Irritable Bowel Syndrome And Yoga: Waist Pain on the Right Side
There are different vital organs found in the pelvic region, and abnormal functioning of the same results in waist discomfort. In minor cases, pain is caused due to sitting or sleeping in improper position. On the other hand, certain diseases and disorders can also be underlying causes for pain along the waistline.
Sharp Stomach Discomfort
Distended abdominal areas Nausea and vomiting Fever Although the passage of mucus in stool is not always a reason for serious concern, consult a doctor if it has been occurring on a daily basis. Besides the previously mentioned medical conditions, excess mucus in stool could be due to an anal fistula (a little connection or channel that develops between the anal canal and the skin near the anus) or rectal ulcers. The development of a deadly growth in the colon might also be a contributing factor. Though the use of drugs would provide relief, ensure that you make dietary adjustments and other lifestyle changes that have been suggested by your doctor.
Diarrhea With Mucous
Abdominal cramps Fever Queasiness Bloating Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). The exact cause of IBS is not known, but it is believed that it could be triggered by a severe gastrointestinal infection. It is believed that the signs of this condition worsen due to stress. IBS is classified as diarrhea-predominant, constipation-predominant, or IBS with an alternating stool pattern. People who suffer from IBS may also observe increased levels of mucus in stools. It has been observed that mucus formation is higher in those with diarrhea-predominant IBS. The typical signs of IBS consist of:
- Gastrointestinal disorder Gastrointestinal disorder is another reason for green defecation.
- Failure of the body to absorb specific components can result in its excretion, thus imparting green color to the stool.
Diverticulosis The term 'diverticulum' refers to an unusual sac-like structure that forms in the large intestine. It is thought that such pouches develop when the waste that is stored by the large intestine becomes hard and puts pressure on the walls of the colon. The formation of these pouches is referred to as diverticulosis. More often than not, this condition is asymptomatic. However, development of many such pouches could trigger symptoms such as:
Other Causes Treatment
It is not always the case that the pain is triggered due to a serious underlying disorder. However, it is important to consult the doctor and get the condition diagnosed immediately. Physical examination, history and documentation, X-ray and MRI are a few of the methods used to diagnose the condition.
Abdominal cramps Stomach discomfort Abdominal distention Failure to pass gas Constipation Vomiting
According to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), almost 50% of individuals experiencing ulcerative colitis experience very mild symptoms. Ulcerative colitis is the condition wherein the inner lining of the colon and rectum is irritated with sores and ulcers. The area gets filled with blood and puss and leads to frequent emptying of the colon. As a result, the person may experience severe pain in the lower abdomen, due to the inflamed colon, accompanied by bloody diarrhea.
Mucus is a slimy secretion that is produced by the mucous membranes that line the mouth, nose, sinuses, throat, lungs, and the digestive tract. The production of mucus is one of the protective systems utilized by our body. One of the basic functions of mucus is to lubricate or moisten the underlying tissues. The secretion of mucus also helps with the passage of food from the esophagus to the stomach. The bicarbonate ions and mucus which are produced by the epithelial cells of the stomach also protect the lining of the stomach from the acidic environment created by gastric juices.
Acts as a lubricant, thus helping with the passage of food in the digestive tract, until it is excreted out. The presence of a small amount of clear mucus in stool is normal, but the amount of mucus could increase if a person is suffering from a digestive disorder. Seek advice from a doctor under these circumstances, and notify him/her about the other signs that may be accompanied by increased amounts of mucus in feces.
- Conditions that Could Cause Mucous in Feces There are various medical conditions that can cause one to pass mucus in stool.
- Therefore, it is always better to get the underlying cause diagnosed and treated at the earliest.
- You have actually ever experienced irritable bowel syndrome you will know that it is no joking matter.
- You can go from sensation fine to being in agony in no time at all.
- In truth any kind of stomach ache is something you would rather avoid.
- If you wish to know more about the best ways to keep yourself feeling fine in the food digestion department, please kept reading!
