Digestive Advantage Ibs Irritable Bowel Syndrome: The Best Treatment For IBS - Possible Causes Of IBS
Irritable Bowel Syndrome, whilst not life threatening, can be debilitating. People can suffer various symptoms and experience different degrees of discomfort. There is no one-off miracle treatment; however the majority of people respond well to treatments, be it lifestyle modifications, improvements in diet or medication. The key is to understand your IBS, and to work out what is the best treatment( s) for you.
- Diagnosis There is no clear test to identify if you are suffering from this condition.
- However, your GP will look for signs of typical IBS signs and also ask you to go through a physical examination.
Crohn's Disease: Crohn's disease is a common cause of colitis. Crohn's disease is a condition which affects the whole of the digestive tract and this means that it can cause more different symptoms and side effects. In some cases Crohn's disease can cause serious issues as the immune system is malfunctioning and the body is no longer able to absorb nutrients to the same degree. Crohn's disease treatment is also more complex. Corticosteroids may be used to reduce swelling, but can not be used for prolonged periods due to adverse effects. Similarly surgery is not a cure as of course the whole of the of the digestive system can not possible be gotten rid of.
Secondly, signs of irritable bowel syndrome can be treated by medications. Nevertheless, there is no permanent cure to it. You have to make dietary changes to get relief from it. Menstrual cramps can be treated by taking pain reliever and lots of rest. Pelvic inflammatory disease in women can be treated with the help of antibiotics. Often, if PID is detected during pregnancy, the woman may require hospitalization. Physical therapy can also help in treating pelvic pain.
Fluid-filled sacs formed in the ovary are called ovarian cysts, which may be formed at the time of ovulation. Besides irregular menstruation, pain during bowel movements and pelvic pain, bloating is also a sign of presence of ovarian cysts. The gynecologist will determine the size and severity of the ovarian cyst and will advise the required treatment. The person will get relief once the cyst has been treated.
- Ulcerative colitis is another reason for blood and mucous being discharged in addition to stool.
- Many a time there may be white mucous, for which ulcerative colitis may be the reason.
- In this condition the latter part of the large intestine is swollen.
- Some of the symptoms of this condition include cramps and pain in abdomen, bleeding from the rectum and diarrhea.
- Barrett's Esophagus: It is a problem of GERD.
- People experiencing Barrett's Esophagus are at a high risk of suffering from esophageal cancer.
You might enjoy doing high strength exercises but after a workout session you may face a hard time dealing with pain around belly button. This is because, workouts that are done vigorously such as crunches or those involving lifting weights can be strenuous to the stomach muscles. As a result, the undue stress on the abdominal muscles can manifest in the form of navel pain.
Excessive buildup of gas in the digestive system is often observed in people who follow a diet that is rich in complex carbohydrates or insoluble dietary fiber. The major reason behind flatulence is bacterial fermentation of certain complex sugars such as raffinose, starches, stachyose, sorbitol, etc., in the colon. Extreme gas could also be attributed to aerophagia (swallowing excess air), which in turn may be attributed to eating food hastily, especially without chewing it properly. Prolonged use of antibiotics, misuse of laxatives, and intolerance to gluten, lactose, or synthetic food additives could also be the reason behind excessive gas.
- Gas that is present in the stomach usually goes through the mouth when we burp, while the intestinal gas is released through the rectum.
- Distressing symptoms such as pain or bloating might occur when gas stays trapped in the digestive tract.
Consuming food that is not stored properly or prepared in unsanitary conditions is harmful and leads to food poisoning. So, within a couple of hours of having contaminated food, one is likely to throw up and most importantly experience persistent pain around belly button.
IBS is Neither Ageist nor Sexist
It affects both young and old and male and female. It is estimated that 10-20% of people might suffer IBS at some point. Women with a menstruation are more prone to IBS and it is believed reproductive hormones may be a factor.
