Ibs Self Help Forum: Left Side Abdominal Pain
The abdomen is an area of the body that houses the stomach, liver, appendix, and some other important organs. It has the ribs on the top and the hips at the bottom. Stomach pain is a common occurrence, and almost every specific experiences it when in their lifetime. However, persistent or acute pain should not be taken lightly, and immediate medical attention must be sought. Left side abdominal pain can occur due to a number of reasons. It might be activated due to injury to the organs, like the spleen, stomach, blood vessels, and nerves on the left side of the abdomen, or the left part of paired organs, like the kidney, ureters, adrenal gland, ovary, etc. Additionally, such pain could also indicate some serious disease or infection.
Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD): This is an infection brought on by the bacteria gonorrhea or chlamydia, where mucus discharge in urine from urethra (a tube like passage that provides a way for the urine to move out of the body) is spotted. As a result, the urine appears yellow and is not at all clear.
Psyllium Husk Psyllium husk is derived from the gel-coated seeds of a herb called Plantago ovata. It has a high fiber content, as well as absorbs water, consequently ensuring the passage of stools. It is also effective when it comes to reducing the signs of irritable bowel syndrome, diarrhea, piles, etc. While taking fresh psyllium husk or the powdered version, drink sufficient amounts of water. You can also take psyllium seeds to clean your colon.
Crohn's illness is another type of inflammatory bowel illness that is defined by the inflammation of the intestinal system. The specific reason for Crohn's disease is unidentified, however it is believed that the inflammation could be an abnormal response of the body immune system. Genetics and ecological aspects could contribute in the advancement of this condition. Crohn's disease has the tendency to run in households, and those who have a family history of this persistent inflammatory condition are more likely to get affected. The typical signs of this condition consist of consistent diarrhea, stomach discomfort, cramps, loss of appetite, weight-loss, fatigue, rectal bleeding, etc. The patients may develop anal cracks (tear in the lining of the anus) or fistula (a little channel that establishes between the anal canal and the skin around the anus).
Fiber is not causing this condition, you need to get rid of one food item at a time from your diet and check if that food item was responsible for the very same. By doing this, you will have the ability to zero in on the foods that cause for this condition to happen and handle them.
Injury to the back or the vertebrae is among the most typical causes. It can be caused due to strain in the muscles triggered due to muscle pull or twist. Second of all, sprain caused due to unexpected twisting or wrenching of the ligaments likewise causes abrupt lower back pain.
Ulcerative Colitis: Ulcerative colitis is colitis where the swelling is an outcome of autoimmune function where the immune system has actually started attacking the colon. This then triggers the look of lots of ulcers on the colon in addition to the damaged function. In severe cases treatment for ulcerative colitis is surgical treatment (colectomy) but in immunotherapy can be used in order to prevent the immune system from switching on the colon.
The liver plays many important roles in the body. It actively takes part in metabolizing vitamins, minerals, proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. It converts glucose to glycogen and assists in the storage of glycogen, minerals and vitamin. It also plays an important role in blood purification and cleansing. It likewise synthesizes plasma protein and blood clotting agents.
Basic diagnostic tests will ensure if a person is dealing with a bacterial infection. A blood test, or urinalysis might be carried out to comprehend the kind of infection and in order to recommend proper treatment. If the need emerges, your medical professional may order for culture test of the tissue to further the line of treatment. Many bacterial infections that are moderate get treated on their own, however in extreme cases, the healthcare provider will recommend prescription antibiotics to treat the condition.
- Causes Urinary Tract Infection (UTI): A bacterial infection including the urinary system can cause mucus in urine.
- The kidneys, bladder, urethra, and the ureters are the elements of a urinary system.
- Although any organ can get affected, usually the bacteria invades the bladder first and then slowly spread to the other parts of the urinary system.
- Pain while urinating is the most common symptom of UTI.
If you feel that the cause for stomach swelling in your case is IBS, then you can bring about particular changes in your diet plan to get relief. First of all, increase the intake of fiber in your diet. Fiber is present in abundance in fruits and vegetables. Make sure that you have at least three servings of fruits and vegetables daily. This will prove to be of great assistance in treating IBS at home.
