Diarhea: Stool Softener Home Remedies
Constipation is a condition that is characterized by challenging evacuation of the bowel due to hardening of stool. It is a common health issue that causes a host of distressing signs such as infrequent defecation, bloating, abdominal pain, feeling of incomplete evacuation of the bowel, etc. Considering that the fecal matter ends up being very hard and dry, the lining of the rectum and rectum might get damaged during bowel movement, thus leading to discomfort, bleeding, or hemorrhoids.
- Aloe Vera Juice An effectual home remedy for softening stool is consuming aloe vera juice.
- As per medical research, aloe vera juice consists of anthraquinone glycosides, which are active components of many laxatives.
People who are unable to tolerate usage of food products that contain gluten are said to suffer from celiac disease. Gluten is a type of protein in wheat products, oats and rye. When patients diagnosed with celiac disease include gluten products in their diet, it hurts inner lining of the small intestine and is accompanied by poor digestion, extreme gas and stomach pain.
Symptoms: Passing stools for less than 3 times in a week, passing very hard stools, abdominal cramps, straining when passing stools, rectal pain, weight loss (in chronic cases), etc
- Treatment As mentioned above, there can be several major causes of pelvic pain on right side.
- But, one need to remember that all these causes can be successfully treated.
- Treatment of ectopic pregnancy depends on the location of the egg as well as the condition of the female.
- Laparoscopy and surgical treatment are two major treatment methods used to deal with ectopic pregnancy.
- Treatment of chronic bacterial prostatitis depends on its severity.
- However, antibiotics are the only effective methods of treating it.
Abdominal pain, of any kind, should not be ignored as it is one of the potential symptoms of any of the aforementioned serious disorders. It is wise to consult the doctor and try to find proper treatment methods. Make sure!
Eat Small Meals
Six small meals instead of three full-course meals is appreciated by your system. Now, this does not mean you cut down on quantity and the calories required by your body and demanded by your way of life. Your meals ought to be in accordance with the aforementioned factors.
Urinary Tract Infection
Urinary tract infection (UTI) is a collective name used to describe infection in either parts of the urinary system: the kidneys, the ureters, the bladder, or the urethra. Bacterial infection in the urinary tract gives rise to this disease.
Associated Diseases & Disorders
Burning stomach pain can be mild or severe, depending on the disease of which it is a symptom. There are various conditions like GERD, stomach flu, UTI, lactose intolerance, etc., in which you can experience burning pain in stomach. Listed below are the various diseases which can be attributed to this sign. The other symptoms of the illness are likewise noted, so that you can identify the origin.
Symptoms: Difficulty and pain during urination, blood in urine, fever, nausea, pelvic pain, tender stomach, vomiting, etc., are the symptoms of urinary tract infection.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): Abdominal cramping accompanied by loose motions is an indication of irritable bowel syndrome. IBS is an intestinal problem that can cause moderate to severe stomach pain. Diagnosed in 20% of the world's population, this digestive tract disorder specifically targets the colon (the large intestine), that leads to digestion problems. Overeating and excess alcohol consumption are the main contributory aspects to IBS.
Some cases, the cramping is confined to a specific part of the stomach, indicating that an organ within the abdominal region is not working properly. This could be your gallbladder, pancreas or the intestines. However, if the cramp like pain affects a major part of your stomach, it is often due to overeating and inactive lifestyle that leads to gas, indigestion and bloating.
The area between the breastbone or thorax and the pelvic bone is called abdomen. The part above the navel is referred to as upper abdomen and the one below it is called lower abdomen. It is the largest cavity in the human body. The abdomen contains lots of important body structures, like the kidneys, liver, pancreas, etc. An issue in any of them may result in stomach pain. There can be a number of factors that can lead to left side abdominal pain. Sometimes, pain due to a particular condition on the right side of the abdomen, radiates to the left side. It makes the detection of the proper reason behind abdominal pain a tough task. Some important ones are pointed out here:
This condition occurs when the spermatic cord (in males) gets twisted, resulting in sudden and severe pain. Due to the twisting of the cord, blood flow is affected. In severe cases, it can even lead to complete damage to the testis.
- Treatment: A combination of surgery, radiation and chemotherapy are the typical treatment methods for cancer.
- Surgical removal of tumor or infected part; radiation therapy, etc., can help in dealing with cancer to a great extent, if diagnosed early.
