Irritable Bowel Syndrome And Solution: Spastic Colon Remedies
Spastic colon, which is another term for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), is defined by abdominal bloating and cramping. Although there is no cure for this condition, it does not usually cause any permanent damage to the colon. The symptoms can be quite annoying and uncomfortable, but can be easily managed through some dietary and way of life modifications, with or without medications. Most of the spastic colon clients find improvement in the symptoms with these simple remedial measures and healthy lifestyle changes.
Symptoms: Sharp lower abdominal pain, lower back pain, nausea, throwing up, trouble while urination, fever, brown colored urine, etc
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
The Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), as the name suggests, is a disease characterized by inflammation of the female reproductive system. It is one of the major consequences of STD. Having a history of Sexually transmitted diseases, having unprotected sex with multiple partners, etc., increase the risk of infection. PID can lead to infertility in women.
- Treatment: Antibiotics can treat the initial and milder symptoms of PID.
- In severe cases, if the inflammation has caused an abscess, a surgery may be required.
Diet can Also Play an Important Role
IBS patients may take advantage of eating smaller meals at more frequent periods. Foods that are low in fat and high in fiber are beneficial to keeping the intestine healthy. Dietary fiber includes bulk to stools making them larger and softer and easier to pass, thus reducing the pain associated with bowel movements.
- Treatment: A combination of surgery, radiation and chemotherapy are the common treatment techniques for cancer.
- Surgical removal of growth or contaminated part; radiation therapy, etc., can help in treating cancer to a great extent, if diagnosed early.
Most of the cases, abdominal pain is caused due to indigestion or constipation. Nevertheless, if other signs like fever, backache, etc., are observed along with it, you can not rule out the possibility of a severe underlying disorder. As several important organs are located in the right abdominal area, there can be many possible reasons for persistent or acute lower abdominal discomfort.
Symptoms: Passing stools for less than 3 times in a week, passing very hard stools, abdominal cramps, straining when passing stools, rectal pain, weight loss (in chronic cases), etc
Symptoms: Lower abdominal and lower back pain, difficulty during urination, irregular menstrual cycle, vaginal finding, diarrhea, vomiting, pain throughout sex, etc
- IBS can still be something of a mystery when it concerns causes and treatments that can widely handle symptoms.
- Symptoms can be so varied, and occur for factors that are not comprehended, so discovering the proper treatment can be difficult.
- That is why it is crucial to see a physician, who can direct patients toward a treatment that is suitable for them.
- Ulcers Ulcers are essentially open wounds that develop on the inner walls of the intestines.
- Initially, the pain is skilled somewhere around the belly button and without any treatment the pain spreads and affects the whole abdominal area.
- Ulcers trigger internal bleeding, causing discomfort in the belly button region.
Following Food and Drink is of Course Medications
It is important to take along appropriate medications on your travels to ensure your journey is not ruined by illness. One key medication to take with you is rehydration sachets including Dioralyte, Electrolite or Rehidrat. These are specifically useful for times when you have the runs and feel dehydrated. Another important medication is your own products of anti-spasmodics like Buscopan, Colofac or Mebeverine together with anti-diarrhoeal medications. A key piece of advice when carrying these medications is to have them in your hand luggage and in their initial plans, this way you will not have any issues with customs.
- Excessive intestinal gurgling after a meal indicates that the food isn't totally digested or that too much air has been swallowed during a meal.
- Those who suffer from anxiety are in the habit of swallowing lots of air while consuming, for this reason they suffer from gurgling and bloating.
Research the different products that are out there. Discover a supplement that contains the right mix of probiotics and prebiotics to give your body the support that it needs. * That will allow you to trust that you have the best probiotic supplement each time. * When your body is in balance, it just works better, and probiotic IBS supplements can give you that support. * Getting relief from IBS is easy if you know how to find the very best probiotic supplement in the first place. *.
Usage of food and water that is contaminated with bacterial toxic substances or parasitic worms can lead to food poisoning. Infection of the intestinal tract by bacterial agents such as Salmonella, Campylobacter, Yersinia, Shigella, Escherichia coli, etc., may lead to digestive tract problems. Symptoms of food poisoning include abdominal cramps, abdominal discomfort, fever, watery diarrhea, queasiness, vomiting, etc.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
This is a common disorder of the digestive system, more specifically, the colon. When struggling with this condition, the individual experiences alternating bouts of constipation and diarrhea. The cause of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is unknown. Stress, digestion related disorders, hormonal imbalance, etc., are believed to be the possible causes.
Treatment: Making changes in the diet and lifestyle can control IBS to a great extent. Medicines, laxatives, antidiarrheals, antispasmodics, etc., are helpful in easing the symptoms. If IBS is triggered due to stress and mental disorders, the patient should go for appropriate therapy and treatment methods.
Treatment: Surgical removal of the inflamed appendix is the most recommended and efficient methods used to treat appendicitis.
Parents can keep track of the different kinds of foods consumed by their kids, and make a note of the ones that set off the symptoms of IBS. Foods which can set off IBS may vary from kids to children. However, the ones which have been found to be common in all include spicy foods, chocolates, dairy products, high-fat foods. So parents must ensure that these kinds of foods should be given in limited total up to their kids when healthy, and must be completely prevented when they are suffering from IBS.
