Vitamins For Ibs: Excessive Diarrhea Causes
Diarrhea can be described as a condition where loose defecation take place due to some problem in the intestines. Many people mistakenly assume it to be an illness, but in fact it is a sign that suggests a hidden illness in the body. When the loose defecation happen several times in a day, then it is thought about as extreme diarrhea. It is typically accompanied by bloating, queasiness, vomiting, abdominal discomfort, anorexia nervosa, etc. When a big amount of fluid is lost from the body, excessive diarrhea triggers dehydration.
In this condition a small portion the stomach is seen extending in the chest cavity. Normally, the upper body is partitioned into two parts by the diaphragm (a dome shaped internal skeletal muscle). The lungs and the heart form the first part, while the second part contains the liver, stomach and the intestinal tract. However, hiatal hernia sufferers have a part of the stomach coming out through the diaphragm and getting in the chest cavity. This unnatural protrusion of the stomach in the chest gives a feeling of heartburn and is accompanied by belching and rib pain. Carrying heavy objects, tough coughing or vomiting are some of the common reasons behind hiatal hernia.
- This is not an exhaustive list).
- Appendicitis: It is the inflammation of the appendix.
- It is a serious condition, which needs immediate surgical removal of the appendix.
Foods for Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Some think that they can just eat boring or boring food when suffering from IBS, however that is not true. Depending upon the severity of your irritable bowel syndrome, you may find that just a few foods trigger issues. In basic, there are just a few foods that you ought to prevent if you wish to stop a flare-up. These foods typically trigger problems in multiple clients dealing with the condition.
Colitis: It is the Inflammation of the Colon
It can be intense or chronic. Constipation: It is a condition where a person has a trouble in passing stools as they are hard and dry. Constipation is also characterized by passing stools less than three times a week.
Ulcerative Colitis: Ulcerative colitis is colitis in which the swelling is an outcome of autoimmune function where the immune system has actually begun attacking the colon. This then triggers the appearance of lots of ulcers on the colon along with the broken function. In severe cases treatment for ulcerative colitis is surgery (colectomy) however in immunotherapy can be utilized in order to avoid the body immune system from turning on the colon.
Dientamoeba fragilis: This is also a single-cell microorganism that shows its presence with diarrhea and severe pain in the abdomen.
- Gastric Cancer (Stomach cancer): As the name suggests, it takes place when cancerous cells grow in the stomach.
- It is difficult to identify at an early stage as its symptoms are similar to other digestive system illness.
Crohn's illness is another type of inflammatory bowel illness that is characterized by the inflammation of the intestinal tract. The specific cause of Crohn's illness is unidentified, but it is thought that the swelling might be an unusual reaction of the body immune system. Genes and ecological aspects could play a role in the advancement of this condition. Crohn's illness has the tendency to run in families, and those who have a family history of this persistent inflammatory condition are more likely to get impacted. The typical symptoms of this condition include consistent diarrhea, stomach discomfort, cramps, anorexia nervosa, weight reduction, fatigue, rectal bleeding, etc. The clients may establish anal cracks (tear in the lining of the rectum) or fistula (a little channel that develops between the anal canal and the skin around the anus).
- Treatment: Antibiotics prescribed by a physician can heal the ulcer and help to get relieved of the symptoms.
- Constipation and Indigestion
- The term 'poop' refers to the solid waste matter that is eliminated out of the body during bowel evacuation.
- Generally, a healthy bowel movement produces brown colored stools.
- A change in stool color to green indicates that something is wrong with the intestines but can also mean too much intake of certain foodstuffs.
- It is discussed below:
- Gas in the Colon Also known as the splenic flexure syndrome, it is another reason for pain under the left rib cage.
- Extreme gas gets trapped in the colon and it causes pain and discomfort.
- Indigestion: Also known as dyspepsia, it is a condition caused due to trouble in digesting food.
- It is a sign of several other diseases.
Produces and Excretes Bile Juice Which Helps in Breaking Down Fat
Bile plays an important role in the digestion of fats. When the liver is damaged and is unable to filter excessive bile from the blood, serious problems might occur. The presence of excess bile in the blood might cause the skin, eyes and nails to look pale. This condition is known as jaundice. It is an indication of liver damage or failure. There may be a number of other signs of liver failure, which we will discuss in the following paragraphs.
Heartburn or Acid Reflux
Another common but less severe cause of pain under the left rib cage is heartburn or acid reflux. It is often caused when you take in too much acidic food or drinks. It often gives a bloated sensation and a sharp pain that feels like chest ache.
- Alcoholic Liver Disease: As the name suggests, it is caused due to excess consumption of alcohol.
- The different types of alcoholic liver disease are alcoholic cirrhosis, alcoholic fatty liver disease, and alcoholic hepatitis.
