Dannon Activia Yogurt Ibs: Pain in Lower Right Abdomen
The majority of the cases, abdominal discomfort is caused due to indigestion or constipation. However, if other symptoms like fever, backache, etc., are observed along with it, you can not rule out the possibility of an extreme underlying disorder. As numerous essential organs are located in the right abdominal area, there can be many possible reasons for persistent or acute lower abdominal discomfort.
- Any person with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) will understand that dealing with it is really awful.
- You never understand when the next attack is going to strike.
- Some sufferers are constantly on the lookout for the closest rest area and plan their day around not being too far from a bathroom.
- Other individuals do not go there regularly enough.
- Either means, the pain can be terrible.
During IBS, individual may change between diarrhea and constipation. People with diarrhea face frequent, watery, loose stool which are hard to control. They will have an urgent need to have a bowel movement. Whereas, people with constipation might find hard to pass stool or usually have few bowel movements. They often feel the need to pass stool. People with constipation may feel the cramps with bowel movement. For some people symptoms might get worse opponent couple of days or weeks and then slowly reduce whereas in some symptoms are present most of the time. There are possibilities the individual suffering from IBS lose his/her appetite.
Symptoms: Trouble and pain during urination, blood in urine, fever, queasiness, pelvic pain, tender stomach, vomiting, etc., are the symptoms of urinary tract infection.
Symptoms: Passing stools for less than 3 times in a week, passing very hard stools, abdominal cramps, straining when passing stools, rectal discomfort, weight loss (in chronic cases), etc
IBS is identified by abdominal pain or cramps, bloating, constipation, and diarrhea. In some individuals, diarrhea can be prominent, while in others, it could be constipation. Some people on the other hand, can suffer from alternating periods of constipation and diarrhea. However, IBS does not cause inflammation of the bowel tissues, or inflammatory bowel disease like Crohn's disease or colitis. IBS is usually not considered to be a deadly condition, though it can affect the quality of life substantially.
Foods that Worsen IBS
Gaseous Foods Bloating and stomach cramping is one of the most common symptoms of IBS. Gassy foods (Brussel sprouts, asparagus, cauliflower, broccoli, beans, artichokes) promote accumulation of digestive tract gas, which can make bloating more severe. IBS patients can get into trouble when they have meals that contain gaseous foods.
- Treatment: Apart from taking elaborate meals, lack of physical activity is often responsible for causing digestion problems.
- For a healthy digestion, besides eating in small amounts, regular exercise is very important.
- Also, after having a heavy meal, you need to keep a time gap of 2-3 hours before you hit the sack.
- Short walks after meals can also contribute in enhancing digestion.
Caffeine Milk and dairy items Fatty foods Alcohol Foods rich in sugar Artificial sweeteners like sorbitol and xylitol Apart from these, some individuals may get relief from excessive gas, bloating, and flatulence by avoiding or decreasing the consumption of the following foods:
Diagnosis and Treatment
Finding out the exact cause behind this issue is a challenging task. This is since the characteristics of different types of intestinal discomfort are very similar to each other. Even the accompanying symptoms can not be distinguished quickly from one another. At first, the doctor attempts to identify the trigger by physical examination of the abdomen and studying the nature of the pain. Then different laboratory tests, such as, radiological tests, endoscopy, etc. are done to validate their findings.
Apart from recommending the usual medications needed for pain relief, doctors treat the underlying infection or any other disease, responsible for the pain. Foods high in fiber ought to be included in the meals in order to improve the defecation. Drinking of a lot of water and other liquids are also recommended. There are some constraints concerning the food to be consumed by the patient. One need to keep away from fatty foods, spicy foods, citrus fruits, caffeine, alcohol, carbonated beverages, etc.
- Flatulence can end up being a cause of social embarrassment when there is increased passage of foul-smelling gas.
- The bad odor is attributed to the presence of skatole, indole, and sulfur compounds.
- Some people may even lose voluntary control over the passage of flatus.
Gastroenteritis, or stomach flu, is triggered due to viral infection in the stomach and intestines. It is caused due to consumption of contaminated food or water. It typically affects children. Symptoms of this condition are similar to food poisoning.
General, we understand how tough travelling can be when you are suffering from IBS, so be sure to abide by the recommendations above about IBS assistance when taking a trip to make sure you holiday isn't spoilt by your IBS symptoms.
