Corp Zelnorm: Bowel Movement Problems
Problems related to the defecation trigger a lot of discomfort and impact your day-to-day life. Generally, they occur due to numerous factors such as unhealthy diet plan, parasitic infection, particular illness, etc.
Promotes Blood Circulation
Poor blood circulation can cause a wide range of health issues, which may eventually become fatal. The arms and legs becoming weak or numb is one of the most common symptoms bad blood flow. Lotus root is a good source of iron; hence, its consumption on a regular basis can certainly help increase blood circulation, and even prevent blood disorders such as anemia.
The interior of the root shows a distinct hole pattern that spans its length. So, the pieces of the root show a great deal of holes, which is in fact visually appealing. The lotus root is often sliced prior to using. The following are some important health benefits and nutritional facts of the lotus root.
Crohn's Disease: Crohn's Disease is a Common Cause of Colitis
Crohn's disease is a condition which affects the whole of the digestive tract and this means that it can cause more different symptoms and side effects. In some cases Crohn's disease can cause serious problems as the immune system is malfunctioning and the body is no longer able to absorb nutrients to the same degree. Crohn's illness treatment is also more complex. Corticosteroids may be used to reduce swelling, but can not be used for prolonged periods due to side effects. Also surgery is not a cure as of course the whole of the of the digestive system can not possible be removed.
- Other Causes: Some infections caused by protozoan parasites giardiasis and amoebiasis can be responsible for this condition.
- Some other underlying health problems like gallbladder disease, liver disease, diabetes, and malnutrition are the other extreme diarrhea triggers.
- Costochondritis Costochondritis is a condition where the cartilages connecting the ribs with the breast bone are infected and irritated.
- It is caused due to a viral infection, and it causes sharp gnawing pain under the left rib cage, more so while breathing deeply.
- The signs of costochondritis are often confused with that of a heart attack.
- Medical examination can help identify the situation.
- Parasites such as fasciolopsis buski may be present in the lotus root.
- Hence, make sure that the edible root is well-cooked before usage, so as to prevent any sort of parasitic infections like fasciolopsiasis.
- Ways to Get Rid of Bloating After Consuming To conclude, bloating can trigger enormous discomfort and humiliation.
- Seek instant medical attention, if you are experiencing bloating regularly.
- In case of any hidden medical condition, early medical diagnosis and treatment would be useful.
- Nevertheless the mode of treatment might vary from one person to another, according to the underlying cause.
- Above all, routine workout and a healthy way of life can work marvels in preventing bloating.
The Colon is a Vital Part of the Digestive System
It is the last portion of this complex system, responsible for the crucial extraction of salt and water from solid waste, prior to excretion. The human colon consists of four areas. They are identified as the ascending, transverse, coming down, and the sigmoid segments. The development of polyps or abnormal tissue development within the colon is commonly observed in people who are overweight. Colon polyps are also observed in people who extensively indulge in smoking, a diet plan that is high in fat and low in fiber, as well as those who have a family history of the condition.
Folate mcg. Pantothenic Acid mg. Calcium mg. Iron mg. Magnesium mg. Phosphorus mg. Potassium mg. Sodium mg. Zinc mg. Copper mg.
- Barrett's Esophagus: It is a problem of GERD.
- People experiencing Barrett's Esophagus are at a high risk of experiencing esophageal cancer.
Aliens (Special Edition)
Get even more thrills and chills in Aliens: Special Edition, including eliminated scenes from the 1986 release.The terror continues as Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) ...
Licorice roots are otherwise known as sweet wood, sweet root, black sugar, and liquorice. The most common use of licorice root is for treating respiratory problems, like bronchitis and asthma. It is also widely used as an expectorant, and is an active ingredient in cough syrups. It is found to be effective for easing the signs of allergic conditions, like hay fever and allergic rhinitis.
Ways to Prevent Gurgling in Intestines The problem of gurgling intestines is not uncommon in people who led extremely stressful lives and follow an unhealthy diet. So, it is very important to eat the right foods, prevent processed food as much as possible, and drink lots of water to keep yourself free from excessive gurgling noises and many other stomach problems.