Treatment: this Condition Needs Immediate Medical Intervention
Usually, surgery is the only option. Irritable Bowel Syndrome Irritable bowel syndrome is a common cause of discomfort under the left rib cage. It is caused by overeating or lack of fiber-rich foods, and enough water in the diet. In this condition, the digestive organs are affected as they are not able to secrete digestive enzymes that help in the breaking down of food into basic substances. It interferes with the normal bowel movement by causing constipation or diarrhea. Other signs of this condition are bloating and cramps in the intestinal tract.
Reasons for Discomfort Under the Left Rib
Injured/cracked or Fractured Rib Cracked or fractured rib caused by accidents or severe blow/impact in that area, is one of the major reasons for pain under the left rib cage. It causes excruciating pain that aggravates with deep breathing. Such a serious injury requires immediate medical intervention. If you are experiencing such pain, it is always wise to get an x-ray done to determine the state.
Alternating stool patterns, fever, and vomiting add to the pain and stress. Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is detected only on the use of a dedicated diagnostic algorithm, like Manning Criteria and Kruis Criteria. There is a 'red flag' list of symptoms developed for quicker medical diagnosis of the condition. Physicians chart the chosen algorithm to focus on weight loss, anemia and associated nocturnal signs. Research reveals that there are certain comorbidities that commonly manifest to highlight spastic colon. These include headache, depression, fibromyalgia, associated low-grade inflammation of the surrounding region, and/or interstitial cystitis.
There are certain parasite such as protozoa which often leads to Diarrhoea. There is typically a loss of salt and chloride loss which results in diarrhoea. The diarrhea leads to infection in the body. Some parasites also have the tendency to thrive in the upper small intestine which also leads to gas and bloating. The problem ends up being more acute when things which are difficult o digest are being taken. This kind of acute gastrointestinal problems can sometime occur for several months.
So, we see that pain under the left rib cage can be caused due to various factors, from gastric problems to inflammation of cartilage or other severe medical conditions. Depending on the cause, the treatment will vary. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you should seek advice from a doctor immediately. A timely diagnosis will help you to exact the cause, get effective treatment and prevent future complications.
All-Natural IBS Treatment - Bavolex: Natural Relief for Irritable Bowel SyndromeBavolex IBS Relief is formulated with all natural herbs created to support and soothe digestion. Bavolex includes the highest quality botanical ingredients that have been clinically formulated to work for optimum results. Bavolex's ingredients have been used safely for hundreds of years to support healthy digestive tract, help reducing irritation from diarrhea and constipation. Lowering bowel inflammation and supporting healthy digestion has been shown to relieve the discomfort and flare-ups associated with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
Read More about This Product »
Treatment: In case of a mild costochondritis, non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen or aspirin can help. If the condition in chronic or extreme, then opioid drugs like hydrocodone or oxycodone, or antidepressant medication like amitriptyline, may be used. It is suggested to take plentiful of rest and restrain from any stressful activity while recovering from this condition.
- Cystic Fibrosis: It is a genetic disorder, affecting the digestive system and lungs.
- When suffering from this disease, the mucus becomes thick and can block airways, tubes, and ducts.
- Symptoms As the gallbladder is actively involved in the digestive procedure, its removal has an adverse impact on the overall digestive system.
- The symptoms of post cholecystectomy syndrome are quite different in every individual's case.
- The most commonly observed signs and the reasons behind them are explained here: Treatment
Causes: Hernia, Crohn's disease, growth, adhesions (presence of fibrous bands of tissue), and volvulus (twisting of the intestine) are medical conditions that can put a person at a risk of developing small bowel blockage. Paralytic ileus, which is also called pseudo-obstruction, refers to intestinal obstruction that occurs when the muscles of the intestine do not function properly. This is one of the common contributory factors for bowel blockage in children.
- Liver Cirrhosis: It is caused when healthy tissues of the liver are replaced by scar tissues.
- Scarring is a gradual non-reversible condition.
Constipation is Identified by Hardening of Stools
As a result, more pressure and effort needs to be put in, to pass stools. It leads to irritating pain in the stomach, more so under the rib cage. Indigestion is also another common reason for the pain. A pain that starts unexpectedly can be linked to indigestion. It is usually preceded by constant burping.
- Hemorrhoids: It is a condition characterized by inflamed veins in the anal region.
- Hemorrhoids or stacks can be internal or external, and can be painful.
Injury to the Back or the Vertebrae is One of the Most Typical Causes
It can be caused due to strain in the muscles triggered due to muscle pull or twist. Secondly, sprain caused due to abrupt twisting or wrenching of the ligaments also causes sudden lower pain in the back.
- Say no to fizzy beverages.
- Stick to lemon juice, or the old and exceptionally faithful hydrant, water.
- Hiatal Hernia: It occurs when a part of stomach extends upwards through the diaphragm.
