Relief From Ibs Symptoms: Stabbing Pain in Stomach
The term 'abdominal pain' is often used for referring to the pain felt in the stomach area. The intensity of the pain could range from mild to severe. Pain could be felt for a brief period or may even be constant or long-lasting. The pain could be dull, sharp, gnawing or stabbing in nature. Though a moderate stomach pains that may often be felt due to indigestion is not really a cause of major concern, agonizing stomach pain that appear from time to time might be a sign of a serious health problem.
Causes and Symptoms of IBS
Causes Despite all the research carried out, the reasons for IBS or spastic colon are not well-understood. Researchers are of the opinion that a range of factors can trigger this condition. In IBS, the contractions of the intestinal muscles can be much more powerful, and they can last longer than usual, which in turn can trigger food to move through the intestinal tract much faster. This can cause gas, bloating, and diarrhea. The opposite can also occur, and food can remain in the intestine for a very long time. As a result, the stool can become tough and difficult to pass.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Begone! Information on this undesirable disease you will get on this page. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a complex illness triggered by a condition of the gastrointestinal system. Really Irritable Bowel Syndrome does not trigger more major illness such as inflammatory bowel illness or cancer. For every client it is a quite possible task to relief symptoms of this disease. In truth Irritable Bowel Syndrome is a typical illness. Though the symptoms normally in many patients are so poorly revealed, that practically all of them have never ever sought advice from a doctor for suggestions and have not been treated. Irritable Bowel Syndrome is a rather unpleasant and complex illness though not really harmful when compared with cancer as an example, as it does not trigger excellent problems, and does not affect numerous organs however nevertheless needs treatment and medical control.
Both bile and lipase work together to break down fats, so that the end product can be transported through blood and lymph, where fats are otherwise not soluble. But, a deficiency of this enzyme can impair the process of fat metabolism. Lipase supplements are usually made from animal enzymes, though plant enzymes are also being used for this purpose. These supplements are usually taken with some other pancreatic enzymes, like protease and amylase.
Factors that are believed to play an important role in the development of this condition are, a problem in the brain-gut signal (which manages the functioning of the intestine), gastroenteritis, bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine, sensitivity of the colon to certain food, stress, mental problems, and changes in the levels of neurotransmitters that transfer nerve signals in between the brain and the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. Even hormone imbalance has been thought to be related to IBS, as this condition is more common in women, and its symptoms typically aggravate before or throughout menstruation.
- This is not an exhaustive list).
- Appendicitis: It is the inflammation of the appendix.
- It is a serious condition, which needs immediate surgical removal of the appendix.
Heartburn or Acid Reflux
Another common but less severe cause of pain under the left rib cage is heartburn or acid reflux. It is often caused when you take in too much acidic food or drinks. It often gives a bloated feeling and a sharp pain that seems like chest pains.
- Cholestasis: It occurs due to improper bile formation or bile flow.
- Causes consist of alcoholic liver disease, pancreatitis, cancer of pancreas, hepatitis, etc
- Hemorrhoids: It is a condition characterized by inflamed veins in the anal region.
- Hemorrhoids or piles can be internal or external, and can be painful.
- Indigestion: Also known as dyspepsia, it is a condition caused due to trouble in digesting food.
- It is a symptom of numerous other diseases.
Severe Abdominal Pain and Cramps May Require Anticholinergic Drugs and Dicyclomine
Anticholinergics are antispasmodic medications, that help reduce the level of sensitivity of the colon to stress and certain specific foods. The common antispasmodic agents used for the treatment of IBS are:
There are Certain Parasite Such as Protozoa Which Often Leads to Diarrhoea
There is generally a loss of salt and chloride loss which results in diarrhoea. The diarrhea leads to infection in the body. Some parasites also have the tendency to thrive in the upper small intestine which also leads to gas and bloating. The problem becomes more acute when things which are difficult o digest are being taken. This kind of acute gastrointestinal problems can sometime take place for a number of months.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): It is characterized by a wide variety of signs like abdominal pain, abdominal cramps, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, etc
Kidney stones can originate in either of the kidneys and cause discomfort in them. Pain in the left one signifies stone in the left kidney. The pain usually starts from the back and spreads to the front.
- Spleen Irritation Sometimes, discomfort under the left rib cage may be caused due to tear or rupture of the spleen.
- Discomfort in the extreme ends of the shoulders may also be a sign of spleen rupture.
