Ibs Remedies: Lower Left Abdominal Pain After Eating
Stomach pain can be considered as one of the most common physical discomforts. Practically everybody of you need to have experienced it at some point of time during your life. From babies to older people, everybody goes through periodic bouts of stomach pain. There are numerous causes why abdominal pain originates in the first place. It is mainly aggravated after eating. However, lower left abdominal pain after eating is quite unusual.
- Causes As aforementioned, blood in stools is an indication of a disease, more specifically a gastrointestinal disorder.
- The most common causes of red or tarry stools include stomach ulcers and damage to the veins in the stomach throughout vomiting.
- Other causes are offered below:
Little Intestine Cancer
Cancer is a major medical condition that is characterized by development of a growth due to abnormal and unchecked cell division. Small bowel cancer is rare when compared with other cancers of the intestinal tract. There are five kinds of cancer that can affect the small bowel. These include adenocarcinoma, intestinal stromal tumor, lymphoma, sarcoma, and carcinoid tumors.
Symptoms: Children affected by this condition are most likely to experience severe abdominal pain, bloating, irregularity, nausea, vomiting and sudden weight-loss. In adults, the symptoms consist of joint pain, seizures, fatigue and anemia. Irregularities in menstruation might be experienced by women who suffer from celiac disease.
- Ectopic Pregnancy: Once an egg is fertilized, it grows inside the uterus of the mother.
- Nevertheless, in certain conditions, the embryo develops outside the uterus, usually in the fallopian tube.
- Ectopic pregnancy could be one of the reasons for this discomfort.
- The exact cause for this condition is still not known, but abnormal contraction of the intestinal tract might be a factor.
- This kind of contraction could be either due to a problem of the brain (which manages muscle contraction) or the colon.
- Most of the affected people experience either diarrhea or constipation mainly.
- In some patients, both conditions might alternate, due to the spastic action of the colon.
- Spastic colon causes include trigger factors, like certain foods, stress, other health problems, like gastrointestinal infections.
There is still no final research study that led to having stress and IBS connected to each other, nevertheless, there are numerous looked into done that learnt that stress is among aspects that may cause it. One teacher who studied the said disorder, specifies that sixty percent of the people who are detected of having IBS are also qualified on having some kind of mental disorder. One of these health problems is GAD or Generalized Anxiety Disorder, depression and the likes.
Signs: The symptoms for this condition include groin pain, a feeling of pressure or heaviness in the groin, problem in passing stool, development of a lump in the groin, and intestinal clog. The strength of pain might increase when the affected specific bends, coughs, or laughs. Hernia that ends up being trapped in the groin region is called incarcerated hernia. Strangulated hernia is a complication of hernia. It takes place when the blood supply is cut off to incarcerated hernia. It needs immediate medical attention.
Sleepiness is the most commonly observed negative effects of Xanax in dogs. So your pet if put on this antianxiety medication may become too sleepy. However, this extreme sleepiness can make your pet rather awkward. However, this sedative result in your family pet may suggest that it has been administered in higher doses than prescribed. Xanax, when given at a lower dose, can help relieve anxiety without causing any sedation. So make sure that the drug is administered in the right dose. Other side effects that might take place include gastrointestinal upset, which may cause vomiting, gas, and diarrhea.
The common bowel problems in children are diarrhea and constipation. Pediatrician consultation and his recommended treatment is vital in such cases. At home, you ought to encourage your child to drink plenty of fluids and eat fiber-laden foods. In young children, the issue is sometimes difficult to find out due to the fact that of the general abnormality. However, a keen observation is always needed to evaluate the digestive health of a toddler. In case of diarrhea or presence of blood in stools, you ought to immediately consult a pediatrician for needed intervention. If you have established back pain with bowel movements, then constipation, putting in a lot of stress on the motion and unhealthy conditions such as disc herniation that involve neurological damage, are the most probable causes.
Stools floating is perfectly normal, thanks to its high water content. Stools that drift generally have brownish-yellow color. They are soft, but that does not mean they are watery. Most importantly, they are not hard, for this reason one does not experience any pain during defecation. Normal stools that float have a diameter of around 3-3.5 cm and they do not produce any foul odor. Likewise, the floating poop is not large in size and every bowel movement tosses 3-4 medium-sized stools.
Lactose intolerance is a condition, in which, body is incapable of producing an enzyme called lactase, which is required for the breaking down of lactose. Lactose is a milk sugar, found in all dairy products. When you experience abdominal pain after consuming dairy products, then most likely it is due to lactose intolerance.