The First and Most Important Area to Take a Look At is Drinking
A frequent situation people find themselves in is dehydration when in hotter nations. Be sure to drink a good amount of water as you can lose fluid very speedily in hot countries. Along with the warm weather being a reason for dehydration, there is that little thing we enjoy called alcohol. Alcoholic drinks aggravate dehydration and give you a headache, so you ought to absolutely avoid drinking extreme amounts of alcohol. Now you know it is important to drink water, make certain the water you drink is bottled, as foreign countries have diverse purities of water which can result in an upset stomach. Then you should try to keep in mind to avoid swallowing any water from swimming pools or lakes, as these are not really supposed to be swallowed and are known to cause difficulties to health when ingested.
Symptoms: Sharp lower abdominal discomfort, lower back pain, queasiness, vomiting, difficulty while urination, fever, brown colored urine, etc
The last things to think about are toilet stops throughout your journey. Whether you choose to travel via coach, aircraft or car there are a number of ways to try preparing your toilet stops. If travelling by coach one important thing to think about is that the coach has an on-board toilet, that way you know you have access to the toilet at any time through the trip. If your choice is by car, then plan your journey and know where the toilets are on your travels. Wherever you go there will tourist board information centres which can direct you to the nearby toilets.
Last but not least, if air travel is your choice then be sure to reserve a seat beforehand which is an aisle seat, this means you won't have to clamber over people to reach the toilets. You should also consider pre booking your dietary specs such as gluten free, low fat etc. Many individuals endure nervousness when flying and for IBS affected individuals this can trigger symptoms of their condition, so be sure to relax and use comfortable clothes. Some people find taking a mild sedative can help when flying.
Dos and Do N'ts
The treatment of flatulence usually includes the use of antacids, digestive enzymes, simethicone, bismuth subsalicylate, activated charcoal supplements, etc. Following certain steps will certainly prove beneficial.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is One of the Other Key Causes
IBS is identified by cramping, abdominal pain, diarrhea, bloating, and constipation. Considering that IBS results in irregular, disorderly contractions of the intestines, gurgling in the intestines is a natural result that follows.
Crohn's illness is caused due to the body's autoimmune response which affects the digestive system, resulting in inflammation. Based on the location of inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract, the complications of Crohn's disease may vary. A few of the visible signs include weakness, stomach irritation, diarrhea, throwing up, weight loss, and at times, skin issues.
Florastor Probiotic Supplement products drugstore.com
http://video.drugstore.com/?v=1838801562 View this video featuring the Florastor Daily Probiotic Supplement 250mg Capsules drugstore.com product and shop ...
Urinary System Infection
Urinary tract infection (UTI) is a collective name used to explain infection in either parts of the urinary system: the kidneys, the ureters, the bladder, or the urethra. Bacterial infection in the urinary tract gives rise to this disease.
You have actually ever experienced gas, bloating, diarrhoea or constipation, you know how unpleasant and uncomfortable these symptoms can be and what a relief it is when they finally go away. The majority of people are embarrassed and reluctant to talk about what goes on behind closed doors in the bathroom, but in reality, one in 6 individuals living in the UK experience periodic symptoms. So, you're not alone if you're suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Comprehending the signs and reasons for IBS can help you recognise it in yourself and support any friends or family members going through the same thing.
- Treatment: Home treatment and medication can assist in passing smaller kidney stones.
- You will need a surgery to break and eliminate large kidney stones.
Excessive buildup of gas in the digestive system is often observed in people who follow a diet that is rich in complex carbohydrates or insoluble dietary fiber. The major reason behind flatulence is bacterial fermentation of specific complex sugars such as raffinose, starches, stachyose, sorbitol, etc., in the colon. Excessive gas could also be attributed to aerophagia (swallowing excess air), which in turn may be attributed to eating food hastily, especially without chewing it properly. Prolonged use of antibiotics, misuse of laxatives, and intolerance to gluten, lactose, or synthetic food additives could also be the reason behind excessive gas.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
This is a common condition of the digestive system, more specifically, the colon. When experiencing this disorder, the person experiences alternating bouts of constipation and diarrhea. The reason for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is unknown. Stress, digestion related disorders, hormonal imbalance, etc., are believed to be the possible causes.
The majority of the medications used for dealing with spastic colon can cause a number of side effects, for which their daily and long-lasting use is usually not recommended. People with IBS need to strictly avoid taking medications without consulting their health care providers. They need to take medications just under the guidance of their physicians.