The gastrointestinal disorders may contribute to cause, or be the sole cause of resulting in severe pain in the flank region. Peptic ulcers, gastrointestinal disorder, gastroenteritis, and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) are a few of the major culprits to affect the area. Primarily, it is when your digestive system suffers a persistent disorientation that back pain, resulting in discomfort in the region, may take place. Nausea, feeling lightheaded, regurgitation, and acid reflux are the accompanying symptoms.
- However, people with irritable bowel syndrome or stomach ulcers must not consume this frequently.
- This is because, it is high in insoluble fiber, which can aggravate the IBS signs.
- Hence, you need to reduce the consumption of lotus root to keep IBS under control.
- Crohn's Disease: It is an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), characterized by inflammation in the lining of the intestinal tract.
- Genetics and incorrect functioning of the immune system are thought to be the possible causes.
Whether it's something you ate or a more serious gastrointestinal disease, signs of IBS can effect anybody and may seriously effect an individual's wellbeing. Comprehending the condition and knowing tips to treat it can help you be proactive if any symptoms ever do crop up and can help you get you back to feeling your best as rapidly as possible.
Derived from the lotus plant, its edible root is revered for its high nutritional content. It is a staple in Asian cooking, and typically added in salads to make the meal crunchy and flavorful. Its sweet-tangy flavor, and crunchy, starchy texture has actually made the lotus root extremely popular all over Asia. In truth boiled, sliced lotus roots are found in a variety of Asian cuisines.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: This is a prominent cause.
- This syndrome refers to the practical condition triggered when the bowels do not work properly.
- The signs include bloating, cramps, and rotating bouts of diarrhea and constipation.
- The best ibs treatment that is suggested is a change in the diet.
- Apart from being free of side-effects, they provide overall nutrition and health.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) includes a group of health conditions, which causes pain and discomfort in the intestinal tract.
- The most common symptoms of IBS include abdominal pain, stomach pain, bloating, constipation, and diarrhea.
- It is estimated that one out of every five Americans experiences the signs of this syndrome.
- Though IBS disturbs the normal day-to-day activities, it seldom causes long-term health complications.
Celiac Disease is Another Causative Factor
Celiac disease is an autoimmune gastrointestinal disorder that damages the small digestive villi. These villi are the little finger-like protrusions in the small intestine, and they play a major role in nutrient absorption. If they are harmed, nutrients can't be taken in. Those affected with celiac disease are not able to digest the wheat protein, gluten, discovered in breads, pizza crusts, and cookies. As a result of this, they deal with intestinal gurgling.
- The lotus root is a great source of folate and vitamin B6, that can assist in reducing homocysteine levels in the bloodstream.
- Homocysteine is an amino acid, a byproduct of protein metabolism.
- Too much of it has been associated with increased risk of embolism, heart attack, and stroke.
- With its high vitamin B content, this root can certainly help lower homocysteine levels, in turn securing the heart from damage.
- Therefore, regular consumption can play a protective role versus cardiovascular ailments.
- Celiac Disease: It is an autoimmune disorder, affecting the small intestine.
- People experience severe side effects on consuming gluten-containing foods.
Selenium mcg. Health Benefits of Lotus Root. Controls High Blood Pressure. People regularly eating lotus are not likely to suffer from high blood pressure, as the edible root is found to be high in potassium. Potassium, known for its vasodilating effect, plays a crucial role in lowering blood pressure. Boost in the potassium level blunts the blood pressure-raising effect of sodium, which works to keep it under control.
- Gastroparesis This condition generally slows down the shift of food from the stomach to the little intestinal tract.
- As a result, the food stays in the stomach for a greater quantity of time.
- This delay in clearing of the stomach can likewise trigger dispelling of strong-smelling sulfur gas through the mouth.
The lotus root includes immune-boosting vitamin C in astoundingly high amounts. Just 100 g of boiled lotus root provides a whopping 46% everyday advised consumption of vitamin C. So add this root to your diet to give your body immune system even more assistance.
