Stories Of People With Ibs: Swollen Stomach Causes
Irritable bowel syndrome, ovarian cyst, uterine fibroid, irregularity, lactose intolerance, and overeating are a few of the common causes of a swollen stomach. The common symptoms include increased size of the stomach, a feeling of heaviness, and fatigue. The majority of the people experience a general feeling of sickness also. The condition gets resolved on its own once the food gets digested. However, a swollen stomach may in some cases indicate some serious underlying medical condition. A few such irregular conditions have been quickly described here.
Addition to increasing the amount of fiber consumed, a doctor may recommend fiber pills, or a high fiber powder that can be taken mixed with water.
Signs: Diarrhea, throwing up, pain in abdomen, cramping, low-grade fever, body pains, loss of appetite, muscle pain, chills, dehydration, etc
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI).
Case the pain is accompanied by a regular desire to urinate, and urination is often painful, then you might have a urinary tract infection. UTI includes microbial infection of any of the structures which comprise the excretory system. A few of organs involved in the excretory system of the body are kidneys, bladder, and ureter or urethra.
Diseases of the Big Intestine
Crohn's Disease Crohn's disease is an inflammatory bowel disease that can happen anywhere along the gastrointestinal tract. The exact cause of Crohn's disease is still unknown, but it is believed that it may be associated with genetic factors, environmental factors, or an unusual immune response. Symptoms of Crohn's disease include diarrhea, weight loss, abdominal pain and cramping, ulcers on the surface of the intestine, anal fissures, etc.
Treatment: The treatment options consist of open hernia repair work, hernioplasty, laparoscopic hernia repair, or bowel resection.
- Causes Green stool is caused due to a variety of factors.
- Medication can also be a significant factor that contributes to the excreta being green.
- When the medication is terminated, the color regains normalcy.
Small Bowel Obstruction Mechanical or functional obstruction or blockage of the small intestine is a medical condition that avoids fluids, food, and gas from going through the small intestine in a normal way.
Place of Hepatalgia
The reason liver discomfort is difficult to locate is since of the area where it is located. As discussed earlier, the liver is located in the upper-right quadrant of the abdomen, just below the rib cage. So, when one experiences hepatalgia, it is frequently confused as kidney pain, abdominal pain, or back pain.
- Psyllium husk, also referred to as 'isabgol' is native to India, and is derived from the seed of a plant referred to as plantago ovata.
- It is incredibly rich in fiber, offering up to 71g of fiber per third of a cup.
- It is a water soluble supplement, however indigestible, which makes it useful to promote healthy bowels and other gastrointestinal functions.
- It has also shown benefits to those who have high cholesterol and diabetes, and helps with controlling obesity and achieving weight reduction.
- On the other hand, it has been found to have certain adverse effects.
Pregnancy Due to the development of the fetus, and the subsequent compression of the surrounding internal organs of the mother, the discomfort sensitive areas and nerves are compressed, giving rise to pain. It is relatively common, and can be alleviated to a certain extent by preserving a good posture, balancing the fetal weight, and by utilizing heat or ice compresses.
Stomach discomfort that lasts for 3 days or more Stomach pain that reduces after a bowel movement Changes in the color, texture, and general appearance of your stool
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Irritable bowel syndrome, although a digestive disorder, is one of the causes of neck and back pain. The exact cause of this condition is not known, but tension, diet, dietary habits, etc., are said to trigger this condition. It is characterized by alternating stages of constipation and diarrhea, left side back pain under ribs, abdominal pain after consuming, bloating, etc.
- There is no indication that women suffer more constipation symptoms than men, but women do experience a worsening of symptoms during certain times.
- One of those moments is during pregnancy since of the hormone changes.
- These hormone changes affect the body and disrupt the normal routine, which leads to irregularity.
- Women experience the same problems during the days surrounding menstruation.
- Some women experience worse constipation symptoms during menstruation as well.
- It is also common for women to experience constipation more often during menopause, which also relates to the body producing less hormones.
- Find other options today!
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Treatments
There is no permanent cure for IBS. Nevertheless, medication can help in reducing the signs of IBS. Secondly, a change in diet and way of life can also help in relieving the symptoms and discomfort caused due to this condition.