Causes and Treatment Although disorders of the stomach like food poisoning, injury, infection, etc., top the list of causes of stomach pain, it can also be caused due to reasons not related to the stomach at all.
Flaxseed Flaxseeds contain omega-3 fatty acids. It attracts water in the bowel and breaks down the difficult stools, making it easier to excrete them. It is extremely important to drink a sufficient amount of water for this solution to work. It is always better to use seeds instead of flaxseed oil due to the fact that the seeds add necessary bulk to the stools, thereby facilitating passage of stools. Grinding the seeds before consumption will be more effective as powdered form includes more fiber than the seeds.
- Causes Many people experience stomach cramps and diarrhea in the morning.
- This is often the result of poor eating habits, too much alcohol or coffee consumption.
- Digestion disorders that cause these health issues are offered below:
Treatment: Making changes in the diet and lifestyle can control IBS to a great extent. Medicines, laxatives, antidiarrheals, antispasmodics, etc., are helpful in alleviating the symptoms. If IBS is caused due to stress and mental illness, the patient ought to go for appropriate therapy and treatment approaches.
IBS Free Diet
Before you think about following diet you ought to be mindful that everyone has different tolerances and can react badly to certain foods. So you need to tailor your diet around your own personal information, but you can use this as a rough guideline.
Symptoms: Lower abdominal and lower back pain, difficulty during urination, irregular menstrual cycle, vaginal finding, diarrhea, vomiting, pain during sex, etc
Prank rite aid explossive diarhea.
- Treatment: Antibiotics are used to treat UTI.
- Drinking adequate amounts of water, practicing good hygiene, and safe sex helps in treatment and prevention of UTI.
- Treatment: Home treatment and medication can help in passing smaller kidney stones.
- You will need a surgery to break and remove large kidney stones.
Diverticulitis: Studies show that people who have crossed 60 years of age, tend to struggle with diverticulosis, a condition in which sac like structures (pouches, also referred to as diverticula) form on the the inner wall of the large intestine (colon). In most cases, these multiple pouches take place in the lower left region of the colon. These pouches are safe and normally do not interfere with regular bowel function. Hence, many do not even realize that they are having diverticula. However, when these pouches get swollen due to an infection, the condition is referred to as diverticulitis. This condition is characterized by cramps that usually take place in the left side abdominal region. Apart from cramping, diverticulitis likewise disturbs typical bowel habits, which may lead to bloody and watery stools.
The First and Most Important Area to Look At is Drinking
A frequent situation people find themselves in is dehydration when in hotter countries. Be sure to drink a good amount of water as you can lose fluid very speedily in hot countries. Along with the warm weather being a reason for dehydration, there is that little thing we enjoy called alcohol. Alcoholic drinks aggravate dehydration and give you a headache, so you ought to absolutely avoid drinking extreme amounts of alcohol. Now you know it is important to drink water, make certain the water you drink is bottled, as foreign countries have diverse purities of water which can result in an upset stomach. Then you need to try to remember to avoid swallowing any water from swimming pools or lakes, as these are not actually expected to be swallowed and are known to cause difficulties to health when ingested.
It is a type of purgative herb that can provide relief from constipation. It is considered as the safest amongst all purgative herbs, because other herbs of this category cause forceful elimination of the wastes from the body, irritating the lining of intestines. These herbs should not be used on a daily basis.
Crohn's disease is caused due to the body's autoimmune response which affects the digestive tract, resulting in inflammation. Based on the location of inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract, the complications of Crohn's disease may vary. A few of the noticeable signs include weakness, stomach irritation, diarrhea, throwing up, weight loss, and at times, skin issues.
Treatment: Surgical removal of the inflamed appendix is the most recommended and effective methods used to treat appendicitis.
Most of the Cases, Abdominal Pain is Caused Due to Indigestion or Constipation
However, if other symptoms like fever, backache, etc., are observed along with it, you can not rule out the possibility of an extreme underlying disorder. As numerous crucial organs are located in the right abdominal area, there can be many possible reasons for persistent or acute lower abdominal discomfort.
- Diverticulitis Sometimes, sacs or pouches, known as diverticula, bulge out from the wall of the colon.
- The swelling or inflammation of these diverticula is known as diverticulitis.
- The exact cause of diverticulitis is unknown.
- Treatment: Antibiotics can treat the initial and milder symptoms of PID.
- In severe cases, if the inflammation has caused an abscess, a surgery may be required.