- Diverticulitis Diverticulitis is a condition that develops when the diverticula or the sacs located inside the stomach get swollen.
- Sharp stomach pain, fever, nausea, modifications in bowel routines, etc., are the signs of diverticulitis.
- Ulcerative Colitis: This condition describes formation of ulcers in the lining of the rectum and colon.
- The ulcers often lead to bleeding that appears as blood in the stool.
- Other signs of ulcerative colitis consist of diarrhea.
- Abdominal cavity consists of various organs such as spleen, liver, kidneys, aorta, intestines, appendix etc.
- Abdominal discomfort can come from as an outcome of irregular performance of any of these organs.
- Nevertheless, there aren't lots of organs in the left lower quadrant of the abdominal cavity.
- For that reason, pain on lower left side of the abdomen is pretty rare after eating.
- There are some conditions that are known to induce this kind of pain after eating, which are as follows:
Xanax can interact with certain drugs such as barbiturates, which may worsen its sedative properties. Also, antifungal agents like ketoconazole and itraconazole can slow down the metabolism of Xanax, making its sedative effect last longer. So, inform your doctor if your pet is put on any other medication.
Individuals with IBS have sensitive bowels that simply can not tolerate alcohol usage. The inflammation due to alcohol consumption can activate intestinal spasms and aggravate this inflammatory condition of bowels. The preliminary mood enhancing feeling of drinking alcohol may be followed by days of debilitating abdominal pain and diarrhea. So, if you are complaining about IBS, alcohol can make it agonizingly painful.
- The little intestine, which is also called small bowel, is the section of the intestinal tract that lies between the stomach and the large intestine.
- The small intestine consists of duodenum, jejunum, and ileum.
- Though it is called little intestine, it is in fact the biggest part of the digestive tract.
- The length of the small intestine in adults is around 6 meters.
- Though the large intestine is about 1.5 meters long, it is called so due to its width.
- While the small intestine is around 2.5 to 3.5 cm wide, the diameter of the large intestine is about 10 cm.
- Small bowel performs vital functions including digestion of food and absorption of essential nutrients from the food into the body.
- There are a number of diseases that can affect the function of the little bowel in an adverse manner.
Pain in the back is as common a condition as headache. It can be seen in people of any age group, however, it is more common in middle-aged people. It can be persistent or intense, depending on the cause. Among the various types, the lower pain in the back is more commonly experienced. Stress and sedentary way of life are the most common factors for backache.
- Ovarian Cyst: Ovarian cyst might be yet another cause.
- This is caused when a cyst, which is a fluid filled sac, is formed in the left ovary of a lady.
Meat is another culprit which can cause diarrhea. The digestive system takes a very long time to digest meat. Considering that it is heavy to digest, it often triggers diarrhea. Also if meat is stagnant, then there are opportunities that it is contaminated with bacteria and germs, which give rise to this condition.
Due to the fact that of these finding scientists believe they may be a link here to colon cancer prevention. As well, prebiotics might help reduce symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease, help manage weight, lower cholesterol, balance blood sugar, and speed up waste transit time.
Medical issues associated with gastrointestinal tract can also lead to floating and foul-smelling stool. However, in this case, feces drifting is frequently accompanied by staining of stools. Also the water content and the texture in these stools deviates from regular expectations. It is explained listed below:
Signs: A person who is suffering from this condition is likely to experience symptoms such as pain, a feeling of fullness, extreme gas, swollen stomach, diarrhea, bloating, or stomach cramps.
Causes: This condition can result from trauma to the intestinal tract during a surgery. Perforation could also happen during treatments such as enema or colonoscopy. Swallowing a sharp object can also lead to an injury. Medical conditions that can make a person susceptible to this condition include appendicitis, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, diverticulitis, roundworm problem, or cancer.
- This indicates that either the nerves or the muscles involved in the digestive tract activities do not operate in ways they should.
- The nerves though surpass those that are found in the digestive system.
- The spinal chord and the brain themselves are also involved.
- Causes: Certain medical conditions can put a person at a greater risk of developing SBBO.
- These consist of selective IgA deficiency, motility conditions, diabetes, intestinal tract obstruction, diverticulosis, and scleroderma.