Apart from these, food allergy or intolerance, flatulence, celiac disease, diverticulitis, Crohn's illness, kidney stone, gallstones, ectopic pregnancy, menstrual cramps, etc., are some of the other potential causes that can not be ignored. Recognizing the underlying cause is essential; and hence, the first thing you need to do is to seek advice from the doctor immediately.
Artificial sweetener, especially sorbitol, is commonly used in sugar-free candies and chewing gums. It causes diarrhea and other bowel problems. For this reason, an individual with IBS should avoid consuming artificial sweeteners.
One of the main reasons for IBS, like most issues relating to the body is self-induced. By this I mean you are the cause of the results of what food you eat. Many people regrettably, hurriedly eat their meals and do not get proper digestion of their food. Likewise people tend to eat far too much junk food, take away food, crisps and quick sweet treats.
- First: Fiber that is incompletely or slowly absorbed promotes normal bowl function and treats constipation.
- This type of fiber also helps prevent diverticulosis and diverticulitis.
- It supplies relief from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) which is also on the rise.
- Second: Fiber-rich foods are processed more slowly by the body.
- This is a great benefit if you're trying to lose weight!
- When foods process more slowly, you feel 'pleased' or 'full' much faster than normal.
- This makes it easy to eat less at mealtime.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) includes a group of health conditions, which causes pain and discomfort in the intestinal tract.
- The most common symptoms of IBS include abdominal pain, stomach pain, bloating, constipation, and diarrhea.
- It is estimated that one out of every five Americans suffers from the signs of this syndrome.
- Though IBS disturbs the typical day-to-day activities, it hardly ever causes long-term health complications.
Diverticulitis seems to be the new "Disease of the Year", in the media. Everywhere you turn you're hearing more doctors and medical studies say "More people in the world have either diverticulitis or diverticulosis than before!" But how many of them are telling you effective and easy ways to stop it? Certainly few.
Lactose is a component of milk thus present in many dairy products. Many individuals are naturally not able to digest lactose. This is due to the fact that they lack an enzyme called lactase which is necessary for lactose digestion. The failure to digest lactose is called lactose intolerance. When a lactose-intolerant individual happens to have it, he or she often experiences swelling in the stomach, diarrhea, nausea, bloating, abdominal cramps, and gas.
- Flatulence can end up being a cause of social embarrassment when there is increased passage of foul-smelling gas.
- The bad smell is attributed to the presence of skatole, indole, and sulfur compounds.
- Some people might even lose voluntary control over the passage of flatus.
- Celiac Disease: It is an autoimmune disorder, impacting the small intestine.
- People experience severe side effects on consuming gluten-containing foods.
Dos and Do N'ts
The treatment of flatulence usually includes the use of antacids, digestive enzymes, simethicone, bismuth subsalicylate, activated charcoal supplements, etc. Following certain measures will certainly show beneficial.
- But why do they form?
- And why "now more than ever"?
- It's not your fault!
- Just take a look around at the foods readily available to everyone.
- They have lots of refined flour and there isn't a great deal of 'whole grain' that tastes delicious as an option for you.
- The combination of inadequate liquid throughout the day, together with not enough soluble and insoluble fiber adds up to digestive problem.
Causes of Gurgling Intestines All of us have, at sometime or the other, faced the problem of gurgling intestinal tracts. Sometimes, the noises can be loud enough for others to hear it too. Most of us have the tendency to associate the gurgling sound with an empty stomach, due to...
Stomach distention is another symptom which can be observed. One might develop consistent swelling on the abdomen that looks irregular. One may even have a feeling of fullness at all times due to the perforated colon. This leads to loss of appetite. One might even develop a fever of over 102 F and above, in addition to chills.
- Antibiotics such as Metronidazole and Vancomycin - there are others - are effective at dealing with IBS symptoms of constipation or diarrhea.
- This suggests that an over-production of bacteria in the intestines may be the root cause of IBS.
Heartburn disease can be treated with the help of medication. However, it is important to make changes in your lifestyle if you wish to get rid of it permanently. In order to deal with irritable bowel syndrome, it is necessary to treat its symptoms individually. There are medications readily available to treat irregularity, diarrhea, nausea, and stomach pain. However, you should keep in mind that irritable bowel syndrome can not be cured permanently. But, making changes in way of life and food habits can help reduce severity and frequency of the disease.