Stomach Problems: Stomach disorders such as formation of ulcers in the lining of the stomach or indigestion problems like heartburn can bring about continuous gurgling sounds in the stomach. People diagnosed with intestinal tract disorders like irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) may also complain about constant noises in the stomach. In IBS, the motion of colon is not normal. The colon shows spasmodic activity (repeated contraction of muscles). The bowel spasms give a sensation of something shaking in the stomach. People with IBS also suffer from diarrhea, bloating and excessive flatulence.
To be assured of its symptoms, it takes place differently with the different personalities. It depends from person to person. It can negatively be a lifelong condition causing some people to lose their potential of working, taking a trip, performing any social work and involving in any other activates. Nevertheless, its main signs are the fullness, gas, blotting and abdominal pain etc. that will go for three days or numerous months. The people suffering from IBS can alternatively switch to diarrhea and irregularities.
People, suffering from diarrhea, face frequent loose, watery stools and one who suffers from constipation will have a hard time passing stool, as well as fewer defecation. They can not discharge any stool or just a small amount. On the consultation of your physician for the treatment of IBS, the doctors may check on the basis of the signs you explain to him or the pathological test or no test. Specifically there is no any particular test for checking the IBS and ultimately if doctor ask you for blood test, it is nothing but just to make it clear if you have celiac disease or a low blood count (anemia) or stool test to be guaranteed about the infections.
- You have been suffering from recurring bouts of stomach pain, you must look for medical help soon.
- If the underlying condition is diagnosed in the early stages, it can be easily treated with the aid of drug treatment and way of life modifications.
- Liver Cirrhosis: It is caused when healthy tissues of the liver are replaced by scar tissues.
- Scarring is a gradual non-reversible condition.
Natural IBS Relief - All-Natural Relief for Irritable Bowel SyndromeBavolex IBS Relief is formulated with botanical ingredients created to gently support and soothe the digestive system. Bavolex contains only the best quality active ingredients that have been clinically developed to work for optimum results. Bavolex's ingredients have been used safely for many years to support healthy digestive tract, help reducing irritation from diarrhea and constipation. Minimizing bowel inflammation and supporting healthy digestion has been proven to relieve the symptoms associated with Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Click Here to Read More »
Dietary ModificationsPeople with spastic colon are often required to make some dietary changes to manage this condition. In general, it has been observed that the inclusion of more fiber-rich foods in the diet can help reduce the frequency of IBS attacks. Though the foods that activate IBS can be different for different individuals, patients of IBS are usually advised to limit the consumption of those foods that can stimulate the intestinal tract. Some such foods are:
Recently, People Have Started Using the Green Part of the Leaves as Well
The outer part of the aloe leaves are crushed, and made into aloe vera juice, or dried and used as a laxative. Aloe vera juice in itself has quite a number of health benefits, which includes relief from digestive problems, constipation, heartburn and irritable bowel syndrome. It is thought to be beneficial in regulating the high blood pressure and sugar levels. Aloe vera juice is said to be a potent beverage that is useful for strengthening the immune system. Sadly, while raving about the advantages of this incredible beverage, the adverse effects of this drink have stayed unnoticed.
Prebiotics Means More Fiber
Besides the emotional connection to possibly being linked to particular symptoms, the modern low fiber, high processed food diet most of us take in certainly is responsible for lots of people developing IBS. We simply can not deny our system from dietary fiber and expect everything to function normally.
Bentonite Clay Contains Only 17 Minerals
This low number is responsible for a greater potential to absorb other molecules. Thus the absorptive abilities originate from the low number of minerals present in it. When the toxic substance molecules get included in the clay molecules, your body can expel the toxin-filled clay in normal defecation. Betntonite clay mask help you get a clean and glowing skin as it helps in the purification of cells under skin. It is commonly used in homemade facials.
- Treatment: Antibiotics prescribed by a physician can heal the ulcer and help to get relieved of the symptoms.
- Constipation and Indigestion
So, we see that pain under the left rib cage can be caused due to various factors, from gastric problems to inflammation of cartilage or other serious medical conditions. Depending on the cause, the treatment will differ. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you must seek advice from a doctor immediately. A timely diagnosis will help you to exact the cause, get effective treatment and prevent future problems.
Lipases are also produced by the stomach and the liver, and they are known as gastric lipase and hepatic lipase respectively. Apart from these, some related enzymes can be found in the body, such as lipoprotein lipase and endothelial lipase. A deficiency of lipase in the digestive tract can adversely affect the digestion of fats or lipids. People with some underlying health conditions, such as Crohn's disease, celiac disease, and cystic fibrosis are more likely to suffer from a shortage of this enzyme.
- Inguinal Hernia: It occurs when a part of the stomach cavity protrudes through the inguinal canal.
- It causes a bulge in the region which can be painful.
- But alosetron can cause some serious issues, for which it was removed from the market soon after its approval.
