Side Effects Of The Drug Zelnorm: Hard Bowel Movements
Hard bowel movements are generally an outcome of a condition called constipation. The majority of you may recognize with this term and it's symptoms. In this condition, the stool becomes difficult, bumpy and dry. When the stool remains in the intestinal system for more than 48 hours, the fluid it consists of is reabsorbed by the body. This triggers it to end up being hard, dry and tough to pass from the body. Irregularity has the tendency to become chronic if not dealt within time, where in extremely severe cases, it may cause discomfort and bleeding while passing stool. Most of the times, all it takes are a few natural home remedy to cure this problem. However, in more severe cases, it is very important to go to a medical professional and understand the origin of the issue. Here, we take a look at the causes, effects and treatment for this issue.
- When the walls of the intestine rupture, it causes all the contents of the intestine to spill out into the abdominal cavity.
- This leak leads to sepsis that may lead to death if not treated as soon as possible.
- This condition is called perforated bowel, or intestinal perforation.
- One ought to be aware of the signs of this condition to be able to seek immediate medical help.
- Symptoms: Severe discomfort is particularly experienced on the right side of the abdominal area as the appendix is located there.
- Other signs like fever, vomiting, loss of appetite, nausea, diarrhea, etc., are likewise observed.
When your bowels are as unpredictable as an active volcano, it can be difficult to get through daily life. There are a lot of issues that can lead to a condition like IBS, but often it is related to a lack of the good bacteria that is simply called probiotic. * IBS victims often have poor digestive health and do not realize it, which can lead to a lot of undesirable symptoms. * While there are OTC products out there, treating the symptoms alone isn't efficient. *.
- Sigmoid Volvulus It is a condition wherein the sigmoid colon twists upon itself and results in obstruction.
- Many a time, this needs to be corrected through medical help.
- Avoid using a straw while having drinks.
- Cut down on the intake of aerated beverages.
- Have smaller, regular meals rather than having heavy meals.
- Avoid consuming food items that are difficult to absorb.
Importance of Colonic Transit Time. When you eat, food passes through various parts of the digestive system slowly. Stomach, pancreas, gallbladder, duodenum, small and large intestines, and rectum are all parts of the digestive system. Numerous acids, enzymes produced by these organs are mixed in the food. The food is broken into small pieces, and is transformed into an easily absorbable substance. The essential nutrients are absorbed by the body while the food travels through these parts.
Refrain from talking while eating or eating food hastily, as that allows air to get in the digestive system.
- Taking rest, using heat or ice pads are some of the home remedies that can help in reducing pain triggered due to small reasons.
- If you are to take any medication or pain reliever, make sure you seek advice from the doctor and only then take it.
- Colonic massage is another very effective strategy to obtain rid of IBS.
- It works wonders in case of baby and children as it eliminates colic pains and helps them to pass gas and stool conveniently.
Diseases of the Digestive System
Acid reflux illness (GERD), hiatal hernia, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), etc., are a few of the most common illness of the digestive system. The popular disease-causing parasites in human are Campylobacter, Salmonella and Helicobacter. The following is a list of digestive system diseases.
- Drinking tea brewed from crushed anise or fennel seeds may prove beneficial.
- You can also drink ginger, chamomile, or peppermint tea.
What Causes IBS?
Exact causes of IBS are yet to be discovered but certain aspects are currently known. And those factors that have the possibility to bring you IBS are mostly the important things you eat or drink. You may want to stir clear of soft drinks, chili foods, dairy manufactures, soda and anything that may upset your stomach. You do not have to stop eating or drinking these things. You just have to reduce your consumption.
- Increase your intake of water and fluids.
- A sedentary lifestyle can make a person susceptible to flatulence, so stay physically active.
- Take a stroll after meals.
Intake of Gas Formation Foods
Those suffering from pot belly, due to excessive intestinal tract gas, have to modify their diet. There are certain foods that can worsen this problem, as they are notorious for producing gas in the stomach. Exemption of these gassy foods from the diet, can surely provide relief from excess gas build up. A few of the gas-producing foods that need to be avoided are cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli.
- Colostomy The surgical procedure that involves connecting a part of the colon onto the anterior wall of the abdomen is called colostomy.
- This is done in case of severe damage to the bowel.
- The function of this surgery is to form an opening called stoma at the end of the big intestine.
- After colostomy, feces leave the patient's body through the abdominal area.
- The colostomy can be either temporary or permanent depending upon the reasons behind this surgery.
- The stoma can be irreversible in case of bowel cancer or serious injury.
- It is temporary in case of bowel infection, stab or wounds, or inflammation.
- Colostomy is required in diseases such as Crohn's disease, bowel cancer, blocked bowel, diverticulitis, or a serious injury to the bowel.
- Large Intestine It is the most affordable part of the intestinal tract.
- Its functions are soaking up water and passing the waste material from the body.
- It begins at the cecum and ends at the rectum.
- Appendicitis can be treated by surgical removal of the appendicitis.
- Treatment of injury, muscle strain, etc., includes use of pain relievers, physical therapy, or perhaps surgery.
- Other parasite symptoms also include the irritable bowel syndrome leads to a host of other ailments.
- Often the irritable bowel syndrome also leads to heavy stools.
- Joint and muscle pains are also common parasite signs.
- The pain is quiet similar to that of arthritis.
- It also leads to tissue damage and sometimes it effects the proper functioning of immune system.
- Other parasite symptoms also lead to loss of blood or anemia to develop within the body.
Getting Rid of Sulfur Burps
Medications Taking Pepto-Bismol tablets can work wonders to cure sulfur burps. The medication assists in soaking up hydrogen sulfide from the colon, which works to reduce the condition. Its ability to take in hydrogen sulfide has made it one of the most sought-after remedy for sulfur burps. One can also use Mylanta, an antacid, to get rid of these bad-smelling burps. Medications, such as Zegerid, Prevacid, and Prilosec, that help to reduce the production of stomach acids, may also help to stop this problem. All these medications are formulated to alleviate symptoms of heartburn and relieve indigestion.
Fatty foods are strictly not recommended for IBS. Fats are difficult to digest, and thus, cause intestinal convulsions and aggravate the discomfort symptoms. Considering this, deep-fried food should be strictly avoided.
Irritable bowel syndrome is common among adults, and is generally a health condition that affects the colon. While it won't usually cause serious or permanent damage, coping with IBS can be painful, annoying, and just plain uneasy for many. When there is an absence of probiotic *, IBS flares up, leading to symptoms like:
Other symptoms include nausea and intense vomiting. The sensation of nausea is really, and it leads to vomiting. Abnormal bowel movements also show the perforated colon. One may experience intermittent episodes of diarrhea followed by constipation. Couple of may even develop dark, tarry stools.
What you need, are seeds! Chia Seeds, to be exact. These seeds are loaded with soluble & insoluble fiber. In fact, it is their special type of fiber that permits the seeds to form a bead of gel on their outside when exposed to liquid. The fibers trap more than THREE times the weight of the seed in water, and hold it close to the outside. What does this mean for you? Easier digestion! The liquid clings to the seed, and is removed gradually throughout the digestive process. This keeps the colon hydrated, so it's easy to move food. Insoluble fiber is found in the seed's external coating. It's this type of fiber that isn't digested by the body and is sometimes called 'roughage'. It acts like a 'sweeper' moving things along in the intestinal tract and avoiding constipation.
- For more information on probiotics diarrhea, constipation, and IBS, rely on David Nash.
- He composes articles on the very best probiotic reviews, natural solutions, and explores lactobacillus acidophilus to help consumers remain informed.
Excessive consumption of cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, eggs, red meat, beans, legumes, potatoes, corn, onions, peas, etc., must be avoided. These food items are hard to digest, and are most likely to cause gas.
Small Intestine It is the longest part of the alimentary canal which assists in the food digestion of food and the absorption of nutrients.
When it comes to curing common ailments, we run helter-skelter to look for over the counter medication. Very few of us in fact go for natural solutions that are undoubtedly more reliable and supply immediate relief. Talking about natural solutions to some common diseases and one simply can not forget to mention about peppermint oil pills. The essential oil is extracted from the plant and when taken in supplemental form may help to treat a wide range of medical problems, as found out through preliminary studies.
It's time for a change, and it's time for YOU to take control of your digestive health. However, in order for you to be fully in charge, you have to understand the facts. When you're armed with what's really going on, it makes it a lot easier to reveal the simple change you can do to prevent this painful problem. First, these intestinal changes do not develop over night. Due to dietary habits, the problem takes a while to form, and then be noticed by the affected person. Diverticulum are small pockets in the intestine wall which establish when the intestine has to work too hard to move food through it. The great stress causes these harmful pockets to form. They can become infected, sore, or even break open and damage your health.
Reduce consumption of high-protein foods, and focus more on eating fresh high-fiber foods. These simple dietary changes can help to reduce production of hydrogen sulfide, in turn minimizing the rotten egg odor from your burps. Sugary products, like pastries, cakes, and chocolates, ought to also be prevented to prevent bouts of sulfur burps.
- Tortuous Sigmoid Colon Also known as redundant colon, here, the colon is longer than it is supposed to be.
- Sometimes, due to the bigger size, the sigmoid colon tends to twist and triggers blockages resulting in pain.
- Maintain a food diary, and make a note of food products that you feel cause excessive gas.
- Cut down on the intake of these food products.
According to ayurveda not to sleep at noon and making late nights are strictly prohibited. The patient is asked not to watch TV for a prolonged time. They need to take light workout daily and all negative thoughts must be driven away from the mind. Light yogic workouts and relaxation techniques need to be followed.
- Include natural probiotics in your diet.
- Probiotic supplements can also be taken to bring back the microbial balance of the intestinal tract.
Medicines If you are frequently taking sulfur-containing medicines or sulfa drugs that are commonly used as antibiotics, then there is a higher chance of you dealing with sulfur burps. When you buy any medication, analyze the prescription label correctly. In case you notice the word 'sulfur' in any of the active ingredients, taking that medication can certainly give you those bad-smelling burps.
Cocaine: Narcos, Sicarios and Peru (Part 1)
Pablo Escobar was the mastermind of drug trafficking and narco terrorism in Colombia during the 1980s. He transformed the city of Medellin into the cocaine ...
Apart from these, spondylolysis, aging, obesity, muscle sprain, irritable bowel syndrome, pancreatitis, and nerve damage are some of the other possible causes. Excess or incorrect exercise patterns can also cause pain in the back in adults and children.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is characterized by lower abdominal pain, diarrhea or irregularity, abdominal pain. Factors like stress and poor diet can exacerbate the condition. This condition is commonly seen in teenagers, but is not limited to that age.
A low-fat diet is often recommended to control IBS. As fried foods are high in saturated fats, they can not be included in low-fat diet. Be it french fries, potato chips or fried chicken, they are loaded with saturated fats, hence can aggravate IBS.
You have been experiencing bloating and gas pain, it would be best to make certain lifestyle changes. Cut down on the intake of gas-producing food items, and remain physically active. Considering that gas pain is triggered when gas remains trapped in the digestive tract, exercising regularly will help ease the passage of gas, thereby providing relief. Though taking over-the-counter drugs might help to some extent, it would be best to consult a doctor if the pain persists.
Sigmoid Colon Cancer.
Many a time, pain may be a result of the already developing colon cancer. This happens when cancerous tumors form in the area, which do not penetrate in the colon's mucosal layer. However, as the cancer develops to its next phase, the tumors start to penetrate in the colon's mucosal wall and spread further to the lymph nodes around the sigmoid colon.
Damion is a leading curator at 816babi.com, a blog about alternative health news. Previously, Damion worked as a advertising guru at a well-known high tech company. When he's not researching new articles, Damion loves painting and fishing.