Stomach Cramps: Stomach cramps are one of the most common reasons of colon spasms. When abdominal muscles are contracted leading to colon spasm, it can trigger a severe pain in the stomach location where spasm has occurred. Such stomach pain caused by the colon spasm is more gassy and colicky in nature. And it can all of a sudden be felt sharply at any time and may last for few seconds or minutes.
Colon Polyps can be Dealt With If Identified in Time
There are dedicated clinical procedures in place, such as colonoscopy or sigmoidoscopy that target the polyp stalk to stop further development, polypectomy or polyp removal, and a variety of laparoscopic techniques. Another procedure is that of proctocolectomy in which the entire colon is removed. The process involves a procedure that is clinically referred to as ileal pouch-anal anastomosis. In this procedure, the surgeon constructs a pouch out of the ileum or end of the small intestine and attaches it to the anus.
- Fullness and Bloating: Fullness and bloating can also be experienced by a person suffering from colon spasms.
- A person might feel that his or her clothes are tighter and may feel suffocated in them.
- The bloating and fullness can be associated with flatulence and rumbling sounds in the stomach.
- Apart from this, some people also suffer from nausea and vomiting while suffering from colon spasm.
Medical Treatment for Lead Poisoning
Getting rid of the source of lead and altering diet is the primary treatment method. Secondly, chelation therapy is the most effective treatment used in treating lead poisoning and reducing the level of lead in the body.
Deal With Irregularity
As we now know, constipation and bloating are interrelated so treating constipation will automatically cure bloating. Drinking a lot of fluids, taking laxatives, chewing food appropriately, having proper meals, etc., are some ways to deal with constipation. Over the counter medicines are also very effective; however, it is better to seek advice from a doctor before taking them.
- Causes Colon polyps are the result of abnormal cell growth.
- These cells do not grow and divide in an orderly way like their healthy counterparts.
- Rather they trigger mutations in genes and keep dividing without the need for new cells.
- Small or sessile polyps are normally attached to a stalk.
- They are identified as adenomatous, hyperplastic, or inflammatory.
- Polyps in the colon can result in rectal bleeding, irritable bowel syndrome, severe pain in the abdomen, and colon cancer, if neglected.
- Smoking and alcohol abuse significantly increase the risk of developing polyps of a malignant nature.
Stabbing Pain in Stomach The term abdominal pain is often used for referring to the pain felt in the stomach region. The intensity of the pain could range from mild to severe. Pain could be felt for a brief period or may even be constant or lasting. The pain could be...
Irregularity. Diarrhea. Flatulence. Bloating. Mucus or blood in the feces. Inflammation of these pouches is medically referred to as diverticulitis. These pouches may end up being inflamed when bacteria act on the fecal matter that is trapped inside diverticula. The symptoms of diverticulitis include:
Yoga Techniques : Yoga Postures for IBS
Certain yoga postures can help relieve the effects of irritable bowel syndrome. Learn about yoga postures for IBS with help from a certified Ashtanga Yoga ...
- Colic Colic is the severe or serious abdominal discomfort that comes and goes suddenly.
- The exact cause of it is unknown and is commonly seen in babies.
- Extreme sobbing is the most typical symptom of colic.
- Nevertheless, often, symptoms like muscle convulsions in stomach are likewise observed.
- A healthy baby suddenly weeping excessively for no apparent factor is a sign of colic.
Ulcerative colitis is a type of inflammatory bowel disease that is characterized by swelling of the innermost lining of the large intestine and the rectum. When the inflammation is restricted to the rectum, the condition is referred to as ulcerative proctitis. The inflammation could give rise to the development of open sores or lesions. At a later stage, these ulcers might bleed and the affected individual may suffer from frequent episodes of diarrhea. He/she may notice traces of blood or mucus in the stool. Other signs of this inflammatory bowel illness consist of:
- Gastroenteritis, or stomach influenza, is triggered due to an inflammation of the stomach due to parasites.
- There are 2 types of gastroenteritis, viral and bacterial.
- Consuming contaminated food and water can cause gastroenteritis.
- It is more common in young adults and old individuals.
- Stomach discomfort, queasiness, diarrhea, vomiting, and dehydration are its signs.