Food Poisoning: Eating contaminated food items often cause food poisoning, which often times is not serious but can cause diarrhea and is accompanied by stomach cramps.
- For treating discomfort in stomach caused due to diarrhea, following the BRAT diet plan for diarrhea is very important.
- A person suffering from diarrhea needs to eat BRAT foods, i.e. bananas, rice, applesauce and toast.
- Besides that, for diarrhea and upset stomach, appropriately prepared vegetables having high fluid content must be carried out.
The Final Things to Think about are Toilet Stops During Your Journey
Whether you choose to travel via coach, aircraft or car there are a number of ways to try preparing your toilet stops. If travelling by coach one important thing to think about is that the coach has an on-board toilet, that way you know you have access to the toilet at any time through the trip. If your choice is by car, then plan your journey and know where the toilets are on your travels. Wherever you go there will tourist board information centres which can direct you to the nearby toilets.
Last but not least, if air travel is your choice then be sure to book a seat beforehand which is an aisle seat, this means you will not need to clamber over people to reach the toilets. You should also consider pre booking your dietary specifications such as gluten free, low fat etc. Many individuals endure anxiety when flying and for IBS affected individuals this can trigger signs of their condition, so be sure to relax and use comfortable clothes. Some people find taking a moderate sedative can help when flying.
- Medications: Intake of certain medicines such as dexedrine, may also bring health problems such as watery stools and abdominal cramps.
- These side effects are generally observed when drugs such as dexedrine are mistreated.
- Overuse of prescription medications is one of the most common causes of abdominal cramps and frequent bowel movement.
Intolerance to Certain Foods
There are certain food items which can be responsible for a bloated stomach. Vegetables, such as broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts, cabbages, onions, and garlic are known to cause a bloated stomach. Some dairy products as well as wheat, also may cause this condition. Excessive consumption of food items which contain the protein gluten cause bloating, too. This protein acts notorious as it produces a lot of gas. If you have actually started following a high-fiber diet recently, it is encouraged that you stop this diet for a while. You can reestablish the fiber, nevertheless, slowly, so that you do not have a bloated stomach. Nevertheless, do not skip fiber from your diet plan completely.
- Symptoms: Nausea, vomiting, pain in the testicles and scrotum, lower abdominal pain, swelling, etc .
- Treatment: Surgery is required to treat testicular torsion.
- If found at an early stage, testicles can be saved.
- If not, they may have to be removed.
Nervous stomach can be really distressing when a person has an important event coming up like an interview, a presentation, or a business meeting. To control nervousness and associated stomach pains in such instances, one can use the tips mentioned below so that the issue can be dealt with in a much better way. Tension, stress and anxiety and depression definitely contribute to a nervous stomach ache. In most cases, the stomach ache is temporary, however, when it takes up a persistent form, it is time to go to a doctor.
Pancreatitis: Pancreatitis, the inflammation of the pancreas can also trigger abdominal cramps and bowel dysfunction that manifests in the form of watery bowel movement. As we all know, pancreas is a tongue shaped, glandular organ, around 15 cm long and lies in the abdominal region at the rear of the stomach. The pancreas is generally involved in producing enzymes and digestive juice that allow the body to soak up and digest consumed food. It is observed that pancreatitis is often diagnosed in alcoholics and people affected with autoimmune disorders. No matter what the cause is, pancreatitis signs that take place are bad digestion, gas, nausea and loose stools.
The Use of Senna is Not Recommended for Children Below 12 Years of Age
People with chronic gastrointestinal problems like Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, hemorrhoids, or appendicitis should not use it. If you have a medical history of allergies, consult your doctor before taking it. Also, this herb could communicate with drugs such as birth control pills, digoxin, estrogens, warfarin, water pills, etc., or herbs such as horsetail, licorice, and other stimulant laxative herbs. So, do notify your healthcare provider or organic specialist about preexisting medical conditions or other drugs that you are taking presently.
Even though there are treatments available for pancreas problems, you ought to take preventive measures to prevent it. You must give up smoking and consumption of alcohol. Finally, also keep in mind that having a healthy diet and way of life likewise helps in prevention of numerous illness and disorders. Take care!
- Helpful Remedies Anxious stomach ache can be managed with medication and particular lifestyle changes.
- Managing a Worried Stomach
- Symptoms: Mild to severe pain in the abdomen (on one side), vaginal bleeding, sweating, diarrhea, etc .