- Symptoms: Nausea, vomiting, pain in the testicles and scrotum, lower abdominal pain, swelling, etc .
- Treatment: Surgery is needed to deal with testicular torsion.
- If spotted at an early stage, testicles can be saved.
- If not, they may have to be removed.
The Treatment Depends Upon the Exact Cause
However, consuming a high-fiber diet plan would definitely help one avoid this condition, in most cases. Consultation with a trusted physician is a must, as a delay could lead to further complications.
Abdominal pain, of any kind, should not be ignored as it is one of the potential symptoms of any of the aforementioned major conditions. It is smart to consult the doctor and look for proper treatment methods. Take care!
- Diverticulitis Sometimes, sacs or pouches, referred to as diverticula, bulge out from the wall of the colon.
- The swelling or inflammation of these diverticula is referred to as diverticulitis.
- The exact cause of diverticulitis is unknown.
- Though stress is becoming an inevitable part of life, there are ways to cope with the ups and downs of life.
- One can conquer stress with the help and support of their loved ones, family, friends, as well as medical help.
- Do not wait till you reach the point of total breakdown.
- It is much better to take a break every now and then from work and go on a short vacation or pursue a hobby.
- Try yoga to soothe your nerves and eat healthy.
- There need to be more time for laughs to keep tension levels as low as possible.
Fatty foods are among the most common triggers of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) signs- in addition to dairy products, alcohol, carbonated drinks, coffee and other caffeinated beverages, and chocolate. Sugarless gums and mints include the sweetener sorbitol, which can likewise exacerbate IBS. It can be a discouraging condition to deal with, since there's nobody medication that can alleviate the most common symptoms of gas, bloating, pain, and bowel grievances. The good news is that there are both prescription and non-prescription drugs that can help with picked IBS signs. Prescription medications available include those that work versus irregularity or diarrhea, control colon spasms, or handle anxiety. Over the counter medications such as fiber supplements, probiotics, or peppermint oil capsules might also help some people.
Symptoms: Signs of gastric cancer are similar to the signs of other stomach disorders. Discomfort in abdomen, nausea, indigestion, fatigue, vomiting, weight loss, heartburn, abdominal fullness, weakness, etc., are a few of the early symptoms.
Crohn's disease is caused due to the body's autoimmune response which affects the digestive tract, leading to swelling. Based on the location of inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract, the complications of Crohn's disease may vary. Some of the noticeable symptoms include weakness, stomach irritation, diarrhea, vomiting, weight loss, and at times, skin issues.
Gastroenteritis, or stomach flu, is caused due to viral infection in the stomach and intestines. It is caused due to consumption of contaminated food or water. It typically affects children. Symptoms of this condition are similar to food poisoning.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): IBS is a gastrointestinal disorder that causes temporary damage to the large intestine.
- In this condition, increased mucus production by the mucous membrane located in the intestine is observed.
- Excess mucus may trickle down to the urethra, which will be eventually visible in the urine.
Cancer Although rare, abdominal pain can be one of the symptoms of colon cancer, bowel cancer, stomach cancer (also referred to as stomach cancer), ovarian cancer, etc. Cancer is triggered due to an uncontrolled growth of cells (tumor) inside a specific organ.
This condition happens when the spermatic cord (in males) gets twisted, resulting in sudden and severe pain. Due to the twisting of the cord, blood flow is impacted. In severe cases, it can even lead to total damage to the testis.
Stomach Ulcers: If you are suffering from stomach ulcers, you may experience a dull and gnawing, burning like feeling in stomach which is sudden in its occurrence. The pain becomes serious if you are surviving on an empty stomach and may be temporarily relieved after eating. Other symptoms experienced during this condition are nausea, vomiting, heartburn, indigestion, dark stools, and gas.
- Symptoms: Mild to severe pain in the abdomen (on one side), vaginal bleeding, sweating, diarrhea, etc .
- Treatment: If detected in early stages, medications are prescribed to terminate the pregnancy and deal with the symptoms.
- In later stages, surgical approaches may be required to treat the abnormalities.
Urinary Tract Infection
Urinary tract infection (UTI) is a collective name used to describe infection in either parts of the urinary system: the kidneys, the ureters, the bladder, or the urethra. Bacterial infection in the urinary system gives rise to this disease.
Constipation A person is diagnosed with constipation when he/she has bowel movement less than three times a week. Poor diet, inadequate intake of water and fluids, lack of physical activity, prolonged use of certain drugs, abuse of laxatives, etc., are some of the common contributing factors for irregularity. Besides infrequent bowel movement, constipation is characterized by a feeling of incomplete evacuation of the bowel, difficult evacuation of the bowel due to hard stool, bloating, and pain. As the stool becomes hard and dry, the affected individual has to strain during defecation. This can make him/her prone to the advancement of anal fissures, hemorrhoids, or rectal prolapse. Rectal prolapse is said to take place when a part of the lining of the intestine extends from the anal opening. Rectal prolapse could lead to the secretion of mucus.