The Best Treatment For IBS - Diagnosing IBS: The Symptoms To Look Out For Irritable Bowel Syndrome, whilst not life threatening, can be debilitating. People can suffer different symptoms and experience different degrees of discomfort. There is no one-off miracle cure; however many people respond well to treatments, be it...
- Magnesium is a widely used laxative as it works in two different ways for dealing with constipation.
- Firstly, magnesium helps in drawing in water which increases the amount of water in the colon.
- The increased amount of water in the colon assists in softening stools, and make them easy to pass from the intestines.
- Second of all, magnesium assists in unwinding the muscles of the colon or the intestinal tract, that makes easier movement of the stools.
- Magnesium citrate, milk of magnesia, magnesium oxide, etc., all helpful in treating constipation.
Some doctors are in fact prescribing antidepressants and mood-elevating drugs such as Elavil and Prozac, believing that this will be helpful if the client's flare-ups are psychological driven. The relationship between the brain and the gut are well known and is being studied and may prove to be legitimate but when you study the potential side effects of these mind-altering drugs, it can be a blessing to have a natural alternative.
- Is still yet to be finalized which led to which since some of the patients that are diagnosed with mental issues are also experiencing IBS symptoms.
- These signs are stomachache, convulsion and a great deal of pain.
- All of which are also signs of IBS.
- There are several assumptions that are connecting IBS with stress and mental issues.
Treatment - if the condition gets diagnosed at an early stage, then medications to soften stools, suppositories and other medications are good enough to remedy the condition. However, when the condition becomes too severe to be treated with medicines, surgery is the only choice to fix the problem.
- Signs: The symptoms of these conditions include abdominal pain, cramps, diarrhea, loss of appetite, and weight loss.
- Treatment: The treatment involves the use of anti-inflammatory drugs.
- In severe cases, surgery may be recommended.
- Some anti-spasmodic drugs may help to relieve the pain of IBS, as they slow the contractions in the bowel.
- Antidepressants are also known to be effective when it comes to reducing discomfort (and also diarrhoea).
- Treatment: Issues can occur when the contents of the intestine spill over from the perforation into the abdomen.
- The treatment of this condition involves repairing the perforation through surgery.
Excellent or Bad?
Now we have finally reached the conclusive point of the uncertainty about flaxseed oil. Well, in spite of being pointed out as the wealthiest plant source of numerous nutrients, flaxseed and its oil has many side effects. Although abundant in fatty acids, they are not enough to provide you all the health and healing properties that you need. In truth, various scientific studies have shown in the past that the majority of the so-called benefits of flaxseed oil are nothing but a marketing extravaganza.
Order to improve up their sales and market value of their products, many producers have started to bring in support for a couple of false health effects. It is true that this oil contains numerous essential nutrients, but their amount is not enough to offer major health benefits! Thus, according to scientists, claims of flaxseed oil being effective against various types of cancer like prostate cancer, breast cancer, inflammation and numerous inflammatory diseases and various autoimmune illness, are not so true. In truth, experts claim that increased intake of this oil may rather aggravate specific medical conditions like diabetes and gastrointestinal illness.
Undigested food produces gas in the intestinal tract, which triggers an uncomfortable feeling in the form of pot belly. Studies reiterate the fact that excess gas built up in the stomach is the most common reason behind big tummy.
In this condition, the mucous membrane of the intestine is contaminated which leads to inflammation. Slowly as the inflammation intensifies the mucous membrane starts developing ulcers, which produces mucus and pus. The intestinal tract ulcers also trigger bleeding due to which a person passes stools with mucous, pus, and blood.
Another kind of inflammatory bowel disease associated with white fluffy mucus in stool is the disorder referred to as ulcerative colitis. This occurs when part of the digestive system is chronically irritated, and ulcers form on the lining of the colon. Bleeding may take place in these ulcers, accompanied by the production of pus or mucus, which may be eventually passed in the stool. Signs other than mucus, might consist of rectal bleeding, abdominal cramps, weight reduction, bloody diarrhea, fatigue, and dehydration.
- Moderate stomach problems normally do not need medical intervention and can be cured with little changes in your diet and way of life.
- In addition to a healthy diet, it is necessary to invest a long time for workouts.
- In spite of this, if the problem persists, you may have to look for a proper medical treatment.
- Diverticulitis: It could be caused due to inflammation of the diverticula (little pouches along the wall of the intestines).
- This condition is referred to as diverticulitis.
