Chat Room For Ibs: Pain Under Left Rib Cage
The chest, also referred to as the thoracic cage, is one of the core and most fragile parts of the human skeletal system. 24 bony structures called ribs, costal cartilages, 12 thoracic vertebrae and the breast bone, all are parts that consist of the chest. A part of the human respiratory system, this bony and cartilaginous structure surrounds the thoracic cavity, which consists of the lungs. It is an essential part of the human body and any pain in this region can be of serious concern, as it may indicate some serious medical condition or injury.
Some Details on Diarrhea
If a person suffers from an increase in the frequency of bowel movements or if he experiences more than normal looseness of stool, he is said to suffer from diarrhea. Along with stools, a large volume of water will also be expelled. In most cases, this condition lasts just for a few days, but sometimes may last for as long as two weeks or longer. The conditions which are generally seen with diarrhea are: If you have diarrhea, it is important that you drink a lot of water and keep yourself well hydrated.
Adding Salts to Water Will Guarantee You are Not Dehydrated
Often it is seen that people who have diarrhea also suffer from dehydration. You need not rush to the doctor immediately as diarrhea goes away on its own. However, in case of dehydration, vomiting, severe abdominal pain, fever or bloody stools, you will have to seek help from your health care professional. Remember not to self deal with the condition and let the doctor do the diagnosis of the condition.
- This is not an exhaustive list).
- Appendicitis: It is the swelling of the appendix.
- It is a serious condition, which requires immediate surgical removal of the appendix.
- Stomach Cancer (Stomach cancer): As the name suggests, it happens when malignant cells grow in the stomach.
- It is difficult to identify at an early stage as its symptoms are similar to other digestive system illness.
People who are unable to tolerate usage of food products that contain gluten are stated to suffer from celiac disease. Gluten is a type of protein in wheat products, oats and rye. When patients diagnosed with celiac disease include gluten products in their diet, it hurts inner lining of the small intestine and is accompanied by bad digestion, extreme gas and stomach discomfort.
Some doctors are in fact prescribing antidepressants and mood-elevating drugs such as Elavil and Prozac, believing that this will be helpful if the client's flare-ups are psychological driven. The relationship between the brain and the gut are well known and is being studied and may prove to be legitimate but when you study the potential side effects of these mind-altering drugs, it can be a blessing to have a natural alternative.
- Moderate stomach problems normally do not need medical intervention and can be cured with little changes in your diet and way of life.
- In addition to a healthy diet, it is necessary to invest a long time for workouts.
- In spite of this, if the problem persists, you may have to look for a proper medical treatment.
Stomach pain can be considered as one of the most common physical discomforts. Practically everybody of you need to have experienced it at some point of time during your life. From babies to older people, everybody goes through periodic bouts of stomach pain. There are numerous causes why abdominal pain originates in the first place. It is mainly aggravated after eating. However, lower left abdominal pain after eating is quite unusual.
- Cholestasis: It takes place due to improper bile formation or bile flow.
- Causes include alcoholic liver illness, pancreatitis, cancer of pancreas, hepatitis, etc
- Treatment: This condition can be dealt with by medications like Lansoprazole, Esomeprazole or Dexlansoprazole.
- It is also a good idea to avoid food that causes heartburn or heartburn.
Treatment: Taking antacids and other drugs to reduce stomach acid can be of help. Avoiding hot and spicy food is a must. Diverticulitis. Diverticulitis is characterized by small, bulging sacs or pouches of the inner lining of the intestinal tract (diverticulosis) that become infected. It generally affects elderly people, about the age of 60. People experiencing it experience bloating, constipation and pain under the lower chest.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): It is identified by a wide variety of symptoms like stomach pain, abdominal cramps, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, etc
- The digestive pain may be accompanied with gas and flatulence at times.
- The stool may also contain mucous.
Eat Small Meals
6 small meals instead of three full-course meals is appreciated by your system. Now, this does not mean you cut down on amount and the calories required by your body and required by your way of life. Your meals need to be in accordance with the aforementioned factors.
- Indigestion: Also called dyspepsia, it is a condition caused due to problem in absorbing food.
- It is a sign of numerous other diseases.
Irregularity is Defined by Hardening of Stools
As a result, more pressure and effort needs to be put in, to pass stools. It leads to annoying pain in the stomach, more so under the rib cage. Indigestion is also another common reason for the pain. A pain that starts unexpectedly can be linked to indigestion. It is generally preceded by constant burping.