There are no specific reasons for IBS. According to medical studies, it was revealed that a majority of the patients with this bowel disorder have a sensitive or an overactive intestinal tract. The diagnosis of IBS is done based on the physical examination and medical history of the patient. In order to rule out other medical conditions, the physician may think about performing blood tests and stool test. The symptoms of IBS can be controlled effectively by managing stress, diet, and lifestyle changes.
Right flank pain during pregnancy can be caused due to an ectopic pregnancy. This is one common reason for flank pain episodes in women, and it can be easily identified with a pelvic ultrasound. Endometriosis is a condition in which the tissue-- similar to the lining of the uterus-- is found in the pelvic cavity. The most common symptom of endometriosis is pelvic and flank pain. Ovarian cysts, sometimes are accountable for flank pain in women.
The gastrointestinal disorders may add to cause, or be the sole cause of causing severe pain in the flank region. Peptic ulcers, food poisoning, gastroenteritis, and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) are a few of the major offenders to affect the area. Primarily, it is when your digestive system suffers a persistent disorientation that neck and back pain, resulting in discomfort in the region, may take place. Queasiness, feeling lightheaded, regurgitation, and acid reflux are the accompanying symptoms.
The first part of the colon which is connected with the small intestine is referred to as caecum. The portion in between the caecum and rectum is referred to as colon which is divided into four parts, ascending, transverse, coming down, and sigmoid colon. Colon function includes holding waste products and reabsorbing water from wastes to maintain water balance in the body. Numerous friendly bacteria grow in the colon, and help boost the process of digestion. They play an important role in suppressing the growth of harmful bacteria. They help convert undigested food products into easily passable stools. When the food is completely digested, and when it moves forward through the colon, it changes its form, and obtains dark brown color.
- Laxative Use Excessive use of laxatives also results in green bowels.
- This is since the laxative causes the bowels movements to happen very quickly, thereby causing the bowel to wind up with discolored wastes.
- For numerous, their IBS symptoms are intensified by stress or emotional conflict.
- Research into this area has to yield any clear correlation, and stress is not considered a cause of IBS.
- However, stress management can form an important part of IBS treatment.
Stay away from caffeine!! Drink lots and lots of water Focus on food allergies and sensitivities; especially lactose intolerance Avoid alcohol, soda, dairy products, high sugar and fatty foods (processed foods), and veggies like broccoli, cauliflower and brussels sprouts which can increase gassiness Eat smaller meals at a slower pace throughout the day as opposed to inhaling a couple of large meals Consume food high in dietary fiber Integrate natural beneficial germs into your everyday routine. Try to find a gentle, natural liquid probiotic that is dairy, wheat, and soy-free. Low stress lifestyle - can't emphasize this enough. Try yoga, breathing exercises, a massage, etc. - whatever helps you wind down. Preserve active physical fitness levels.
Diagnosis and Treatment
Finding out the exact cause behind this issue is a challenging task. This is because the characteristics of different kinds of intestinal discomfort are very similar to each other. Even the accompanying symptoms can not be distinguished quickly from one another. Initially, the doctor aims to identify the trigger by physical examination of the abdomen and studying the nature of the pain. Then different laboratory tests, such as, radiological tests, endoscopy, etc. are done to validate their findings.
Apart from prescribing the usual medications needed for pain relief, doctors treat the underlying infection or any other disease, responsible for the pain. Foods high in fiber should be included in the meals in order to enhance the bowel movements. Drinking of a lot of water and other liquids are likewise encouraged. There are some limitations concerning the food to be consumed by the client. One should keep away from fatty foods, spicy foods, citrus fruits, caffeine, alcohol, carbonated drinks, etc.
- Other Causes: Some infections caused by protozoan parasites giardiasis and amoebiasis can be responsible for this condition.
- Some other underlying health problems like gallbladder illness, liver disease, diabetes, and malnutrition are the other extreme diarrhea causes.
Advantages According to most manufacturers, there countless benefits of flaxseed oil that are evident due to its dense nutritional value and calories. It has a great deal of healing properties, and for this reason, the massage of flaxseed oil is found beneficial for the treatment of bruises, pressures and sprains. This oil also contains various essential fatty acids that work for lowering blood cholesterol levels, and improving the health of the cardiovascular system. It is also useful for the treatment of osteosclerosis, angina, hypertension, various types of arthritis, etc.
Is also found useful for digestive health. It is used as a cure or home remedy for digestive system problems like irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), inflamed intestine, intestinal swelling, irregularity, etc. Flaxseed oil is also beneficial for numerous skin problems like eczema, dry eyes, acne, psoriasis and rosacea. It is also found effective in the treatment of Sjogren's syndrome, which is a kind of autoimmune disorder. Apart from all the above mentioned health benefits, this oil is also practical for various problems related to ladies's health, like pre menopause and post menopause syndrome.
Licorice roots are otherwise known as sweet wood, sweet root, black sugar, and liquorice. The most common use of licorice root is for treating respiratory problems, like bronchitis and asthma. It is also widely used as an expectorant, and is an active ingredient in cough syrups. It is found to be effective for easing the symptoms of allergic conditions, like hay fever and allergic rhinitis.
- Costochondritis Costochondritis is a condition where the cartilages connecting the ribs with the breast bone are infected and swollen.
- It is caused due to a viral infection, and it causes sharp gnawing pain under the left rib cage, more so while breathing deeply.
- The symptoms of costochondritis are often confused with that of a heart attack.
- Medical examination can help detect the circumstance.
Complete Cure for Colitis, Ulcerative Colitis and all other stomach Problems Part 1 - Baba Ramdev
Today 50% of people are suffering from colitis and IBS. Colitis is a disease in which you eat the food and you feel like excreting it out, there is huge abdomen ...
- Crohn's Disease: It is an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), characterized by inflammation in the lining of the digestive tract.
- Genetics and inappropriate functioning of the immune system are believed to be the possible causes.
During IBS, individual may switch in between diarrhea and constipation. People with diarrhea face frequent, watery, loose stool which are hard to control. They will have an urgent need to have a bowel movement. Whereas, people with constipation might find hard to pass stool or usually have few bowel movements. They often feel the need to pass stool. People with constipation may feel the cramps with bowel movement. For some people symptoms may get worse enemy couple of days or weeks and then gradually reduce whereas in some symptoms are present the majority of the time. There are chances the individual experiencing IBS lose his/her appetite.
- Fiber isn't really the only thing.remember the above points?
- Chia Seeds have you covered on all five points.
- You can even literally see the viscous (resembles a gelatin or gummy) fibers on the outside when you make Chia gel.
- These help lower blood cholesterol and normalize blood glucose and insulin levels.
- It's time to feel full longer, lower your cholesterol, and clean up any colon problems!
- Chia Seeds are incredibly easy to use.
- They have no flavor of their own, so you can add them to anything you already like to eat.
- They are allowed to hydrate in a liquid food (like yogurt, juice or cola) they will take on the taste of that food.
- In cooking, because of their ability to distribute flavors, they can actually make the food more flavorful!
- A tablespoon of Chia a day is generally what many people need.
- Chia seeds are incredibly safe and simple to use, so you do not need to worry about having too much.
- The seeds also contain essential micro-nutrients, omega 3 healthy oils and b-vitamins.
- No fiber alternative can do all of that, while tasting as great and being as versatile as Chia.
- When you add Chia to your meals, you're guaranteeing that you and your family are getting the fiber your body requires.
- NOW is the time to take control of your digestive health, and the easiest answer is Chia.
Damion is a lead writer at zoejo.com, a site about health, lifestyle and fitness. Previously, Damion worked as a advertising guru at a well-known tech software web site. When he's not scouting for new content, Damion enjoys skydiving and rock climbing.