- Lemon Soda If you are going to have a big meal with a lot of fried, processed foods, you can sip lemon soda throughout your meal.
- Lemon soda avoids the development of gas and hence, eliminates you of bloated stomach after eating.
- However, make it a point to sip on little parts of soda instead of gulping it down at the same time.
Bacterial infections of the gastrointestinal tract, that activates inflammation of the intestine can also trigger drifting stools. For instance, people affected with irritable bowel syndrome, pass stools that have the tendency to float. Also, in this condition, too much of mucus is observed in the stools. Also, during bowel movement the person experiences abdominal cramps. Inflammatory bowel diseases such as Crohn's illness and ulcerative colitis that cause swelling and advancement of ulcers in the intestine can also lead to feces floating. Besides, blood in the stools can also be detected and is followed by stomach cramping. In this condition, the stool also appear black and tarry.
- Tea A piping hot cup of tea gives you an instantaneous relief from all the stomach ailments.
- Herbal tea and green tea are also effective in curing gastrointestinal problems.
Avoid Food that can Distress Your Stomach
There are quite a few things that can hurt your stomach. Some of these are dairy products, caffeinated beverages, soda, acidic food and beverages, chocolates etc. All of which are hard to prevent but decreasing your consumption will assist. You may not have the ability to stop eating or drinking such things but if you can just reduce it then IBS may not be a problem to you.
As stress has been considered as one of the causes of IBS, a part of the treatment also includes taking up measures which might help in managing stress. Parents should guarantee that their kids are getting enough sleep, along with enough time to be involved in video games and sports. They must also be aware if the kids are working excessive at school, and if they are in some way avoiding meals in any part of the day.
The liver is an organ which is metabolically really active. It is highly important for the survival of the human body. In spite of all this, the human body can hold up against the loss of around 60% of a normal liver. This is due to the fact that the liver has the ability to restore itself. Still, any liver problem should not be taken delicately. In case of the occurrence of the aforementioned liver damage symptoms, you should immediately speak with a health care professional for necessary intervention.
- Prostatitis Prostatitis triggers pelvic pain on the right side in guys.
- It is the swelling of the prostate gland brought on by viral or bacterial infection.
- Pain in the pelvic area, lower back and lower abdominal areas are the signs of prostatitis.
- In some cases, it can turn chronic and result into a condition known as chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CPPS) or chronic bacterial prostatitis.
irritable bowel syndrome treatment home remedies - ibs home cure
irritable bowel syndrome treatment home remedies - ibs home cure Get it: http://www.niche-finder.net/theibsmiracle Who would have even thought that dancing ...
Foods Containing Sugar Substitutes
Utilized as artificial sweetener, sorbitol and xylitol are found in food items labeled as sugar-free products. Although good options to sugar, sorbitol and xylitol are no easy to digest. The bacteria in the colon have a tough time breaking down sorbitol and xylitol. The breakdown of these artificial sweeteners by the bacteria is slow and additionally causes excessive production of gas. Likewise, germs have the tendency to multiply in the presence of sorbitol and xylitol, which eventually leads to bloating and regular smelly farts. A few of the food items that contain these sugar substitutes are: Check the food label that often mention these artificial sweeteners as sugar alcohols and polyols.
Small Bowel Overgrowth Syndrome
Both the small and large intestine consist of specific strains of bacteria. An individual is diagnosed with small bowel bacterial overgrowth when these bacteria are present in unusually large numbers in the small intestine.
Doctors are still not able to trace the causes of this bowel condition. Researchers believe that a bacterial infection in the digestive tract may lead to IBS. If the intestine is sensitive to certain foods, it can damage the colon giving rise to IBS. A weakened immune system vulnerable to viral infections may also lead to IBS.
Next to all these medical reasons, the pain may be due to injury or an abdominal muscle strain due to strenuous activity, like heavy workout or lifting up heavy objects. While conditions like gastritis or irritable bowel syndrome are not life-threatening, ectopic pregnancy or colon cancer undoubtedly needs immediate medical attention. It is always suggested to avoid self-diagnosis and get proper treatment done.
Causes of Pain in the Back After Meals
Kidney and Pancreatic Disorders: The left side of the abdomen houses 2 crucial organs: the left kidney and the pancreas. Disorders of these organs should not be dealt with gently since both the organs, especially the kidneys, are very important in homeostasis. Due to their proximity to the digestive tract, consumption of food can put pressure on either of these organs and exacerbate the pain emanating from them.