You can also try a high-fiber diet plan which will assist ease the symptoms. If you believe that you are intolerant to lactose, talk to your medical professional. You may be advised to take lactose enzyme tablets or drops. Likewise, prevent foods consisting of gluten such as wheat, rye, barley, gram flour, semolina, etc. Consume a lot of fluids to prevent dehydration, but be very mindful to prevent alcohol, caffeine, and dairy items. Kids impacted by this problem should be provided oral rehydration solution or ORS to avoid dehydration and bloating after eating. Drink lots of fluids to prevent dehydration due to diarrhea.
Promotes Healthy Bowel Movement
A healthy bowel system is a distinct possibility if your diet does not contain sufficient dietary fiber. People suffering from constipation can get their bowel system back on track by regularly eating fiber-rich foods, like lotus root. With 100 g of boiled lotus root consisting of 12% everyday recommended consumption of dietary fiber, its addition in one's diet can definitely aid in enhancing bowel health. As the bowel system is a part of the digestive system, proper bowel functioning can also help enhancing digestive health. A blend containing a juice of grated ginger and lotus root is said to be the standard treatment for intestinal tract swelling (enteritis).
Magnesium supplements are easily offered in the market and do not need any prescription. If you are questioning what must be the dosage of magnesium for dealing with constipation, then keep in mind that 400-500 milligrams of magnesium citrate daily is generally the perfect dosage for dealing with irregularity. However, note that there are several aspects that have to be thought about when taking these magnesium supplements for irregularity, e.g., the dose of magnesium for constipation in children varies from that of adults.
Kids, Teenagers and Young Adults Require a Lower Dosage
On the other hand, the dose of magnesium for constipation during pregnancy should only be identified on seeking advice from the physician. Similarly, people suffering from a persistent disorder or taking drugs for hypoglycemia, etc., must seek advice from the doctor as magnesium can affect the function of these drugs. Simply put, one need to keep in mind that even though these supplements are acquired without a prescription, it is suggested that a person should speak with the medical professional before taking these supplements as laxatives on everyday basis.
Prevents Mucus Build-Up
High vitamin C material also indicates that this root can be helpful to ease respiratory infections such as common cold, pneumonia, and bronchitis. This is because, vitamin C is very much efficient in liquefying the thick mucus associated with these infections, and facilitate its drainage.
Lotus root is said to act as a natural hemostatic agent, which may help stop internal bleeding connected with digestive and urinary tract issues such as piles, rectal bleeding, and haematuria. Black bowel movement is an indicator of internal bleeding. Even nose and gum bleeding can be treated with this root. Having a glass of juice obtained from the lotus root can help stop bleeding. Fresh lotus root water or soup can also be used for the same purpose.
- Laxative Use Excessive use of laxatives also results in green bowels.
- This is since the laxative causes the bowels movements to occur very rapidly, thereby causing the bowel to wind up with discolored wastes.
Usage. Although it is typically cooked and included a sliced kind, the juice drawn out from this root is also used for medical reasons. The tea made from the juice of this root and ginger is said to have higher medicinal value, and often used to deal with fever and respiratory problems like cough. In China, lotus root powder combined with sweet osmanthus is frequently sold as a ready-to-severe beverage, and is considered to be very good for health.
Boiled Lotus Root Nutrition Facts Nutrients Boiled Lotus Root (100 g). DV. Dietary Fiber g. Vitamin C. mg. Thiamin mg. Niacin mg. Vitamin B6. mg.
Having a bowel motion both daily as well as when in 2 or 3 days are normal. Likewise, there is no scientific factor behind the common stating that, irregular removal causes build-up of contaminants in the body. According to the general rule of thumb, routine intake of high-fiber foods and a lot of water avoids the event of problems related to bowel movement.
Foods to Avoid: Eggs, pork, nuts, and shellfish are common antigens a substance that the body will react to, like an allergic reaction that may irritate the digestive tract and trigger IBS symptoms. Other foods that cause symptoms are discussed above.