Few Reasons for Irritating Digestive Syndrome:
Food hypersensitive reactions are a normal origin of IBS. So if you go through any of the above explained indications then you must examine with your physician for meals hypersensitive reactions. Keeping a meals record will help you to recognize the meals that you are hypersensitive to quickly.
- Treatment: Proper diet plan and avoiding food that causes indigestion and constipation would help in easing the discomfort.
- High fiber diet is recommended if you are suffering from constipation.
Treatment: In case of a moderate costochondritis, non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen or aspirin can help. If the condition in chronic or serious, then opioid drugs like hydrocodone or oxycodone, or antidepressant medication like amitriptyline, might be used. It is suggested to take plentiful of rest and restrain from any demanding activity while recovering from this condition.
- Lemon Soda If you are going to have a big meal with a lot of fried, processed foods, you can sip lemon soda throughout your meal.
- Lemon soda avoids the development of gas and hence, eliminates you of bloated stomach after eating.
- However, make it a point to sip on little parts of soda instead of gulping it down at the same time.
Intolerance to Certain Foods
There are certain food products which can be responsible for a bloated stomach. Vegetables, such as broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts, cabbages, onions, and garlic are known to cause a bloated stomach. Some dairy products as well as wheat, also may cause this condition. Excessive consumption of food products which consist of the protein gluten cause bloating, too. This protein acts notorious as it produces a lot of gas. If you have actually started following a high-fiber diet just recently, it is encouraged that you stop this diet for a while. You can reestablish the fiber, however, gradually, so that you do not have a bloated stomach. However, do not avoid fiber from your diet plan totally.
- Hemorrhoids: It is a condition identified by swollen veins in the anal region.
- Piles or stacks can be internal or external, and can be painful.
- Some anti-spasmodic drugs may help to relieve the pain of IBS, as they slow the contractions in the bowel.
- Antidepressants are also known to be effective when it comes to reducing discomfort (and also diarrhoea).
There are certain parasite such as protozoa which often leads to Diarrhoea. There is normally a loss of sodium and chloride loss which results in diarrhoea. The diarrhea leads to infection in the body. Some parasites also have the tendency to thrive in the upper small intestine which also leads to gas and bloating. The issue ends up being more acute when things which are difficult o digest are being taken. This kind of acute gastrointestinal problems can sometime take place for numerous months.
- Alcoholic Liver Disease: As the name suggests, it is caused due to excess consumption of alcohol.
- The different types of alcoholic liver disease are alcoholic cirrhosis, alcoholic fatty liver disease, and alcoholic hepatitis.
- Meckel's Diverticulum: This is a genetic abnormality.
- It is a small bulge at the lower portion of the small intestine.
- It can lead to symptoms like stomach pain, gastrointestinal bleeding, etc
- The signs for IBS can be quite opposite at times like diarrhea.
- The patient may also have symptoms of intestinal cramps sometimes.
- Gas in the Colon Also called the splenic flexure syndrome, it is another cause of discomfort under the left rib cage.
- Extreme gas gets caught in the colon and it causes pain and discomfort.
Treatment: If detected with a serious cracked or broken rib, it is recommended to speak with a doctor right away and get a surgical treatment scheduled. You need to also get a CT or MRI scan done to rule out any nerve damage. If the crack is small, it usually heals on its own in a month or two. You can use pain killers to relieve the pain. In any case, it is very important to consult your doctor first.
- Causes Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): This disorder affects the lower portion of the intestinal tract.
- An unusual contraction in the muscles of the digestive wall often causes irritable bowel syndrome.
- This condition avoids the routine bowel movements.
- As an outcome, these patients experience rotating bouts of constipation and diarrhea along with the abdominal pain.
- The exact cause behind this abnormality is not clearly understood.
- A few of its common triggers include stress, hormone changes and imbalance of good and bad bacteria in the intestinal tract.
- In some cases, the sensitive nerves of the intestines become tensed and increase the chance of IBS.
Advantages of Papaya Enzyme
Though the benefits of papain exist in plenty, they were not known until the 1870s; that's roughly about a century after the effectiveness of papaya as a medical herb was acknowledged. After its discovery, it was subjected to substantial research, which established its numerous benefits; the treatment of digestive problems being just one of them. As in the case of other nutritional supplements, an overdose of papaya enzyme can lead to some negative effects, and for this reason, it is necessary to have it in moderation; preferably, after consulting a doctor or dietitian. Experts suggest adding a small amount of papaya enzyme, or the papaya fruit itself, to the daily diet. Even in little doses, it can take on various disorders and keep you healthy in the long run.
