Nervous Stomach: Nervous Stomach Ache
Nervous stomach can not really be classified under any specific disease. Doctors usually use this term for an array of stomach-related conditions such as indigestion, bloating, or even changes in bowel habits. Diagnosis is usually done by a doctor after diagnostic tests fail to reveal a particular cause. Most of the time, it is a result of stress and/ or anxiety.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
The exact cause of IBS is not known, but there are theories that connect the increased sensitivity of the intestinal tract to the miscommunication between the brain and the intestine. It is also believed that those who have been affected by an intense gastrointestinal infection are more likely to develop IBS. IBS could be diarrhea-predominant or constipation-predominant. Some of the affected individuals may have IBS with an alternating stool pattern. People who are affected by diarrhea-predominant IBS are most likely to pass mucus in stools. The affected individuals are likely to experience symptoms such as abdominal discomfort, bloating, modification in bowel habits, loose and watery stools, etc.
Cause - Crohn's Illness
This inflammatory bowel disease causes swelling in the lining of the digestive tract, thus, causing intestinal cramping, diarrhea, stomach pain, blood in stools and malnutrition. Crohn's disease is a very serious condition and can even be life-threatening.
Feeling nervous? What’s behind those stomach butterflies
2 Your Health.
- Other Causes: A stomach pain not long after eating can also take place when undigested food from the stomach gets dumped into the large intestine.
- If there is swelling in the appendix, then the secretion that results from this infection may spread into the big intestinal tract.
- Because case, one experiences pain on the right side of the abdominal area.
Ulcerative colitis is also an illness characterized by inflammation of the large intestine. There are different types of ulcerative colitis. But the one that causes stomach ache and diarrhea together is proctosigmoiditis. Proctosigmoiditis in turn is identified by the inflammation of the sigmoid colon and the rectum.
- Infections Infections in the urinary tract might lead to flank pain; these urinary tract infections are primarily caused by germs.
- The germs cause the infection to travel from the intestinal tract into the bladder through the urethra and cause a bladder infection.
- Though deemed treatable, a urinary tract infection may cause pain until it is completely cured.
- The infection, generally, is accompanied by nausea, fever, and a burning sensation while urinating.
- Exactly what are the other accompanying symptoms?
- Is it triggered due to side effect of any medication/ drug?
- Symptoms People experiencing diabetes and arthritis may also experience pain in the right flank from time to time.
- An injury to the lower back section or a muscle pull may also lead to flank discomfort.
- The flank region is susceptible to intense pain when there is extrinsic movement.
- The pain raises when the range of motion increases.
- The side where the pain is actively experienced suggests which, and how far the kidney has been affected.
What Causes Mucous in Stool?
More often than not, inflammatory bowel disease is believed to be the contributing factor for excess mucous in the feces. The term 'inflammatory bowel disease' (IBD) refers to a group of medical conditions that are associated with the small intestine or the colon. However, medical conditions other than IBD might also cause mucus in the fecal matter.
- Butterflies in your stomach may not be just a figure of speech anymore.
- If you have been under a lot of stress, chances are that you might also suffer from some stomach problems.
- The following medical conditions may be related to your stress.
Digestive Pain Offers a Painful Sensation Throughout the Abdominal Cavity
This pain is mainly set off by some problems connected with the gastrointestinal system. The type and intensity differ according to the underlying cause. Often, it is felt as a stabbing pain that lasts for a short time period and at other times, it might be a dull pain lasting for numerous hours. When the pain turns serious, numerous clients start throwing up. In many cases, they may experience muscle cramps in the abdominal area.
- Severe GastritisAcute gastritis is the sudden inflammation of the inner lining of the stomach caused due to bacterial or viral infection.
- Abdominal pain and tightness, nausea, bloating, vomiting and loss of appetite are the symptoms of gastritis.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome:
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a condition of the lower intestine tract. Stomach pain is the most popular symptom of IBS. It is also characterized by irregular bowel movements. A person may either deal with constipation or diarrhea. Loss of appetite, nausea, and vomiting are the other symptoms of IBS.
