- Medication may help in the condition, but if left untreated for long, it might need surgical intervention.
- Cystic Fibrosis: It is a genetic disorder, affecting the digestive system and lungs.
- When suffering from this disease, the mucus becomes thick and can block airways, tubes, and ducts.
Heartburn or Acid Reflux
Another common but less severe cause of pain under the left rib cage is heartburn or acid reflux. It is often caused when you take in too much acidic food or drinks. It often gives a bloated feeling and a sharp pain that feels like chest ache.
Severe Abdominal Pain and Cramps May Require Anticholinergic Drugs and Dicyclomine
Anticholinergics are antispasmodic medications, that help reduce the level of sensitivity of the colon to stress and certain specific foods. The common antispasmodic agents used for the treatment of IBS are:
Treatment: In case of a mild costochondritis, non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen or aspirin can help. If the condition in chronic or extreme, then opioid drugs like hydrocodone or oxycodone, or antidepressant medication like amitriptyline, may be used. It is recommended to take plentiful of rest and restrain from any stressful activity while recovering from this condition.
Constipation is Identified by Hardening of Stools
As a result, more pressure and effort needs to be put in, to pass stools. It leads to irritating pain in the stomach, more so under the rib cage. Indigestion is also another common reason for the pain. A pain that starts all of a sudden can be linked to indigestion. It is usually preceded by constant burping.
Treatment: this Condition Needs Immediate Medical Intervention
Usually, surgery is the only option. Irritable Bowel Syndrome Irritable bowel syndrome is a common cause of discomfort under the left rib cage. It is caused by overeating or lack of fiber-rich foods, and adequate water in the diet. In this condition, the digestive organs are affected as they are not able to secrete digestive enzymes that help in the breaking down of food into simple substances. It disrupts the regular bowel movement by causing constipation or diarrhea. Other signs of this condition are bloating and cramps in the intestine.
- The term 'poop' refers to the solid waste matter that is eliminated out of the body during bowel evacuation.
- Generally, a healthy bowel movement produces brown colored stools.
- A change in stool color to green indicates that something is wrong with the intestines but can also mean too much usage of certain foodstuffs.
- It is discussed below:
My Only Issue Has Been Finding Recipes that Would Go With My New Programs
A few days ago while googleing the topic I discovered a whole new world, the universe of Paleo Diet, an eating plan that basically eliminates gluten and diary from the picture, just exactly what I was looking for!