Medicines For Ibs With Diarrhea: Symptoms of Colon Polyps
The colon is a vital part of the digestive system. It is the last portion of this complex system, responsible for the crucial extraction of salt and water from solid waste, prior to excretion. The human colon consists of four sections. They are identified as the ascending, transverse, descending, and the sigmoid sections. The development of polyps or abnormal tissue development within the colon is commonly observed in people who are overweight. Colon polyps are also observed in people who extensively delight in smoking, a diet plan that is high in fat and low in fiber, as well as those who have a family history of the condition.
The interior of the root shows a distinct hole pattern that spans its length. So, the pieces of the root show a great deal of holes, which is in fact visually appealing. The lotus root is often sliced before using. The following are some important health benefits and nutritional facts of the lotus root.
Boiled Lotus Root Nutrition Facts Nutrients Boiled Lotus Root (100 g). DV. Dietary Fiber g. Vitamin C. mg. Thiamin mg. Niacin mg. Vitamin B6. mg.
Selenium mcg. Health Benefits of Lotus Root. Controls High Blood Pressure. People routinely eating lotus are not likely to suffer from high blood pressure, as the edible root is found to be high in potassium. Potassium, known for its vasodilating effect, plays a crucial role in lowering blood pressure. Increase in the potassium level blunts the blood pressure-raising effect of sodium, which works to keep it under control.
The burning feeling in the stomach is serious, it is a good idea to seek advice from a doctor, who will be able to diagnose the cause of the discomfort and advise the proper treatment. Never ever ignore burning stomach discomfort, as it might be a symptom pointing to a serious condition.
- The best ibs treatment that is suggested is a change in the diet.
- Apart from being free of side-effects, they offer overall nutrition and health.
- Another efficient natural treatment is to prevent bothersome foods like spicy foods, caffeinated beverages, alcohol, and chocolate.
- For individuals with gas problems, veggies like cabbage, broccoli, and cauliflower needs to be restricted in the diet plan.
- Since these foods are hard to digest, they may aggravate the symptoms of the syndrome.
The lotus root includes immune-boosting vitamin C in astoundingly high amounts. Just 100 g of boiled lotus root offers a whopping 46% everyday advised intake of vitamin C. So add this root to your diet to give your immune system much more assistance.
- Treatment: For the treatment of tapeworm infection, the doctor typically prescribes parasite-killing medicines to kill the digestive parasite.
- Examples of such medications are praziquantel (biltricide) and nitazoxanide (alinia).
- To prevent tapeworm infection, wash your hands properly before eating and after using the toilet.
- Also, maintaining hygiene in the kitchen is recommended.
- Get your meat and fish from a reliable source and cook them thoroughly as all the eggs are killed in the process.
IBS is a widespread gastrointestinal disorder that affects nearly 50 million Americans. For a disease that has such a high incidence rate and causes a great deal of pain, it receives very little attention. Hence, there should be greater awareness on the remedial measures for relieving this condition. Depending on the severity and frequency of indicants, IBS can greatly interfere with the quality of life. Sadly, the drug intervention protocols have not proved to be very effective in providing long-term relief, and a few of them have led to side effects that have worsened the original symptoms. Nevertheless, the good news is that there are numerous natural cures for IBS that are effective and assistance in healing the body in a synergistic manner.
Promotes Blood Circulation
Poor blood circulation can cause a wide range of health issues, which may eventually become fatal. The arms and legs becoming weak or numb is one of the most common symptoms bad blood flow. Lotus root is a good source of iron; hence, its intake on a regular basis can certainly help increase blood circulation, and even prevent blood disorders such as anemia.
- Order to make the pepper mint tea just brew one to two tea spoons of dried mint leaves per eight ounce cup of fresh boiling water.
- Now you can sugarcoat to your preference and drink it two or three times a day with no headache.
Celiac Disease is Another Causative Factor
Celiac disease is an autoimmune gastrointestinal disorder that damages the small digestive villi. These villi are the little finger-like protrusions in the small intestine, and they play a major role in nutrient absorption. If they are damaged, nutrients can't be absorbed. Those affected with celiac disease are not able to absorb the wheat protein, gluten, discovered in breads, pizza crusts, and cookies. As a result of this, they deal with intestinal gurgling.