Irritable bowel syndrome is a condition in which a number of gastrointestinal (GI) disruptions like abdominal pain, flatulence, and modified bowel habits become a regular feature of the lives of those affected with it.
Stabbing Pain in Stomach The term abdominal pain is often used for referring to the pain felt in the stomach region. The intensity of the pain could range from mild to severe. Pain could be felt for a brief period or may even be constant or lasting. The pain could be...
Factors for Pain Under the Left Rib
Injured/cracked or Fractured Rib Cracked or fractured rib caused by accidents or severe blow/impact in that area, is one of the major reasons for pain under the left rib cage. It causes excruciating pain that intensifies with deep breathing. Such a serious injury requires immediate medical intervention. If you are experiencing such pain, it is always smart to get an x-ray done to determine the state.
Inactive Lifestyle. If workout is at the bottom of your priority list everyday, then you are most likely to suffer from indigestion that is normally marked by nausea, bloated stomach, gas and belly sound.
Kidney stones can come from either of the kidneys and cause pain in them. Discomfort in the left one symbolizes stone in the left kidney. The pain usually starts from the back and spreads to the front.
- Treatment: Antibiotics prescribed by a physician can heal the ulcer and help to get relieved of the signs.
- Constipation and Indigestion
- Tea A piping hot cup of tea gives you an instantaneous relief from all the stomach ailments.
- Herbal tea and green tea are also effective in curing gastrointestinal problems.
To be assured of its signs, it happens in a different way with the various personalities. It depends from person to person. It can negatively be a lifelong condition causing some people to lose their potential of working, taking a trip, performing any social work and associating with any other activates. However, its main symptoms are the fullness, gas, blotting and abdominal pain etc. that will go for 3 days or numerous months. The people suffering from IBS can alternatively switch to diarrhea and constipations.
People, suffering from diarrhea, face frequent loose, watery stools and one who suffers from constipation will have a hard time passing stool, as well as fewer defecation. They can not discharge any stool or only a small amount. On the assessment of your doctor for the treatment of IBS, the doctors might check on the basis of the symptoms you describe to him or the pathological test or no test. Specifically there is no any particular test for checking the IBS and ultimately if doctor ask you for blood test, it is nothing but just to make it clear if you have celiac disease or a low blood count (anemia) or stool test to be ensured about the infections.
Heartburn or Acid Reflux
Another common but less severe reason for pain under the left rib cage is heartburn or acid reflux. It is often caused when you consume excessive acidic food or drinks. It often gives a bloated sensation and a sharp pain that seems like chest pains.
Despite the fact that there are treatments available for pancreas problems, you must take preventive procedures to prevent it. You need to give up smoking and consumption of alcohol. Finally, also note that having a healthy diet and lifestyle also assists in prevention of numerous diseases and disorders. Make sure!
- Hiatal Hernia: It takes place when a part of stomach protrudes upwards through the diaphragm.
- It is commonly observed in older people.
Due to the fact that of these finding scientists believe they may be a link here to colon cancer prevention. As well, prebiotics might help reduce symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease, help manage weight, lower cholesterol, balance blood sugar, and speed up waste transit time.
- Inguinal Hernia: It takes place when a part of the abdominal cavity protrudes through the inguinal canal.
- It causes a bulge in the area which can be painful.
The area between the breastbone or thorax and the pelvic bone is called abdomen. The part above the navel is referred to as upper abdominal area and the one below it is called lower abdomen. It is the largest cavity in the human body. The abdominal area consists of lots of crucial body structures, like the kidneys, liver, pancreas, etc. An issue in any of them may result in abdominal pain. There can be a number of factors that can lead to left side abdominal pain. Sometimes, pain due to a particular disorder on the right side of the abdomen, radiates to the left side. It makes the detection of the correct reason behind abdominal pain a tough job. Some important ones are pointed out here:
Lactose intolerance is a condition, in which, body is incapable of producing an enzyme called lactase, which is required for the breaking down of lactose. Lactose is a milk sugar, found in all dairy products. When you experience abdominal pain after consuming dairy products, then most likely it is due to lactose intolerance.
- Spleen Inflammation Sometimes, pain under the left rib cage might be caused due to tear or burst of the spleen.
- Discomfort in the extreme ends of the shoulders may also be a sign of spleen rupture.