Gastritis Gastritis is a medical term that explains the inflammation of the lining of the stomach. This condition generally gives rise to a number of signs that include burning feeling and pain in either the left or best side of the abdomen, depending upon the side that is affected with gastritis.
Probiotics help in the improvement of the gastrointestinal functions IBS the acronym for Irritable bowel syndrome can not be termed as a disease in itself. It is rather a disorder associated with the bowel movements which arises due to improper functioning of the digestive system. It may also be connected to the...
Lactose Intolerance: Those with lactose intolerance can not absorb lactose sugar present in dairy products due to absence of lactase enzymes in their digestion system. Here, the pain starts not long after the intake of dairy based products like milk, cheese, ice cream, etc. It is accompanied by abdominal pain, cramps and bloating.
Exactly what to Look For Exactly what is the exact nature & duration of the discomfort?
- Diverticulitis: This condition is defined by inflammation of the intestinal tract wall, particularly in the large intestinal tract.
- Any extra amount of pressure on the inflamed intestinal tract during digestion, results in more swelling and inflammation.
- The discomfort is felt at the left side of the lower abdomen after eating.
- Fever, diarrhea, irregularity are a few of the other accompanying symptoms of diverticulitis.
The main objective of the treatment is to manage and relief the symptoms, and to help the victim to lead a normal life. Note that no single treatment for the condition produces best results for everybody. The patient has to work with his/her doctor and decide what's best.
- AppendicitisThe appendix is a small tubular organ present at the lower end of the cecum.
- Appendicitis is the swelling of the appendix.
- It is a serious medical condition that needs to be treated immediately.
Reasons for Severe Discomfort in Back
Injury Injury is a common cause of pain in the back. Sudden movement, lifting, bending, etc., can result in straining of the muscles or the ligaments leading to injury. On the other hand, trauma caused due to fall, blow or mishap on the back can trigger abrupt severe back pain. Muscle injuries are normally seen in sportspersons, athletes, and dancers.
- Does it reoccur?
- Or is it dull pain that lasts for a long period of time?
- Is there anything that helps/ aggravates it?
- Anxious stomach is not a disease; but having a sour stomach every now and then shows dysfunction of the digestive system.
- Remember, sedentary or stressful lifestyle can be the main reason for 'upset stomach' events.
- As you know, incorrect eating habits can cause stomach problems.
- Nervous stomach symptoms may vary according to the cause.
Was this Kind of Pain Experienced Prior to?
Treatment The doctor will advise a health examination, X-ray or MRI to diagnose the cause. In case of gastroenteritis, it is necessary to treat dehydration as a concern. Plain drinking water, electrolyte or intravenous (IV) fluids help in treating dehydration. Secondly, the medical professional will recommend prescription antibiotics to treat the disease totally. Other medication might also be recommended to treat queasiness, vomiting and diarrhea. Taking rest in appropriate posture, having a healthy diet, etc. assists in overcoming discomfort throughout pregnancy. It is suggested to consult the physician before utilizing any medication or natural home remedy throughout pregnancy.
- Constipation When you have a problem with defecation, the food consumed is not thrown out of the body.
- It results in the food being fermented in the stomach, giving rise to gases, which move in the digestive tract and put pressure on the stomach.
- Irregularity is another significant cause of a bloated stomach.
Besides the previously mentioned conditions, the presence of mucus in the feces could be attributed to lactose intolerance, bacterial overgrowth, bowel obstruction, or rectal ulcers. The exact cause can be established by analyzing the patient's medical history, and conducting a physical examination and diagnostic tests. Though symptoms can be alleviated by drug treatment or other treatment options, making certain lifestyle changes is extremely important when it comes to treating gastrointestinal disorders. Following a healthy diet and increasing the intake of water will certainly prove beneficial.
Diet Plan Products
Food labeled as "diet," "sugar-free," or "low-carb," have a laxative effect due to the fact that they contain mannitol, maltitol, and sorbitol. Consuming these products can lead to one feeling full, and can ultimately lead to bloating.
Lots of people make a big error by trying to treat intestinal tract pain with self-medication, after buying some over the counter medications. You should strictly avoid it and speak with a medical professional for its correct treatment. If the issue persists even after utilizing the medications given by your medical professional, then it is advisable to take a consultation from another physician.