As discussed earlier, there is no cure for spastic colon. The traditional treatment is aimed at providing remedy for the signs. It includes medicines to control diarrhea/constipation, antidepressants, anticholinergic medicines (to control activities of the autonomic nervous system and for relief from bowel spasms), antibiotics (for patients with overgrowth of bacteria in the intestine), and fiber supplements (for those with constipation). Spastic colon patients need to avoid foods, like carbonated beverages, salads, and raw fruits. Vegetables, like cabbage, broccoli, and cauliflower, are also not good for them. Such foods cause bloating.
Difference between the 2 kinds of fiber: Both soluble and insoluble fibers can not be digested and are excreted from the body. The difference between the two is that, the previous kinds a gel when it blends with body fluids, while the latter travel through the digestive system intact. Both the fibers are required to maintain good health.
- Parasites such as fasciolopsis buski may be present in the lotus root.
- Hence, make sure that the edible root is well-cooked before usage, so as to prevent any sort of parasitic infections like fasciolopsiasis.
- Stress can be a contributing element to the burning feeling.
- So, find out the cause of stress and practice relaxation techniques like yoga or meditation.
Whether it's something you ate or a more serious gastrointestinal disease, signs of IBS can effect anybody and may seriously effect a person's wellbeing. Understanding the condition and knowing tips to treat it can help you be proactive if any symptoms ever do appear and can help you get you back to feeling your best as rapidly as possible.
Natural Cures for IBS
IBS is a perfect example of how dis-ease that Western medicine has failed to cure can be eliminated by treating the whole person -- the mind, body and spirit.
Prevents Mucus Build-Up
High vitamin C material also suggests that this root can be helpful to relieve respiratory infections such as common cold, pneumonia, and bronchitis. This is because, vitamin C is very much capable of liquefying the thick mucus associated with these infections, and facilitate its drainage.
Ways to Prevent Gurgling in Intestines The problem of gurgling intestines is not uncommon in people who led extremely difficult lives and follow an unhealthy diet. So, it is very important to eat the right foods, prevent junk food as much as possible, and drink lots of water to keep yourself free from excessive gurgling noises and many other stomach problems.
Lotus root is said to act as a natural hemostatic agent, which may help stop internal bleeding connected with intestinal tract and urinary tract issues such as hemorrhoids, rectal bleeding, and haematuria. Black bowel movement is an indication of internal bleeding. Even nose and gum bleeding can be treated with this root. Having a glass of juice obtained from the lotus root can help stop bleeding. Fresh lotus root water or soup can also be used for the same purpose.
- Treatment As you now know, burning ache in the stomach can be connected with a variety of unrelated diseases.
- The treatment for each disease is different.
- In particular abdomen-related illness like hernia or appendicitis, surgical treatment is needed.
- Appropriate medication might be prescribed by the physician in case of diseases like UTI or GERD.
- If the burning pain inside the stomach is serious, immediately call a doctor.
- Treatment: For treating this condition, certain over-the-counter laxatives can be taken.
- Eating a high fiber diet, drinking lots of fluids, and exercising regularly also provides relief from irregularity.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
IBS is associated with the disorders of large intestine. This disorder may trigger constipation, bloating, burping, cramping, diarrhea, etc. There is no proper treatment to treat this disorder but by following couple of precautions and by eliminating few food items from your diet, you can take control over the condition.
Taking psyllium-based supplements for IBS can be severe on the stomach in the beginning. Nevertheless, the body generally adjusts after some time. But if you find it excruciating, you need to stop its use and shift to some other supplement. It is constantly advisable to look for a doctor's guidance before taking fiber supplements.
With specific lifestyle adjustments, one can undoubtedly get rid of stomach distention. An exercise routine together with a diet plan that promotes regular defecation (high fiber diet plan and plenty of water), is the crucial to get rid of pot tummy. Use of intestinal cleansers to flush off undesirable waste, can also be an option to relieve the pain related to abdominal obesity. In case, food poisonings are the perpetrators that have produced this uncommon change in the size of the stomach, then appropriate treatment needs to be taken at the earliest, to restore normal tummy size.