- Presently, the FDA has permitted the use of this drug with certain restrictions.
- It can be prescribed by doctors enrolled in a special program.
- They can recommend the drug for dealing with severe IBS in females.
- This drug is not approved for use by guys.
- Lubiprostone on the other hand, is usually recommended for men and women having IBS with constipation.
- It is a chloride channel activator that can increase fluid secretion in the small intestine.
Reasons for Discomfort Under the Left Rib
Injured/cracked or Fractured Rib Cracked or fractured rib caused by accidents or severe blow/impact in that area, is one of the major reasons for pain under the left rib cage. It causes excruciating pain that aggravates with deep breathing. Such a serious injury needs immediate medical intervention. If you are experiencing such pain, it is always smart to get an x-ray done to determine the state.
- Gastric Cancer (Stomach cancer): As the name suggests, it takes place when cancerous cells grow in the stomach.
- It is difficult to identify at an early stage as its symptoms are similar to other digestive system diseases.
- Alcoholic Liver Disease: As the name suggests, it is caused due to excess consumption of alcohol.
- The different types of alcoholic liver disease are alcoholic cirrhosis, alcoholic fatty liver disease, and alcoholic hepatitis.
- Treatment: If diagnosed with a serious cracked or broken rib, it is suggested to consult a doctor immediately and get a surgical treatment scheduled.
- You must also get a CT or MRI scan done to rule out any nerve damage.
- If the crack is small, it usually heals on its own in a month or two.
- You can use pain killers to relieve the pain.
- In any case, it is essential to consult your doctor first.
An upset stomach with diarrhea and vomiting are signs of food poisoning or viral infection. If diarrhea occurs on a regular basis, or persists for a long time, then it could be related to parasitic infection, irritable bowel syndrome, or spastic colon. When it gives a consistent heartburn, it is possibly triggered by acid reflux disease.
Pneumothorax Pneumothorax is a condition where the lung ruptures due to a tear in the lung membrane, and air leaks out and fills the cavity between the lungs and the rib cage.
Colitis: It is the Inflammation of the Colon
It can be intense or chronic. Constipation: It is a condition where a person has a difficulty in passing stools as they are hard and dry. Irregularity is also characterized by passing stools less than three times a week.
- Treatment: Avoiding food that triggers indigestion is advisable.
- You can also try leaning on the back of a chair to get rid of the trapped gases.
- Antacid tablets, along with dietary changes, will assist in the condition.
Treatment: Taking Antacids and Other Drugs to Reduce Stomach Acid can be of Help
Avoiding hot and spicy food is a must. Diverticulitis. Diverticulitis is characterized by small, bulging sacs or pouches of the inner lining of the intestine (diverticulosis) that end up being infected. It generally affects elderly people, about the age of 60. People suffering from it experience bloating, constipation and pain under the lower rib cage.
Here is a short list of the probable causes of this condition: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Irritable bowel syndrome is a typical gastrointestinal tract problem that is marked by abnormal gut contraction. The characteristic symptoms are pain in the abdominal area, passage of mucus-coated stools, flatulence, stomach cramping, and irregular bowel movements with alternating constipation and diarrhea.
Spastic colon is the another name of irritable bowel syndrome, which is a gastrointestinal disorder. The term spastic colon means an increase in the spontaneous contractions of the muscles of the large intestine, or their spasms. However, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can also trigger a decrease in the contractions of the large intestinal muscles. IBS is generally classified as a practical gastrointestinal disorder, as it is connected with how the intestinal tract works, and not with any kind of damage to the intestinal tissues.
- Rice Boil one cup rice in two cups of water.
- Sprinkle a bit of peppermint, and consume this rice to relieve yourself from bloating and other symptoms.
- This simple homemade remedy will work if the condition is not very extreme or severe.
Liver Cancer: It is cancer that originates in the liver or spreads from other parts to the liver. It is also known as hepatic cancer. Liver Failure: Liver failure, or hepatic failure, is the damage of liver caused due to hepatitis, cirrhosis, use of certain drugs and medication, etc. It can be acute or chronic.
- Treatment: Proper diet and preventing food that causes indigestion and constipation would help in relieving the pain.
- High fiber diet is recommended if you are suffering from constipation.
- Cystic Fibrosis: It is a genetic disorder, affecting the digestive system and lungs.
- When suffering from this disease, the mucus becomes thick and can block airways, tubes, and ducts.