Treatment: this Condition Requires Immediate Medical Intervention
Usually, surgery is the only option. Irritable Bowel Syndrome Irritable bowel syndrome is a common cause of pain under the left rib cage. It is caused by overeating or absence of fiber-rich foods, and enough water in the diet. In this condition, the digestive organs are affected as they are not able to produce digestive enzymes that assist in the breaking down of food into basic compounds. It disrupts the typical bowel movement by causing constipation or diarrhea. Other symptoms of this condition are bloating and cramps in the intestinal tract.
- Jaundice: It is caused due to excessive building up of bilirubin in blood.
- It is quickly identified as the skin turns visibly yellowish.
- Liver Abscesses: It is formation of pus in the liver.
- It can be a potentially dangerous condition.
Colitis: It is the Swelling of the Colon
It can be severe or chronic. Irregularity: It is a condition where a person has a trouble in passing stools as they are hard and dry. Irregularity is also characterized by passing stools less than three times a week.
THE BACHELORETTE IN MINECRAFT (Maricraft: Block of Love)
SUBSCRIBE ▻▻ http://smo.sh/SubscribeSmoshGames CHRISTMAS MARICRAFT ▻▻http://smo.sh/MC-EvilSantaFinale OUTLASTER PLAYLIST ...
- Signs of Irritable bowel syndrome: There are a number of symptoms for Irritable bowel syndrome.
- Constipation is one major factor for IBS.
- It might bring with it lots of other pains like bloating and abdominal pain.
- Discomfort in the abdomen is also a very common symptom of IBS.
- Anti-spasmodic medications are recommended for the stomach pains which may offer some relief for the muscle spasms.
Fast Foods and Carbonated Drinks
Consuming carbonated beverages exceedingly or stuffing on quick or fast food can also cause the stomach to rumble or growl. Junk foods are loaded with calories and for that reason no easy to digest. Thus, feasting on these fatty foods can cause indigestion and belly noise.
- Cystic Fibrosis: It is a genetic disorder, affecting the digestive system and lungs.
- When suffering from this disease, the mucus ends up being thick and can block airways, tubes, and ducts.
Pneumothorax Pneumothorax is a condition where the lung ruptures due to a tear in the lung membrane, and air leaks out and fills the cavity in between the lungs and the rib cage.
- Treatment: Preventing food that causes indigestion is a good idea.
- You can also try leaning on the back of a chair to get rid of the trapped gases.
- Antacid tablets, in addition to dietary changes, will assist in the condition.
- Abdominal cavity consists of various organs such as spleen, liver, kidneys, aorta, intestines, appendix etc.
- Abdominal discomfort can come from as an outcome of irregular performance of any of these organs.
- Nevertheless, there aren't lots of organs in the left lower quadrant of the abdominal cavity.
- For that reason, pain on lower left side of the abdomen is pretty rare after eating.
- There are some conditions that are known to induce this kind of pain after eating, which are as follows:
IBS Free Diet
Before you think about following diet plan you ought to be mindful that everyone has different tolerances and can respond badly to particular foods. So you need to customize your diet around your own personal information, but you can use this as a rough guideline.
So, all in all, mucus in stool during pregnancy is usually not a serious condition, but if mucous is excreted together with blood, the condition needs medical attention. You need to get in touch with a doctor so that you know the precise reason behind this condition.
- Liver Cirrhosis: It is caused when healthy tissues of the liver are replaced by scar tissues.
- Scarring is a steady non-reversible condition.
There are lots of health problems that can lead to liver pain. One of the causes is excessive consumption of alcohol that lead to liver cirrhosis. The discomfort due to cirrhosis is felt on the right side of the abdomen.
Liver Cancer: It is cancer that originates in the liver or spreads from other parts to the liver. It is also known as hepatic cancer. Liver Failure: Liver failure, or hepatic failure, is the damage of liver caused due to hepatitis, cirrhosis, use of certain drugs and medication, etc. It can be intense or chronic.
So, we see that pain under the left rib cage can be triggered due to various reasons, from stomach problems to inflammation of cartilage or other severe medical conditions. Depending on the cause, the treatment will differ. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you need to seek advice from a doctor immediately. A prompt diagnosis will help you to exact the cause, get effective treatment and avoid future problems.
Medications Apart from dietary modifications and workout, medications can be required at times to manage signs like irregularity, diarrhea, and abdominal cramps. Usually, a fiber-rich diet plan and adequate fluid intake need to help alleviate constipation. If these simple remedies fail to make sure regular bowel movements, then laxatives might be required. Examples of some commonly used laxatives are: