Ibs Recipes: Stool Softener Home Remedies
Irregularity is a condition that is characterized by difficult evacuation of the bowel due to hardening of stool. It is a common illness that causes a host of distressing symptoms such as irregular bowel movements, bloating, abdominal pain, feeling of incomplete evacuation of the bowel, etc. Because the fecal matter becomes very hard and dry, the lining of the rectum and rectum may get damaged during bowel movement, thus resulting in discomfort, bleeding, or hemorrhoids.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is defined by lower abdominal pain, diarrhea or irregularity, abdominal discomfort. Factors like stress and poor diet can exacerbate the condition. This condition is commonly seen in teenagers, but is not limited to that age group.
Nervous stomach can be really stressful when a person has an important event coming up like an interview, a discussion, or a business meeting. To control nervousness and associated stomach ache in such instances, one can use the tips pointed out below so that the problem can be dealt with in a better way. Tension, anxiety and depression definitely contribute to a nervous stomach ache. In most cases, the stomach ache is temporary, however, when it takes up a chronic form, it is time to go to a doctor.
Difference Between Probiotics and Prebiotics While probiotics have been in use for quite a very long time, prebiotics are a recent addition in the market that work to the health and well-being of an individual. Incidentally, many people do not know the exact difference between the two and might assume one for the other.
- Ways to Consume.
- Take tsp. rhubarb root cast 3 times a day.
- You can also add 1 tbsp. of the herb to 2 cups of water and drink the extract followed by another glass of water.
Prebiotics on the other hand are carbs of the type 'fructo-oligosaccharides'. These are essentially brief chained sugar molecules, which contain fructose. Prebiotics are indigestible fibers which provide nutrition to probiotics. As these sugar molecules can not be broken down, they are directly carried to the bowels, where probiotics can feed on them. Asparagus, garlic, onions, berries, bananas, tomatoes, spinach, kale, chard, mustard greens, lentils, whole grains, oats, barley and wheat are some prebiotic sources.
- Stomach pain is caused due to small conditions, it can be treated with pain killers or by taking rest.
- However, it is recommended not to take any medication without prescription.
It is a type of purgative herb that can provide relief from irregularity. It is considered as the safest amongst all purgative herbs, because other herbs of this category cause forceful elimination of the wastes from the body, aggravating the lining of intestines. These herbs should not be used on a daily basis.
- Appendicitis can be dealt with by surgical removal of the appendicitis.
- Treatment of injury, muscle strain, etc., includes use of pain relievers, physical therapy, or perhaps surgery.
- Barley Barley is also promoted as a good laxative.
- It contains 6 grams of fiber, out of which 1.5 grams are soluble fibers and the remaining 4.5 grams are insoluble.
- The insoluble fiber soften the stool, making it more large, thereby helping it move easily through the digestive tract.
Significance of Colonic Transit Time. When you eat, food passes through various parts of the digestive system slowly. Stomach, pancreas, gallbladder, duodenum, small and large intestines, and rectum are all parts of the digestive system. Numerous acids, enzymes produced by these organs are mixed in the food. The food is broken into small pieces, and is converted into an easily absorbable substance. The essential nutrients are absorbed by the body while the food goes through these parts.
Low FODMAP Recipes - Potato Salad Lunch - Recipes by Warren Nash
If you're suffering from IBS like symptoms, you could benefit from following a low FODMAP diet. Start your search for low FODMAP recipes here and try my easy ...
- Ways to Consume.
- Mix the seeds in 8 ounces of water.
- Have a glass of water after consuming the mixture.
When your bowels are as unpredictable as an active volcano, it can be difficult to get through life. There are a lot of issues that can lead to a condition like IBS, but often it is related to a lack of the good bacteria that is simply called probiotic. * IBS sufferers often have poor digestive health and do not realize it, which can lead to a lot of unpleasant symptoms. * While there are OTC products out there, dealing with the symptoms alone isn't effective. *.
Exactly What Causes IBS?
Exact causes of IBS are yet to be discovered but certain aspects are already known. And those factors that have the possibility to bring you IBS are mostly the important things you eat or drink. You may want to stir clear of carbonated drinks, chili foods, dairy manufactures, soda and anything that might upset your stomach. You do not have to stop eating or drinking these things. You just have to lessen your intake.
- Appendicitis Appendix is a 3.5 inch long tube extending from the large intestine.
- An inflamed appendix can also be responsible for causing a sharp abdominal pain.
- Pain or discomfort may develop due to a blockage in the appendix.
- In the initial stages, the pain is experienced around the belly button, but this may spread to the right lower abdomen.
- Pain could also be accompanied by other signs such as nausea, vomiting or fever.
- If left untreated, inflamed appendix may break and the contents may spill over into the abdominal cavity.
- This might lead to inflammation in the lining of the stomach cavity.
Medications In case the individual is having green vegetables in moderate amounts and also is not suffering from intestinal problems then green poop may be because of intake of medicines like antibiotics.
- Gas-producing Food There are certain foods, which are known for triggering gas trouble, which in turn lead to a bloated stomach.
- Foods, such as beans, beans, cabbage, etc. feature in this category.
- Pain During the first couple of days after the surgery, patients will face significant amounts of pain and abdominal pain.
- This is because the organs have been moved internally during the surgery to eliminate the gallbladder.
- The CO2 gas is also responsible for the pain felt in the right shoulder and right side of the abdomen.
- However, this pain subsides within a week or so.
- If an open surgery was carried out, the injury will take few weeks to heal.
- Laughing, coughing, sneezing, etc. put pressure on the stitches and become agonizing.
- For laparoscopy, pain will be felt around the entry points, which must alleviate in a couple of days.
- Painkillers are prescribed to minimize the pain, however, some pain relievers again have associated negative effects.
- Treatment As discussed above, there can be several severe causes of pelvic pain on right side.
- But, one should bear in mind that all these causes can be effectively treated.
- Treatment of ectopic pregnancy depends on the location of the egg and also the condition of the woman.
- Laparoscopy and surgical treatment are two major treatment methods used to treat ectopic pregnancy.
- Treatment of chronic bacterial prostatitis depends on its seriousness.
- However, antibiotics are the only effective ways of treating it.
- Irregularity Constipation is a health condition where a person has a trouble in having regular bowel movement.
- It can be chronic or acute, and can occur due to various factors.
- Abdominal pain are bloating are the common symptoms of constipation.
- Fecal Occult Blood Test: This is one test that is used when blood in feces is not visible to the naked eye.
- In such a case, unusual color may not be seen, due to existence of small amount of blood in stool.
- This test is the most reliable way to confirm blood in feces.
- In order to diagnose the underlying cause, numerous blood tests are performed.
- This is a low-cost, non invasive procedure that offers details about the precise quantity of blood in stool sample.
- An easy manner in which to perform fecal occult blood test is provided below:
- As you can see, intestinal cramps might signal some serious underlying health issues that need to be addressed.
- So look for medical help for a proper diagnosis and treatment, to prevent further complications.
- Eating foods that are not cooked effectively or prepared in unsanitary conditions can cause food poisoning.
- Having contaminated food makes a person fall sick and the illness may give rise to green bowel movement.
In this condition, the intestine is not in a position to work effectively and the reasons are plenty, varying from presence of ulcers to the swelling of the lining of the intestinal tract. Although there are different types of intestinal disorders, the common symptoms associated with poor intestinal function are abdominal pain, frequent or irregular bowel movement, and bad appetite. Some of the common gastrointestinal disorders that can cause green defecation are given below: Food Poisoning.
Digestive Parasitic Infections: Another quite common cause is amoebiasis. This is an infectious disease that affects the large intestine, and is mostly contracted when somebody eats or drinks contaminated food or water, containing Entamoeba histolytica, an intestinal parasite. In this disease, the amoeba attach themselves to the large intestine, and cause serious symptoms like bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramps, stomach pain, loss of appetite, nausea, and fever. In the initial phases there are mostly no symptoms, but if the person's immunity is low, or if the number of amoeba all of a sudden increase, then the symptoms end up being visible. This condition is contagious, as the stool that is passed contains the parasites, thus, it can contaminate the water that it comes in contact with, and spread. Another example of an intestinal parasite is giardiasis, where the causative agent for the condition is a parasite called Giardia lamblia.
Licorice Root Side Effects Licorice plant (Glycyrrhiza glabra) is a legume, and its roots have a sweet flavor. The roots contain compounds, like anethole and glycyrrhizic acid, that are responsible for the sweetness and other properties of this herb. Licorice was used by the...
Using senna is not recommended for children below 12 years of age. People with chronic gastrointestinal problems like Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, hemorrhoids, or appendicitis should not use it. If you have a medical history of allergies, consult your doctor before taking it. Also, this herb could connect with drugs such as birth control pills, digoxin, estrogens, warfarin, water pills, etc., or herbs such as horsetail, licorice, and other stimulant laxative herbs. So, do inform your doctor or herbal specialist about preexisting medical conditions or other drugs that you are taking currently.
- Taking rest, using heat or ice pads are a few of the home remedies that can help in reducing pain triggered due to minor reasons.
- If you are to take any medication or pain reliever, make sure you speak with the doctor and only then take it.
Choledocholithiasis The presence of one or more gallstones in the common bile duct (the duct into which the cystic duct releases bile) is referred to as choledocholithiasis. Such a condition may block bile and the stagnant bile may cause cholangitis (inflammation of the bile duct).
Ways to Consume
Swallow 1 tbsp. whole seeds, followed by 2 cups of water. Or, mix 1 tablespoon. ground flaxseeds with 2 cups of water and drink. Drink plenty of water at regular intervals for better results. If you want to use flaxseed oil for relieving constipation, mix 1 tbsp. flaxseed oil with low-fat yogurt. You can include tsp. honey for a better taste. Take this mixture 1 hour before bedtime for better results.
- Symptoms of constipation can be relieved with laxatives, having a high-fiber diet plan, hydration, etc.
- Medication and making changes in lifestyle and diet plan can help in treating diverticulitis and irritable bowel syndrome.
Aloe Vera Juice
An effective home remedy for softening stool is consuming aloe vera juice. According to medical research, aloe vera juice contains anthraquinone glycosides, which are active components of the majority of laxatives.
An obstruction in the intestines due to factors like volvulus, hernia, Crohn's disease or also due to any adhesion or injury can lead to bowel obstruction. Apart from pain in the abdomen, muscle cramping and throwing up are the other symptoms.
Bloating and Gas
Diarrhea Constipation Stomach cramps or pain Mucous in stool Not everyone will experience all of the symptoms noted here, and you might only experience one or two of these symptoms. It's still important to talk to your doctor to determine what's happening with IBS symptoms and how you can get relief. * IBS symptoms aren't necessarily dangerous and this condition seldom causes permanent damage, but the simple inconvenience and discomfort of symptoms are enough to warrant seeking medical help or planning to natural remedies for relief. *.
- People affected by this condition might experience right abdominal discomfort, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, flatulence, etc.
- These symptoms could be triggered by consumption of a fatty meal.
Mineral oil is often considered as one of the most effective treatments for temporary treatment of constipation. After mineral oil gets in the body, it lubricates the stool and helps in smooth waste excretion without inflaming the rectum and anus.
Eating too Fast and/or Overeating Due to a busy lifestyle, many a time, people do not have the time to eat in leisure. Eating too fast must be avoided as it can cause a bloated stomach. At times, we skip our meals, and when we do eat, we have the tendency to overeat. This burdens the digestive system causing a bloated feeling in the stomach.
Sigmoid Colon Cancer.
Many a time, pain may be a result of the already developing colon cancer. This occurs when cancerous tumors form in the area, which do not penetrate in the colon's mucosal layer. However, as the cancer develops to its next stage, the tumors start to penetrate in the colon's mucosal wall and spread further to the lymph nodes around the sigmoid colon.
The term 'acalculous cholecystopathy' describes gallbladder diseases which are not associated with gallstones. Biliary dyskinesia is a motility disorder which is characterized by abnormal gallbladder emptying. This occurs when the gallbladder is not able to contract properly. Gallbladder function could also get adversely affected if the sphincter of Oddi, which is the valve through which bile flows towards the small intestine, does not function properly.
Need a simple, non-invasive breath tests to find out whether you have fructose, lactose and sorbitol malabsorption and small intestine bacterial overgrowth? Take the test from Stream Diagnostics, Australia's leading provider of hydrogen/methane breath tests.
Irritable bowel syndrome is common among adults, and is generally a health condition that affects the colon. While it will not usually cause serious or permanent damage, coping with IBS can be painful, annoying, and just plain uncomfortable for most. When there is an absence of probiotic *, IBS flares up, leading to symptoms like:
- For dealing with discomfort in stomach caused due to diarrhea, following the BRAT diet plan for diarrhea is very necessary.
- A person suffering from diarrhea should eat BRAT foods, i.e. bananas, rice, applesauce and toast.
- Besides that, for diarrhea and indigestion, properly cooked vegetables having high fluid content should be carried out.
- Pain in the lower quadrant of the abdominal area can be caused due to numerous factors.
- In most of the cases, it is caused due to an injury or a disorder in any of the vital organs situated in the abdomen.
- Nevertheless, there can also be other underlying causes.
- Green Bile As all of us know, the liver produces a green colored digestive juice known as the bile.
- The production of bile is necessary to make sure proper digestion of food.
- It is a known fact that stool formation takes place in the big intestine.
- When the bile enters the large intestine, it eventually turns yellowish brown and after that mixes with the stool.
- This is the reason why stool appears brown in color.
- However, if the bile and the stool formed move quickly out of the large intestinal tract, it is unlikely that the bile will become yellow.
- So, with the bile color remaining the same (green), the excrement also appears greenish-yellow throughout bowel movement.
- Extreme Iron Too much iron in the diet can also lead to green defecation.
- This side effect related to the color of the stool is often observed in patients placed on iron supplements.
Our human body is a host to huge selection of microorganisms. Some of these organisms may trigger harm to your body, while others actually benefit you in many ways. Probiotic bacteria are a species of beneficial bacteria which reside in the human gut and assist in digestion function, amongst other functions. These bacteria are naturally present in the intestinal tract and thrive thereby competing with 1000 other bacterial species. Sometimes, the population of these bacteria diminishes owing to some reason. During such times, prebiotics can help in restoring probiotic bacteria.
- Flaxseed Flaxseeds include omega-3 fatty acids.
- It attracts water in the bowel and breaks down the tough stools, making it easier to excrete them.
- It is extremely important to drink a sufficient amount of water for this remedy to work.
- It is always better to use seeds rather of flaxseed oil because the seeds add necessary bulk to the stools, thereby facilitating passage of stools.
- Grinding the seeds before consumption will be more effective as powdered form includes more fiber than the seeds.
- Valuable Remedies Worried stomach ache can be managed with medication and certain way of life changes.
- Managing a Nervous Stomach
- Usually, foods that are low in fiber cause irregularity.
- Therefore, it is important to ensure that you avoid foods that are low in fiber.
- Cut down on the intake of the following food items:In addition to the aforementioned remedial measures, you should also follow self-care tips.
- Fix a particular time for bowel movement every day to minimize the risk of passing solidified stool.
- Follow the right lifestyle choices.
- Exercise regularly and refrain from the consumption of junk food items.