Individuals suffering from IBS can have symptoms ranging from mild to severe, but for many people irritable bowel syndrome is no more than having to experience occasional mild symptoms that do not require a visit to the doctor. If you think you may be suffering from IBS and have had signs such as gas, bloating, and irregular defecation more than three days a month over a period of three months, make an appointment to see your GP and discuss the issue with them.
Signs: Diarrhea, irregularity, bloating, flatulence, abdominal cramps, headache, fatigue, discomfort, loss of appetite, etc
Intestinal Cramps The intestine is an important organ of the body located in between the anus and the stomach. An intestinal tract has 2 sections - the big intestine and the little intestinal tract.The food digestion and absorption of food occurs in the small...
Cancer Although rare, abdominal pain can be one of the signs of colon cancer, bowel cancer, stomach cancer (also referred to as gastric cancer), ovarian cancer, etc. Cancer is caused due to an uncontrolled growth of cells (tumor) inside a particular organ.
Cauliflower Broccoli Cabbage Brussels sprouts Beans and beans Clients of IBS ought to eat smaller meals instead of three large meals, and drink a lot of water throughout the day. However, they should avoid sodas and soft drinks.
- Treatment: Antibiotics can deal with the initial and milder signs of PID.
- In severe cases, if the inflammation has caused an abscess, a surgery may be required.
Symptoms: Indications of stomach cancer are similar to the symptoms of other stomach disorders. Pain in abdominal area, nausea, indigestion, fatigue, vomiting, weight loss, heartburn, stomach fullness, weak point, etc., are a few of the early symptoms.
The Best Ways to Cope With It?
Just like any other disease, there are a few things that can help you relieve that stress or anxiety. Numerous changes in your lifestyle are required but all of which are very little. You may just have a talk with the people who are close to you about things. Anything that causes you strain are lessen whenever you have your love ones to support you.
Apart from these, food allergy or intolerance, flatulence, celiac disease, diverticulitis, Crohn's illness, kidney stone, gallstones, ectopic pregnancy, menstrual cramps, etc., are a few of the other potential causes that can not be ignored. Determining the underlying cause is essential; and hence, the first thing you need to do is to seek advice from the doctor immediately.
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
The Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), as the name suggests, is an illness characterized by swelling of the female reproductive system. It is one of the major consequences of STD. Having a history of STDs, having unprotected sex with multiple partners, etc., increase the risk of infection. PID can lead to infertility in females.
- Treatment: A combination of surgery, radiation and chemotherapy are the normal treatment techniques for cancer.
- Surgical removal of tumor or infected part; radiation therapy, etc., can help in dealing with cancer to a great extent, if identified early.
Hepatic coma or hepatic encephalopathy is another severe liver problem. Impaired liver function can lead to accumulation of toxic substances in blood which in turn can affect the function of the brain. Gradual reduction of cognitive abilities is noticed in such situation and if left untreated, the condition can be fatal. Confusion, disorientation due to high blood ammonia levels (ammonia is a waste product), muscle tremors, mood swings, insomnia are a few of the early symptoms of liver encephalopathy which can be followed by irregular neurological indications and loss of awareness.
- Symptoms: Moderate to severe discomfort in the abdomen (on one side), vaginal bleeding, sweating, diarrhea, etc .
- Treatment: If detected in early stages, medications are prescribed to terminate the pregnancy and treat the symptoms.
- In later stages, surgical methods may be needed to treat the problems.
The presence of a small amount of mucus in the stool is not really a cause of serious concern. Mucous is a thick secretion of the mucous membranes. The secretion of mucus in the digestive tract helps keep the inner lining of the small bowel and the colon moist and well-lubricated. It facilitates smooth passage of the food in the gastrointestinal tract. It is normal to pass a small amount of mucous in the stool, but if you are passing large amounts of mucus on a daily basis, and it is accompanied with bleeding, then you need to look for medical help as quickly as possible.
Signs: Lower abdominal and lower back pain, difficulty throughout urination, irregular menstrual cycle, vaginal finding, diarrhea, vomiting, pain during sex, etc
- Gas that is present in the stomach usually travels through the mouth when we burp, while the digestive gas is released through the rectum.
- Distressing symptoms such as pain or bloating could occur when gas stays trapped in the digestive tract.
- First: Fiber that is incompletely or slowly absorbed promotes normal bowl function and deals with constipation.
- This type of fiber also helps prevent diverticulosis and diverticulitis.
- It offers relief from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) which is also on the rise.