We Should Understand that Not Everyone Faces Side Effects of Gallbladder Removal
Some experience a smooth laparoscopy or open surgical treatment with minimal adverse effects. Some don't even have to switch to a low-fat diet. However, some on the other hand, face serious diarrhea problems and have to be extra careful about what they eat. Thus, the side effects vary from one person to another.
Natural treatment The use of herbs in dealing with irritable bowel syndrome is unfortunately sometimes trial and error at first, since of the varying symptoms of IBS from day to day. If you would like to try it, do your research and always supplement first thing every morning with a probiotic. Speak with a herbalist who will discuss with you which types of herbs can help your condition. Naturopath and herbalists have had extensive formal training so they know which herbs are good and suitable for certain disorders. Peppermint is one of the popular herbs that is said to be helpful in soothing colon muscles. Also psyllium husks, which are a natural veggie fiber are excellent for taking in the past eating meals as they buffer the effects of the food.
Bloating Flatulence Insomnia Sexual dysfunction Backache Headache Mucus-rich stool Female Issues: Irregularity Symptoms in Ladies
- After cleaning the colon, bowel dysfunctions are gotten rid of, and the colon resumes its normal bowel movements.
- The body is healed from within.
- The medicinal properties of aloe bring back the peristalsis of the intestines, thereby curing the irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- IBS does not respond to other medications or treatment methods.
- Hence, aloe enema is the only solution to this problem.
As well as the kinds of food eaten, the overall amount of food should also be considered. Abdominal pain and cramping may be triggered by big meals. If this happens, patients ought to reduce their meal size and rather eat 4 or 5 smaller meals instead. Not everyone will be able to schedule 4 or more meals a day, and if sticking to 3 meals a day the general advice would be to eat less fatty food and more food high in fiber at each meal.
Easy to Digest Vegetables and Fruits Fruits are regarded as fast digesting foods. This is due to the fact that the fruits themselves contain gastrointestinal enzymes that in fact help to promote food digestion. In general, foods that are mashed are much easier to absorb.Watermelon,...
Some people may face minor discomfort attacks now and then in the long run. However, many people have said this pain is nothing like the pain attacks before the surgery. Some may even face moderate cramping.
- After a surgical treatment, abdominal noises may not be heard, because it takes time for the basic anesthesia to wear off.
- So, there is usually no bowel movement for a while after any kind of surgery that employed general anesthesia.
- Few of the common reasons for sharp pain on the left side waist are briefly described below.
- Reasons for Waist Pain on the Left Side
My Nutrition Transformation Story - How I cured myself of IBS
Hey there. This is my transformation story. Two years in the making. I got my life back, and I cured myself of a 14-year bout with Chronic IBS. TMI.. Yes!! But.
- Coughing Coughing or sneezing too difficult sends jerks that travel all the way down to the ribs.
- Relying on the intensity of the jerk, it can cause a crack or a minor swelling in the specific part of the rib cage.
- Rib fractures have been reported after regular episodes of coughing in people suffering from pneumonia or severe cold.
- Gastritis It is a medical condition where the lining of the stomach is irritated.
- It is symptomized by burning sensation and pain in either the left or right side of the abdomen.
- Treatment: Medications are recommended to deal with the symptoms.
- Having electrolytes and plain drinking water can treat dehydration.
- At the same time, the doctor will also recommend changes in diet and lifestyle.
Diarrhea Irregularity Seeming like you need to pass a defecation, but being not able to
Those of you who have missed out on a duration and are experiencing some early symptoms such as morning sickness, should first consult your midwife or doctor. It is possible that you could be pregnant and still get a negative pregnancy test since of low sensitivity pregnancy kit. So, you will be advised to carry out a retest after one week. If the second test is negative too, then look out for the reasons behind late period. The commonly found causes of irregular menstrual period and possible ways of treating them are given below.
IBS the acronym for Irritable bowel syndrome can not be called as a disease in itself. It is rather a disorder connected with the bowel movements which arises due to improper functioning of the digestive system. It may also be connected to the nervous system being quite sensitive. Another reason may be the way in which all these functions are controlled by the brains.