- Treatment: If detected in early stages, medications are prescribed to terminate the pregnancy and treat the symptoms.
- In later stages, surgical methods may be needed to treat the problems.
Choledocholithiasis The presence of one or more gallstones in the common bile duct (the duct into which the cystic duct releases bile) is referred to as choledocholithiasis. Such a condition may obstruct bile and the stagnant bile may cause cholangitis (inflammation of the bile duct).
- Pain During the first few days after the surgery, patients will face significant amounts of discomfort and abdominal pain.
- This is due to the fact that the organs have been shifted internally throughout the surgery to eliminate the gallbladder.
- The CO2 gas is also responsible for the pain felt in the right shoulder and right side of the abdomen.
- However, this pain subsides within a week or so.
- If an open surgical treatment was carried out, the injury will take couple of weeks to heal.
- Laughing, coughing, sneezing, etc. put pressure on the stitches and end up being uncomfortable.
- For laparoscopy, discomfort will be felt around the entry points, which should relieve in a couple of days.
- Pain relievers are prescribed to decrease the pain, however, some pain relievers once again have associated adverse effects.
Foods that Worsen IBS
Gaseous Foods Bloating and abdominal cramping is one of the most common symptoms of IBS. Gassy foods (Brussel sprouts, asparagus, cauliflower, broccoli, beans, artichokes) promote buildup of digestive tract gas, which can make bloating more severe. IBS patients can get into trouble when they have meals that contain gaseous foods.
Maintaining good food hygiene, avoiding milk products and following food safety practices such as cooking it properly is the mainstay of the treatment for stomach cramps and diarrhea. Keep in mind, that an appointment with the doctor is essential when these health issues do not go away or keep recurring at short intervals. Even an intestinal blockage can cause stomach upset and pain. Therefore, diagnosing the cause and treating it at the earliest will work in favor of the client and prevent further complications.
Cholecystitis: In cholecystitis, the gallbladder, a muscular organ located below the liver, appears inflamed. The main task of the gallbladder is to collect bile (digestive juice) from the liver and pass it on to the stomach to promote digestion. Formation of gallstones in the gallbladder is the most common cause of cholecystitis. Cholecystitis patients typically complain about cramping pain in the right side abdominal region and suffer from unwanted changes in healthy bowel function such as diarrhea. As the condition progresses, it may affect the liver and trigger jaundice.
Overall, we understand how challenging travelling can be when you are suffering from IBS, so be sure to abide by the recommendations above about IBS assistance when taking a trip to make sure you holiday isn't spoilt by your IBS symptoms.
Cancer Although rare, abdominal pain can be one of the symptoms of colon cancer, bowel cancer, stomach cancer (also known as gastric cancer), ovarian cancer, etc. Cancer is caused due to an uncontrolled growth of cells (tumor) inside a particular organ.
- How to Consume.
- Take tsp. rhubarb root tincture 3 times a day.
- You can also add 1 tbsp. of the herb to 2 cups of water and drink the extract followed by another glass of water.
- Stomach Infections: Infections that target the digestive tract can also trigger health problems such as stomach ulcers and gastroenteritis.
- Abdominal cramps along with diarrhea and vomiting are the common symptoms of a number of stomach disorders.
- People with stomach problems, often lose the desire to have food.
- Abdominal discomfort is often regarded as a precursor to stomach ulcers.
- Treatment: In most of the cases, making changes in your diet and lifestyle can help in treating constipation.
- The doctor will also prescribe medication or laxatives to treat chronic constipation.
- In severe cases, a surgery will be advised if the person experiences intestinal blockage.
- Appendicitis: Appendicitis causes inflammation of the appendix, a small 4-inch tubular structure at the beginning of the large intestine.
- Cramps that cause sharp pain in the right side abdominal region is the most common symptom of appendicitis.
- Besides causing serious stubborn belly pain and fever, patients may also experience diarrhea or irregularity.
So, all in all, mucus in stool during pregnancy is usually not a serious condition, but if mucus is excreted along with blood, the condition needs medical attention. You need to get in touch with a doctor so that you know the precise reason behind this condition.
Damion is a lead writer at zoejo.com, a site about health, lifestyle and fitness. Previously, Damion worked as a advertising guru at a well-known tech software web site. When he's not scouting for new content, Damion enjoys skydiving and rock climbing.