- However, people with irritable bowel syndrome or stomach ulcers need to not consume this frequently.
- This is because, it is high in insoluble fiber, which can aggravate the IBS symptoms.
- Hence, you need to reduce the intake of lotus root to keep IBS under control.
Usage. Although it is typically cooked and included a sliced kind, the juice extracted from this root is also used for medical reasons. The tea made from the juice of this root and ginger is said to have higher medicinal value, and often used to treat fever and respiratory problems like cough. In China, lotus root powder combined with sweet osmanthus is frequently offered as a ready-to-severe beverage, and is considered to be very good for health.
Gastrointestinal Disorders Rank Top Among the Way of Life Disorders
At least 7 out of every 10 people deal with some or the other sort of stomach/intestinal issue. Given that, most of these conditions are apparently harmless, people tend to ignore them up until the small issue manifests into a serious medical condition. Gas, indigestion, irregularity, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) are some of the common disorders that pester urban population. These conditions stem from unhealthy food practices, coupled with an inactive lifestyle.
Folate mcg. Pantothenic Acid mg. Calcium mg. Iron mg. Magnesium mg. Phosphorus mg. Potassium mg. Sodium mg. Zinc mg. Copper mg.
As there is no cure for this condition, the only way out is to control the symptoms. The majority of the solutions mentioned above, are found to be effective, for this purpose. These are some of the remedies that can help you in controlling the symptoms of spastic colon. All you have to do is avoid the trigger factors, and adopt the remedial measures.
Excessive diarrhea is frequently treated with the assistance of medical treatment as well as home remedies. The treatment is mainly based upon the cause. It is identified with lab tests like stool sample tests, X-ray, colonoscopy, etc. Anti-diarrhea drugs are generally recommended. If any bacterial infection is identified then they are treated with antibiotics. In many cases, anti-parasitic medicines are provided. If the ailment has arised from antibiotic medicines then medical professionals suggest making use of acidophilus in tablet or liquid kind along with that medicine.
Promotes Healthy Bowel Movement
A healthy bowel system is a distinct possibility if your diet does not include sufficient dietary fiber. People suffering from constipation can get their bowel system back on track by regularly eating fiber-rich foods, like lotus root. With 100 g of boiled lotus root consisting of 12% daily recommended intake of dietary fiber, its addition in one's diet can definitely assist in enhancing bowel health. As the bowel system is a part of the digestive system, proper bowel functioning can also help improving digestive health. A blend containing a juice of grated ginger and lotus root is said to be the standard treatment for digestive tract inflammation (enteritis).
Foods to Avoid: Eggs, pork, nuts, and shellfish are common antigens a substance that the body will react to, like an allergic reaction that may irritate the digestive tract and cause IBS symptoms. Other foods that cause symptoms are mentioned above.
- The lotus root is a great source of folate and vitamin B6, that can assist in reducing homocysteine levels in the bloodstream.
- Homocysteine is an amino acid, a byproduct of protein metabolism.
- Too much of it has been associated with increased risk of embolism, heart attack, and stroke.
- With its high vitamin B content, this root can certainly help lower homocysteine levels, in turn securing the heart from damage.
- Thus, regular consumption can play a protective role against cardiovascular ailments.
Derived from the lotus plant, its edible root is revered for its high nutritional content. It is a staple in Asian cooking, and typically added in salads to make the meal crunchy and flavorful. Its sweet-tangy flavor, and crunchy, starchy texture has actually made the lotus root extremely popular all over Asia. In fact boiled, sliced lotus roots are found in a variety of Asian cuisines.
Cause - Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
The cramping is accompanied by symptoms such as abdominal pain, mucus in stool, constipation or diarrhea, stomach bloating and gas, it could be due to irritable bowel syndrome. The primary reasons behind this condition are stress, allergic reactions to particular food items such as dairy products, hormonal imbalances, certain medication and other diseases such as diarrhea.
Damion is a lead writer at zoejo.com, a site about health, lifestyle and fitness. Previously, Damion worked as a advertising guru at a well-known tech software web site. When he's not scouting for new content, Damion enjoys skydiving and rock climbing.