- Second: Fiber-rich foods are processed more slowly by the body.
- This is a great benefit if you're trying to lose weight!
- When foods process more slowly, you feel 'pleased' or 'full' much faster than normal.
- This makes it easy to eat less at mealtime.
Secondly, signs of irritable bowel syndrome can be dealt with by medications. However, there is no permanent cure to it. You have to make dietary changes to get relief from it. Menstrual cramps can be treated by taking pain reliever and a lot of rest. Pelvic inflammatory disease in women can be treated with the help of antibiotics. In some cases, if PID is detected during pregnancy, the woman may require hospitalization. Physical therapy can also help in dealing with pelvic pain.
This condition takes place when the spermatic cable (in males) gets twisted, resulting in sudden and severe pain. Due to the twisting of the cord, blood flow is affected. In severe cases, it can even lead to complete damage to the testis.
- Treatment: Antibiotics are used to treat UTI.
- Consuming adequate amounts of water, practicing good health, and safe sex helps in treatment and prevention of UTI.
Associated Diseases & Disorders
Burning stomach pain can be moderate or serious, depending on the disease of which it is a symptom. There are various conditions like GERD, stomach flu, UTI, lactose intolerance, etc., in which you can experience burning pain in stomach. Listed below are the various diseases which can be attributed to this sign. The other symptoms of the illness are likewise noted, so that you can identify the origin.
- Diverticulitis Sometimes, sacs or pouches, called diverticula, bulge out from the wall of the colon.
- The swelling or inflammation of these diverticula is referred to as diverticulitis.
- The exact cause of diverticulitis is unknown.
To be aware, the intake of food has a significant role either to hurt or cure Irritable Bowel System. People may often think to have actually balanced diet for the treatment of the IBS. We need to prepare for the diet plan like we should prevent or get rid of taking certain diet such as caffeine, alcohol, milk products, foods high in sugar, fatty foods, such as beans, cabbage, and broccoli as they cause worse for your diarrhea. To soothe constipation one must include fiber in the diet should drink lots of water and need to be continuing in taking the exercise.
- Diagnosis There is no clear test to figure out if you are suffering from this condition.
- However, your GP will search for signs of typical IBS symptoms and also ask you to go through a physical examination.
- Treatment: In the majority of the cases, making changes in your diet and lifestyle can help in dealing with constipation.
- The doctor will also prescribe medication or laxatives to treat chronic constipation.
- In severe cases, a surgery will be advised if the person deals with intestinal blockage.
Treatment: Making changes in the diet and way of life can manage IBS to a great extent. Medicines, laxatives, antidiarrheals, antispasmodics, etc., are helpful in alleviating the symptoms. If IBS is caused due to stress and mental illness, the patient ought to go for appropriate therapy and treatment approaches.
Celiac disease is a condition, in which, the body is incapable of breaking down a type of protein called gluten. Gluten is found in wheat, barley, rye, and other such cereals. When these food items are taken in, it often results in severe abdominal pain in lower left quadrant.
Causes and Treatment Although conditions of the stomach like food poisoning, injury, infection, etc., top the list of reasons for stomach pain, it can also be caused due to reasons not related to the stomach at all.
- Care Although fruits like avocados and bananas are excellent sources of soluble fiber, they are considered to be gas-producing foods.
- Thus, avoiding or reducing their consumption is vital to keep a check on symptoms related to gas and bloating.
- Soy products can also get worse bloating and for this reason eating in small amounts must be given utmost priority.
Negative Effects of Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe Vera as a Laxative Aloe vera consists of the gel and the latex. The latex of the aloe vera leaf refers to the yellow part which lies just beneath the leaf skin. It contains anthraquinones like aloin, which are responsible for the laxative properties of aloe vera. When present in aloe juice, the latex can alleviate constipation, and stimulate bowel movement. However, studies have found that when used for a long period of time, people developed a sort of tolerance, and needed increased doses to get the same laxative effect. In fact, prolonged use of aloe vera juice as a laxative can increase the risk of constipation. Moreover, the intake of aloe latex was associated with a deficiency of the potassium from the cells in the intestinal tract lining. This is the reason that aloe vera laxatives were banned by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) since November 5, 2002.
- ExerciseRegular exercise has been found to reduce the severity of IBS signs in many patients.
- Exercise can improve the quality of life and mental and physical well-being.
- Low impact exercises like walking, swimming, and biking can prove tremendously helpful in reducing the frequency and severity of spastic colon.