Some Home Remedies Besides the aforementioned conditions, there might be other reasons for neck and back pain after meals, for example, genetic disposition. A physician generally carries out various diagnostic tests including ultrasound, X-ray and blood tests to detect the exact cause of pain after eating. Therefore, besides trying home remedies, you must consult a health care professional, specialized in physiology, for the correct diagnosis and treatment of left side neck and back pain after usage of meals.
Person experiencing stress and anxiety must try to manage the stress on his own. Stress management methods like deep breathing and meditation help to get over stress. Getting involved with activities that are enjoyed by the individual can also help. Listening to favorite music, partying, talking to friends, and involvement in hobbies are great stress busters. It is important to understand that stress-related diarrhea can be completely cured only if the reason behind it i.e., tension is reduced. So, stay tension free and lead a healthy life.
Stomach enzymes likewise play an important role in the breakdown of animal proteins. Nevertheless, if there is inadequate secretion of stomach enzymes, the concern of protein metabolism falls completely on gut bacteria. In such scenarios likewise, hydrogen sulfide is exceedingly produced. This not just causes sulfur burps however is typically accompanied by foul-smelling flatulence.
- Stomach discomfort is triggered due to gastrointestinal illness, it can be prevented to a terrific extent by following an appropriate diet.
- Similarly, gastrointestinal disorder can be avoided by consuming healthy food and keeping cleanliness.
- One need to bear in mind that it is easy to obtain eased of abdominal pain, if timely treatment is undertaken.
This medical condition is caused by physical or practical obstruction of the bowel. The mechanical causes of bowel blockage include tumors, adhesions, gallstones, affected stool, intussusception (when a part of the intestine moves into the adjacent section) or unusual twisting of the intestine. Such an obstruction stalls the transit of digested food or waste. Whatever be the cause, the condition is considered to be a medical emergency. The signs of this medical condition include:
- Symptoms of Colon Spasms.
- Colon convulsion symptoms can greatly differ from person to person with various intensity but a few of the common symptoms always remain the same.
- They are as following.
Causes and Treatment
As discussed above, constraining or tightness in the abdomen is caused due to conditions related to the digestive system. Constipation and diarrhea are the most common causes of stomach tightness and cramping. Irregularity can be treated by having laxatives or fibers; whereas, antidiarrheal medication assistance in overcoming diarrhea.
Green defecation can likewise be caused by some other conditions such as: One need not stress when one observes the symptoms. A modification in diet can help reduce the green color. Refraining from artificially colored foods and minimizing the quantity of iron consumption will likewise help. Nevertheless, if you experience stomach pain or pain, basic malaise, weight loss, constipation, diarrhea, fever, etc., together with green defecation, then, there is the have to visit the health care service provider. It is much better to get the condition inspected medically and confirmed that it's not being caused by some major disease. Moreover, if you are on some antibiotic treatments and you have green defecation, then you must inform your doctor of the exact same.
- Liver, one of the crucial body organs, is located in the thoracic region of the abdomen below the diaphragm.
- It controls blood volumes and blood clotting.
- It plays an important role in blood purification also.
- It is responsible for bile production and fat and sugar metabolism.
- Thus, it directly and indirectly aids in development, immunization, nutrition and reproduction.
- Usually, liver problem signs go unnoticed or are difficult to assess.
- They are likely to be misinterpreted as signs of some other diseases.
- Therefore, liver diseases are often referred to as 'quiet killers'.
- If dysfunction of the liver is identified at the initial stage, proper treatment can assist restore liver health.
- So, everyone needs to be aware of the early signs of liver problems.
You consume more than the required amount of fiber rich food, it can cause diarrhea. Hence, it is a good idea to keep an optimum balance of fiber rich food such as fruits, vegetables, cereals and seeds. If you are on a weight loss diet plan, the diet that has been prescribed to you can also cause diarrhea, due to the high amount of fiber in it.
- Addition to all the given body structures, muscles and skin are also present on the lower abdomen on the left side of your body.
- Any medical condition affecting these structures can potentially cause pain in the left side of the waist.
- Sometimes, pain due to a particular condition on the right side of the abdomen, radiates to the left side.
- In such a condition, the diagnosis of the left side abdominal pain ends up being a little tough.