Bacterial Infections and Bowel Obstruction There are numerous types of bacterial infection such as salmonella, shigella, and yersinia, etc., that can contaminate the mucous membrane of intestine. Such infection can cause excessive mucus to pass with stool. Bowel obstruction problems such as constipation can lead to the presence of mucus in stools. They are also accompanied by severe abdominal cramps, fever, and throwing up.
How to heal your thyroid and adrenals
How to heal your thyroid and adrenal glands. The thyroid and adrenals have a reciprocal relationship. When Adrenal activity is high, thyroid activity is low and ...
- What You Can Do Constipation is not good.
- Treat your system like a tankard; drain plenty of fluids.
- High-fiber foods are a great help, too, in order to avoid the dreaded bloating.
There are numerous pharmaceutical companies that develop and sell stool softeners for dealing with constipation. Considering that the use of stool softeners could trigger side effects like nausea, stomach cramps, diarrhea, throat inflammation (in case of oral liquid), etc,. people choose to follow home remedies and self-care tips to take on the issue of hard stools. Unlike a few of the chemically-formulated stool softeners, home remedies are relatively safe and do not pose long-term health risks. Here are some of the effective home remedies for treating constipation.
Often, cysts are formed in the ovaries in women, better known as ovarian cysts. Existence of cysts in the left ovary triggers mild to severe left side abdominal pain. Many-a-times, surgical treatment is carried out to get rid of the cysts from the ovary. Ovarian cyst is one of the mot common cause of left side abdominal pain in women.
This is a kind of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) that affects the large intestine and anus. It leads to ulcers in the colon, which in turn might give rise to signs such as bloody stool, existence of pus and mucus in the stool, rectal pain, stomach discomfort and cramping, weight loss, diarrhea, urgency to defecate, failure to pass stool despite the urgency to defecate, etc.
. Boost Fluid Consumption
Improving digestion is the key to prevent smelly burps. For good digestive health, it is necessary to increase intake of fluids, especially water. Adequate consumption of water helps digestion, which may contribute to minimize the episodes of sulfur burps.
Bowel Movement Problems Problems related to the bowel movement trigger a good deal of pain and impact your day-to-day life. Generally, they occur due to numerous factors such as unhealthy diet plan, parasitic infection, particular illness, etc. The best ways to Get Rid...
Digestive Issues in Older Children
Irregularity: In this condition, children have infrequent bowel movements. Its symptoms are hard stools, which are difficult to pass. Stool withholding, absence of fiber in diet, and adverse effects of medicines are the most common causes of constipation. Constipation in children can be relieved and routine bowel movements can be brought back by consisting of lots of fiber-rich foods in their diet.
- Mucus is a viscous colloid, yellow in color, which takes place in various organs of the body, consisting of the lungs and the large intestine.
- The mucous membrane is responsible for mucous production.
- The mucous safeguards the inner wall of the intestinal tract and lubes the passage of stool for easy removal.
- Normally urine is a clear fluid, nevertheless the presence of mucus in urine can make it cloudy.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome The major reason for a swollen stomach is irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). It is one of the most common food poisonings. It involves an irregular condition of gut contractions. The particular symptoms are abdominal pain, mucus in stools, bloating, and irregular bowel habits with rotating diarrhea and constipation. IBS is definitely uneasy and disturbing but it does not lead to any more medical complications.
- Salmonella: This pathogen can trigger salmonella gastrointestinal disorder.
- Salmonella infection, often is triggered due to polluted poultry products, like raw eggs.
Treatment will start just after the underlying cause has been found out. The doctor will ask the patient for symptoms, which may help to detect the cause. In case, it is not a serious problem, home remedies like avoiding gas-causing foods and following good consuming habits can assist to prevent and treat stomach belching.
- Take your own time to chew your food.
- Do not swallow it.
- Whenever you gulp a morsel, think of the damage you are doing to your digestive system and to your appearance.
- Thinking of the latter works better for the bulk.
Unchecked consumption of alcohol affects the liver and is also bad for health. By the time the signs of ALD surface, one may already be in an advanced stage of the disease. It is best to drink in moderation and have a healthy diet as obesity has been found to increase the risk of alcoholic liver disease among heavy drinkers.