- It is commonly observed in older people.
Less Common Ones
In some cases, it has been found that people experience irregularity in blood pressure, in addition to digestion problems. Urinary tract infections (UTI) and all symptoms connected to it also show up as some of the severe health effects caused by black mold direct exposure. The same can lead to medical conditions of the liver, and other organs of the body. There have been cases wherein, people were detected with infertility which resulted from living in a black mold-infested house for a long term period.
Sometimes it may take place that a part or all of the tissues that line the rectum slide out of place; sometimes sticking through the anal opening. This is called rectal prolapse. Commonly, straining during a bowel movement, which usually happens in irregularity, causes this condition. And one of its common symptoms is leak of stool covered in mucus or blood from the anus. Other signs consist of a bright red tissue sticking out of the anus, anal pain or bleeding, and feeling of incomplete evacuation.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): It is characterized by a wide variety of signs like abdominal pain, abdominal cramps, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, etc
- Inguinal Hernia: It occurs when a part of the stomach cavity protrudes through the inguinal canal.
- It causes a bulge in the region which can be painful.
- All these factors interrupt the rhythm of chyme movement from the stomach through the digestive tract to the rectum.
- So, this triggers the contents of the colon to move in an irregular way.
- The chyme might move too quick, or may stagnate at all.
- Nevertheless, the condition does not raise any significant or major concerns, and can be quickly handled.
- Excessive intake of green vegetables might lead to green bowel movement which is thought about as normal.
- Consumption of some medications, supplements, or food poisoning might lead to green stools.
- Children often consume chalks or wax colors.
- Because case, green stool might be discovered.
- Most of the times, green stools show dysfunction of colon.
- Meckel's Diverticulum: This is a congenital abnormality.
- It is a small bulge at the lower part of the small intestine.
- It can lead to symptoms like abdominal pain, gastrointestinal bleeding, etc
- Jaundice: It is caused due to excessive building up of bilirubin in blood.
- It is easily identified as the skin turns visibly yellowish.
- Liver Abscesses: It is development of pus in the liver.
- It can be a potentially life-threatening condition.
- Treatment: Avoiding food that triggers indigestion is advisable.
- You can also try leaning on the back of a chair to get rid of the trapped gases.
- Antacid tablets, in addition to dietary changes, will help in the condition.
- Treatment: Proper diet and preventing food that causes indigestion and constipation would help in relieving the discomfort.
- High fiber diet is recommended if you are suffering from constipation.
My Only Issue Has Been Finding Recipes that Would Go With My New Regimen
A couple of days ago while googleing the topic I discovered a whole new world, the universe of Paleo Diet, an eating plan that generally removes gluten and journal from the picture, just what I was looking for!
- Pancreatitis This condition is an inflammation of the pancreas, a small gland that plays a crucial role in digestion.
- Sometimes the digestive enzymes assault the pancreas and damage the tissue.
- Other pancreas problems include gallstones that invade the pancreas and damage due to long-term alcohol abuse.
- A severe case of pancreatitis can cause pain, bloating, fever, quick pulse and vomiting.
- Someone experiencing these symptoms need to be seen right away in an emergency room.
- Spleen Irritation Sometimes, discomfort under the left rib cage may be caused due to tear or burst of the spleen.
- Pain in the extreme ends of the shoulders may also be a sign of spleen rupture.
Overlooked, this condition could take the awful form of colitis, and even cancer. Dietary modifications to consist of soluble fiber helps a lot to ease the agonizing signs. Laxatives, antidiarrheals, and colon clean products are also recommended for treatment. Antispasmodic drugs, serotonin and serotonin antagonists, and opioids are also commonly recommended. Alternative solutions, such as relaxation treatment, use of probiotics, iberogast, peppermint oil, homemade colon cleanse, as well as acupuncture help in reducing the pain associated with the condition.
Pneumothorax Pneumothorax is a condition where the lung ruptures due to a tear in the lung membrane, and air leaks out and fills the cavity between the lungs and the rib cage.
- Treatment: This condition can be treated by medications like Lansoprazole, Esomeprazole or Dexlansoprazole.
- It is also smart to avoid food that causes heartburn or acid reflux.
Liver Cancer: It is cancer that originates in the liver or spreads from other parts to the liver. It is also known as hepatic cancer. Liver Failure: Liver failure, or hepatic failure, is the damage of liver caused due to hepatitis, cirrhosis, use of certain drugs and medication, etc. It can be acute or chronic.
- Aloe vera has certain antibiotic properties that help to clean the impurities, as well as soothe the intestinal tract lining.
- It eliminates all the wastes, dead skin, and other impurities responsible for irregularity.
- The polysaccharides present in aloe, resist the growth of bacteria on the wall of the intestines.
- It is also very rich in fiber content.