Benefits. Bentonite clay, when put in a liquid colloidal-gel state, works great for diarrhea, viral infections, food allergies, spastic colitis, food poisoning, abdominal cramps, depression, nausea, anorexia, etc. When taken internally, it promotes detoxification of the intestinal tract canal by removing all the toxins and waste from your body. It is used to treat constipation, bloating and gas. It also promotes beneficial bacterial balance in the digestive system, and helps enhance immune system by way of liver detoxification and colon clean. Numerous other industrial advantages of the clay add to its value.
Sacramento mothers of Middle Eastern and similar Mediterranean area descent have for generations cared for colic by feeding their children a kind of probiotic called infantis (understood commercially in the USA as bifantis). Now, looks into have shown how the probiotic works. It's familiar to a lot of Middle Eastern mamas to put a drop of Binfantis, which some mothers call 'infantis' on the tip of their pinky and touched the idea of the baby's tongue with the probiotic if their child has colic. And it seems to work to calm the colic and quiet the infant. However what is in 'infantis' that actually silences colic in infants that would sob for hours with colic?
- Meckel's Diverticulum: This is a congenital abnormality.
- It is a small bulge at the lower part of the small intestine.
- It can lead to symptoms like abdominal pain, gastrointestinal bleeding, etc
Medications like opioids and certain cholesterol-lowering representatives, anti-hypertensives, anti-Parkinson's agents, antidepressants and anti-anxiety medications, duodenal ulcer medication and over-the-counter items such as iron supplements might all trigger constipation.
- Jaundice: It is caused due to excessive building up of bilirubin in blood.
- It is easily identified as the skin turns visibly yellowish.
- Liver Abscesses: It is development of pus in the liver.
- It can be a potentially life-threatening condition.
- Oatmeal Another efficacious natural solution is the consumption of plain oatmeal.
- It definitely helps in relieving the problem if taken in on a regular basis.
- The medications that are specifically used for treating diarrhea are: Loperamide.
- Bile acid-binding representatives.
- Treatment: It is important to seek advice from a doctor if you experience such symptoms.
- Medication may help in the condition, but if left untreated for long, it might need surgical intervention.
The high iron content in these supplements is the reason why stool appears greenish in color. Although, iron requirements rise due to increased amount of blood during pregnancy, there is a possibility that some amount of supplemental iron might not get absorbed. This malabsorption of iron prompts the body to eliminate iron salts throughout defecation. As a result, the stools get an unusual color that is seen in shades of green.
Home Remedies for IBS Irritable Bowel Syndrome
IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome) is an inflmmatory disease of intestines. The symptoms are Abdominal pain or cramping, Bloating, Gas, and Diarrhea. There are ...
- Treatment: This condition can be treated by medications like Lansoprazole, Esomeprazole or Dexlansoprazole.
- It is also smart to avoid food that causes heartburn or acid reflux.
Milk of magnesia. Bisacodyl. Senokot. The long-term use of laxatives is however not recommended, as they can cause dependence, or loss of normal bowel function.
Constipation is Identified by Hardening of Stools
As a result, more pressure and effort needs to be put in, to pass stools. It leads to irritating pain in the stomach, more so under the rib cage. Indigestion is also another common reason for the pain. A pain that starts suddenly can be linked to indigestion. It is generally preceded by constant burping.
Donnatal Levsin Levbid Pro-Banthine (propantheline) Bentyl Antidepressant medications can also be prescribed, if the client experiences depression along with abdominal pain. These drugs can increase pain tolerance, and deal with depression and stress and anxiety experienced by the clients of spastic colon. Two other medications that are specifically used for IBS treatment are, alosetron and lubiprostone. Alosetron is a nerve receptor antagonist that can relax the colon, and slow down the movement of waste through it.
Treatment: this Condition Needs Immediate Medical Intervention
Usually, surgery is the only option. Irritable Bowel Syndrome Irritable bowel syndrome is a common cause of discomfort under the left rib cage. It is caused by overeating or lack of fiber-rich foods, and sufficient water in the diet. In this condition, the digestive organs are affected as they are not able to produce digestive enzymes that assist in the breaking down of food into basic substances. It interrupts the typical bowel movement by causing constipation or diarrhea. Other signs of this condition are bloating and cramps in the intestine.
Another Factor that Triggers IBS is Stress
Do not overtire yourself with your daily activities. You need to bear in mind that your health is constantly your top concern. After all, when you are risking your health, you might just pertain to a point that you need to drop everything off. And that is exactly what you do not want to occur. Get some rest and do stuffs that can release some of your tension. Do pay attention to your body and make certain that no signs of condition are left unattended.
Damion is a leading curator at 816babi.com, a blog about alternative health news. Previously, Damion worked as a advertising guru at a well-known high tech company. When he's not researching new articles, Damion loves painting and fishing.