Treatment: Treatment Aims At Minimizing the Underlying Cause
So, it is important that the underlying factors be diagnosed correctly to initiate the treatment in the right direction. Nevertheless, if the cause can not be pinned down, the doctor might perform a surgery to eliminate the enlarged spleen.
The Signs Continue to Increase During the Third Trimester Period
One of the most obvious indicators that a pregnant woman may experience is irregularity. This condition happens because the level of progesterone boosts and permits the muscles of the body to chill out or relax. Once this happen, the digestive system of the body begins to operate gradually. Constipation similarly is very evident to individuals who have poor dieting plans and inadequate exercises.
How is the Diagnosis of Gluten Allergy Made?
Until quite recently the diagnosis was quite difficult considering that the symptoms are so varied as well as just like other ailments, such as digestive infection, irritable bowel syndrome, iron deficiency, chronic fatigue and Crohn's disease. As a matter of fact, there could be a cross over between gluten allergy and a few of these diseases. A person may have a combination of these problems, which can be aggravated by unsuitable food choices.
Ulcerative Colitis: When ulcers or swelling and sores are formed in the lining of the colon and the rectum, it leads to a disease known as ulcerative colitis. This inflammatory bowel disease can cause severe lower stomach pain in guys along with symptoms such as anemia, tiredness, weight loss, skin lesions, fever, nausea, and bloody diarrhea. Corticosteroids, immunomodulators, and other such drugs are believed to be an effective way of alleviating the pain and infection. In case of severe diarrhea or bleeding, the person has to be hospitalized.
Tests: There are two major lab tests carried to confirm the testing and treatment of IBS symptoms with irregularity. The first is the food intolerance test. The test involves pricking a finger to collect blood which is the tested for the syndromes. The food intolerance test uses the antibodies in your blood to determine any food culprits. Many patients who complain of frequent diarrhea, stomach pains, bloat among other stomach disorders find out that they have food intolerance after the test. The food intolerance is therefore the major cause of the stomach pains, defecation and frequent bloating after. Though the symptoms of food intolerance differ from one person to the other, major symptoms include having itchy skin, glue ears, sore throats and bloating. The second test is the stool test which aims to measure yeast development, bad parasites and presence of any parasite in the stool. The health consultant might have to use the 3 stool sample to recognize IBS.
- Random, separated incidents of discomfort can occur in any part of the body and neck and back pain is nothing uncommon.
- Nevertheless, having pain in the left side of back after eating is a symptom not experienced by many.
- Usually, the pain disappears after a couple of minutes.
- But if it is reoccurring and has started to make you wary of eating, it is a cause for concern.
- There are many factors that can lead to pain, primary which are listed below.
Foods to Eat
Increase Fiber Intake: The diet should ideally include an increased amount of fiber. A high fiber diet improves the intestinal tract function and helps relieve the painful bowel movements connected with irritable bowel syndrome. There are two forms of fiber, that includes soluble and insoluble fiber. While soluble fiber is the one which dissolves in water to form gel like substances; insoluble fiber controls constipation by adding bulk to the stool. Soluble fiber sources include citrus fruits, beans, and apples, while insoluble fiber is present in wheat bran, whole grain breads, and vegetables. (A word of caution though, for people suffering from diarrhea, the excess fiber may only aggravate the symptoms of diarrhea). Also, to avoid looking puffed up and constipated, supplement your day-to-day fiber consumption with adequate amounts of water.
Surgery is the only treatment method for dealing with appendicitis. The irritated appendix is removed surgically to avoid further complication. If the inflamed appendix remains neglected, it can rupture, causing a lot of pain.
Swallowing Excessive Air
This is a strange, yet common cause of this condition. If you use a straw for your drinks, or if you drink out of sports bottles, then swallowing too much air is probably the cause for your bloated stomach. There are a number of other ways through which we swallow a lot of air, for instances, talking while we eat, chewing on gum all through the day, or eating when on the move. Preventing these practices can significantly reduce the chances of landing a bloated stomach.
- While speaking about the issues of small intestine, many people report obstruction in this portion and infection by hazardous bacteria.
- Accordingly, the symptoms of small intestinal disorders and severity of the conditions may vary from one patient to another.
- For your understanding, following is a list of small intestinal conditions together with the manifested symptoms.