- These fibers are capable of cleansing the colon by flushing out the toxic materials.
- Besides, the vitamins and minerals present in the plant, get rid of the sticky compounds clinging to the walls of the intestines.
- Soluble fiber supplements: These supplements are produced by pharmaceutical companies and are based upon different varieties of fiber.
- Psyllium is one such type.
- It is a soluble plant fiber.
- Many well-known fiber supplements such as Metamucil and Konsyl are based upon psyllium.
- It is known to eliminate constipation and is likewise a dietary fiber supplement for IBS (irritable bowel syndrome).
- Methylcellulose and guar gum are other examples of plant fiber, which form the basis of artificial fiber supplements.
- A widely known artificial fiber is calcium polycarbophil.
- The drugs called Fibercon and Equalactin are made with it.
Various Causes of Mucous in Urine
Although little traces of mucus are found in stools, consistent mucus in urine is simply not healthy for a person. Normally urine doesn't have its own color. The color depends on numerous other factors like food, drink, water, and even medication. Holding the urine for long tends to give it a dark yellow color, and drinking less amounts of water also results in dark-colored urine. But why does the body produces cloudy urine? Let's find out by knowing different mucus in urine causes.
- When you see something abnormal taking place in your body, it is obvious to get a little scared.
- Urine is a liquid which is not required by the body, and it takes place in various organs including the lungs, kidneys and the large intestine.
- Almost everyone of us has experienced mucus in urine or cloudy urine at some point of time.
- Most of the times, it's a result of all the foods and liquids which you have consumed.
- This is pretty normal, and there's no reason for raising an alarm.
- Nevertheless, if this has become a regular occurrence, then this a sign of trouble and an immediate urine and blood test is advised.
Kidney stones can originate in either of the kidneys and cause discomfort in them. Pain in the left one symbolizes stone in the left kidney. The pain generally starts from the back and spreads to the front.
- Salmonella: This pathogen can cause salmonella gastrointestinal disorder.
- Salmonella infection, often is triggered due to contaminated poultry products, like raw eggs.
Vegetables, that are thoroughly prepared, are easier to absorb as compared to raw ones (like in salads). Specially, pulses and beans need to be sprouted, steamed, germinated for fast digestion. You should also keep in mind that having large amount of pulses, beans, and lentils can result in digestive problems and thus, it is a good idea to limit their intake. Cook beans with seaweed to reduce its salt content and avoid gas. Other vegetables like potatoes, yams can be boiled, mashed and eaten. Here are vegetables that can be included in the list of easily digestible foods. Miscellaneous Foods.
- Treatment: If diagnosed with a serious cracked or broken rib, it is suggested to consult a doctor right away and get a surgery scheduled.
- You should also get a CT or MRI scan done to rule out any nerve damage.
- If the crack is small, it usually heals on its own in a month or two.
- You can use pain killers to relieve the pain.
- In any case, it is important to consult your doctor first.
Blastocystis: This is a term used to refer to a single-cell microorganism, the presence of which triggers abdominal pain, diarrhea, and constipation.
WLS Journey #15, me & my vitamins, birth control & IBS
The rib cage, also called the thoracic cage, is one of the core and most delicate parts of the human skeletal system. 24 bony structures called ribs, costal cartilages, 12 thoracic vertebrae and the breast bone, all are parts that comprise the rib cage. A part of the human respiratory system, this bony and cartilaginous structure surrounds the thoracic cavity, which consists of the lungs. It is a vital part of the human body and any pain in this area can be of serious concern, as it might indicate some serious medical condition or injury.
Treatment: Taking antacids and other drugs to reduce stomach acid can be of help. Avoiding hot and spicy food is a must. Diverticulitis. Diverticulitis is characterized by small, bulging sacs or pouches of the inner lining of the intestine (diverticulosis) that end up being infected. It generally affects elderly people, about the age of 60. People suffering from it experience bloating, constipation and pain under the lower chest.
To be assured of its symptoms, it takes place differently with the various personas. It depends from person to person. It can adversely be a lifelong condition causing some people to lose their potential of working, taking a trip, performing any social work and involving in any other activates. Nevertheless, its main signs are the fullness, gas, blotting and abdominal pain etc. that will go for 3 days or a number of months. The people suffering from IBS can alternatively switch to diarrhea and irregularities.
People, suffering from diarrhea, face frequent loose, watery stools and one who suffers from constipation will have a hard time passing stool, as well as less defecation. They can not release any stool or only a small amount. On the assessment of your doctor for the treatment of IBS, the medical professionals might check on the basis of the symptoms you describe to him or the pathological test or no test. Specifically there is no any certain test for checking the IBS and ultimately if doctor ask you for blood test, it is nothing but just to make it clear if you have celiac disease or a low blood count (anemia) or stool test to be guaranteed about the infections.