- Urachal Cancer: Urachal cancer, also referred to as bladder cancer, involves unlimited development of abnormal cells in the bladder.
- This malignant growth, noticed in the urinary bladder, is a rare form of cancer that can also trigger unusual urine output.
- Urine samples of people diagnosed with urachal cancer have been tested.
- The test discovered presence of mucus, and thus today doctors regard occasional mucus in urine as a symptom of urachal cancer.
- Extreme usage of green vegetables might result in green bowel movement which is thought about as typical.
- Consumption of some medications, supplements, or gastrointestinal disorder may lead to green stools.
- Kids sometimes eat chalks or wax colors.
- In that case, green stool may be observed.
- Most of the times, green stools suggest dysfunction of colon.
- Diarrhea can be referred to as a condition where loose defecation take place due to some problem in the intestinal tracts.
- Lots of people incorrectly presume it to be an illness, however actually it is a sign that shows an underlying health problem in the body.
- When the loose bowel movements occur numerous times in a day, then it is thought about as excessive diarrhea.
- It is frequently accompanied by bloating, queasiness, vomiting, stomach discomfort, loss of appetite, etc.
- When a big quantity of fluid is lost from the body, excessive diarrhea triggers dehydration.
The Best Ways to Take in
Take 1 tbsp. fenugreek seeds and soak them in water for at least an hour. Make a paste of soaked seeds and consume it with a glass of warm water. Boil the seeds numerous times to get rid of the bitter taste. Take 1 tsp. of seeds followed by a glass of water, before bedtime.
- Soluble fiber supplements: These supplements are produced by pharmaceutical business and are based upon different varieties of fiber.
- Psyllium is one such type.
- It is a soluble plant fiber.
- Numerous widely known fiber supplements such as Metamucil and Konsyl are based upon psyllium.
- It is understood to ease irregularity and is also a dietary fiber supplement for IBS (irritable bowel syndrome).
- Methylcellulose and guar gum are other examples of plant fiber, which form the basis of artificial fiber supplements.
- A popular synthetic fiber is calcium polycarbophil.
- The drugs called Fibercon and Equalactin are made with it.
So, what is a nervous breakdown exactly? It can be called a sign of a specific psychiatric condition. This condition is seen as an acute emotional or mental collapse of a person. The specific develops loss of interest in all activities. He/she experiences signs such as confusion, disorientation, uncontrollable crying, etc. The individual may also lose his confidence and self-esteem. In severe cases, catatonic posturing is seen. In this condition, the person is unable to move. Nervous breakdown is a term that we have the tendency to use loosely in our daily lives. For example, you might hear a student say, 'I almost had a nervous breakdown the minute I heard I may not be able to get into the school's basketball team!. This statement implies a state of 'anxiety' or 'sudden panic' one experiences.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome The exact cause of IBS is not known, but it is believed that in case of people affected by this digestive condition, the nerves in the intestine might be too sensitive. Affected people experience symptoms such as abdominal cramping, bloating, modification in bowel habits, etc. Some people may experience constipation, while others may get affected by diarrhea. At times, the affected individual may often experience diarrhea, and constipation at other times. The symptoms might appear soon after meals. Other symptoms of IBS include the feeling of incomplete evacuation of the bowel and the existence of whitish mucus in the stool.
Foods for Irritable Bowel Syndrome Some believe that they can just eat boring or dull food when struggling with IBS, however that is not real. Depending upon the intensity of your irritable bowel syndrome, you might find that just a couple of foods cause problems. In general, there are only a few foods that you must prevent if you want to stop a flare-up. These foods frequently trigger problems in numerous clients suffering from the condition.
- All these aspects disrupt the rhythm of chyme movement from the stomach through the digestive system to the rectum.
- So, this triggers the contents of the colon to relocate an irregular method.
- The chyme may move too quickly, or might not move at all.
- However, the condition does not raise any major or serious issues, and can be quickly managed.
Irregularity is referred to as either an acute or chronic condition in which bowel movements occur less often than regular. It may or may not include hard, dry stools that cause discomfort while losing consciousness. This causes the stomach to swell. Although irregularity is not a severe medical condition, it may lead to grave complications, such as bowel blockage, chronic constipation, piles, hernia, laxative dependency, etc.