- So, now you learn about the stomach problems caused by stress and how to cure them.
- After reading this article you probably know that there may be something else causing your indigestion instead of a bit of extra pizza!
Symptoms: Diarrhea, constipation, bloating, flatulence, abdominal cramps, headache, tiredness, pain, loss of appetite, etc
- Treatment: In most of the cases, making changes in your diet and lifestyle can help in treating irregularity.
- The doctor will also recommend medication or laxatives to cure chronic constipation.
- In severe cases, a surgery will be recommended if the person struggles with intestinal blockage.
The final things to think about are toilet stops during your journey. Whether you choose to take a trip by means of coach, plane or car there are a number of ways to attempt planning your toilet stops. If travelling by coach one important thing to think about is that the coach has an on-board toilet, that way you know you have access to the toilet at any time through the trip. If your choice is by car, then plan your journey and know where the toilets are on your travels. Wherever you go there will tourist board information centres which can direct you to the nearby toilets.
Last but not least, if air travel is your choice then be sure to schedule a seat beforehand which is an aisle seat, this means you won't need to clamber over people to reach the toilets. You should also consider pre booking your dietary specs such as gluten free, low fat etc. Many people endure nervousness when flying and for IBS affected people this can prompt signs of their condition, so be sure to relax and wear comfortable clothes. Some people find taking a moderate sedative can help when flying.
What is the concept of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) in Ayurveda at Nirogam ?
Irritable Bowel Syndrome is a lifestyle disorder. The duodenum is a part of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, attached to stomach and small intestine. It is the first and ...
The first and most important area to look at is drinking. A frequent situation people find themselves in is dehydration when in hotter countries. Be sure to drink a good amount of water as you can lose fluid very quickly in hot countries. In addition to the warm weather being a cause of dehydration, there is that little thing we enjoy called alcohol. Alcoholic drinks aggravate dehydration and give you a headache, so you should definitely avoid drinking extreme quantities of alcohol. Now you know it is vital to drink water, make certain the water you drink is bottled, as foreign countries have diverse purities of water which can result in an upset stomach. Then you need to try to keep in mind to avoid swallowing any water from swimming pools or lakes, as these are not really expected to be swallowed and are known to cause difficulties to health when ingested.
- Treatment: Home treatment and medication can help in passing smaller kidney stones.
- You will need a surgery to break and eliminate big kidney stones.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): It is said that around 95% of people with IBS suffer from regular bloating.
- Mainly seen in ladies, IBS can cause other symptoms like nausea, abdominal pain, and change in bowel habits.
- Distension of the stomach is very common with bloating brought on by IBS.
- The degree of distension increases with every meal.
- Irritable bowel syndrome may be associated with other conditions like migraine, fibromyalgia, depression and anxiety too.
Associated Diseases & Disorders
Burning stomach pain can be mild or serious, depending on the disease of which it is a sign. There are various conditions like GERD, stomach flu, UTI, lactose intolerance, etc., in which you can experience burning pain in stomach. Listed below are the various diseases which can be attributed to this symptom. The other symptoms of the diseases are also noted, so that you can identify the origin.
Symptoms: Problem and pain during urination, blood in urine, fever, nausea, pelvic pain, tender stomach, throwing up, etc., are the symptoms of urinary tract infection.
Overall, we understand how challenging taking a trip can be when you are dealing with IBS, so be sure to comply with the suggestions above about IBS support when travelling to make sure you holiday isn't spoilt by your IBS symptoms.
Causes: The cause of the cancer of the small intestinal tract is unidentified, but it is believed that certain conditions can put a person at an increased threat of establishing little bowel cancer. These consist of celiac disease, Crohn's illness, colon cancer, cancer of the rectum, familial adenomatous polyposis, hereditary non-polyposis colorectal cancer, and Peutz-Jegher's syndrome. Men are more likely to establishing small intestinal tract cancer.
Foods that Worsen IBS
Gaseous Foods Bloating and abdominal cramping is one of the most common symptoms of IBS. Gassy foods (Brussel sprouts, asparagus, cauliflower, broccoli, beans, artichokes) promote buildup of digestive gas, which can make bloating more severe. IBS clients can get into trouble when they have meals that contain gaseous foods.
- Treatment: Antibiotics are used to treat UTI.
- Drinking adequate amounts of water, practicing good hygiene, and safe sex assists in treatment and prevention of UTI.
Causes and Treatment Although disorders of the stomach like food poisoning, injury, infection, etc., top the list of causes of stomach pain, it can also be caused due to factors not related to the stomach at all.
- Unintentionally eating contaminated food or following incorrect food habits can cause disorders of the stomach.
- Abdominal pain, diarrhea, queasiness, vomiting, etc., are the common symptoms of gastrointestinal or digestive system diseases.
- If you too experience these symptoms, there may be a possibility of the following reasons.
On the whole, bear in mind that floating poop is not an unusual trait. It is a sign of digestive system being in good shape. Nevertheless, when drifting stool is accompanied by other 'undesirable' modifications in its color and appearance, it is absolutely a cause of worry and requires a visit to the physician to diagnose the underlying cause.